GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

Although I heard it live the first time, I managed to spill my coffee hearing Dr. Stoloff again, testifying in court - after his patient having been found guilty of murder and during sentencing proceedings - the following:

"It's terrible what people do to each other in relationships and Jason's deeply remorseful that his, as I believe, his actions led to Susan's death, but that does not make him responsible for her murder"

WHAT?! LOL!!!!!

That doctor is clearly a misogynist. Saying that Jason was pushed and provoked by Susan while he conducted an affair right under her nose, and then saying that he was not responsible for her murder, he may just have well have said Susan deserved to be murdered.

Very foolish and discredits his professional opinion. LVN served him up on a plate and I see he was very satisfied delivering his punchline "no further questions".

This Judge is nobody's fool and will not take kindly to those sentiments. I am surprised I haven't seen a write up on these outrageous statements in the news yet. I think the backlash for this idiot of a psychiatrist should cause him problems. You just can't get away with those kinds of attitudes.

Yes, excellent point Tortoise, I have been wondering about that too... I cannot believe that Jason has no means of his own. After all he was a very successful businessman.
He still blames Susan for what happened to him, though. It's always the "poor me" sob story.

But this slime bag sacked his group of lawyers, only ending up with this lot.
?? over money costs.
I thought it suspicious, when Stollof stated Rohde's past Psychologist Ms Nelson committed suicide in June 2018, PLUS it was 2 (from memory) of Rohde's past Lawyers that were murdered.o_Oo_Oo_O
Coincidences!!!!
OR South Africa. :(
MOO.

But this slime bag sacked his group of lawyers, only ending up with this lot.
?? over money costs.
I thought it suspicious, when Stollof stated Rohde's past Psychologist Ms Nelson committed suicide in June 2018, PLUS it was 2 (from memory) of Rohde's past Lawyers that were murdered.o_Oo_Oo_O
Coincidences!!!!
OR South Africa. :(
MOO.

Last night, as exhausted from the heat, I took a nap, waking up 7 hours later, with my little dog curled next to me on the floor, in front of the fan.
She was looking after me.
We must have deserved a rest.

I missed a mess and now will check back.
So looking forward to LVN, Mr Polite, during cross of Stollof, a real jerk.
Stollof certainly now will be the 'talk of the town' amongst his peers.
Hope further action will be taken against Stollof professionally.
Come on Women, and Men, how can such statements be made by a PROFESSIONAL.:eek::eek::eek:
SO pleased, slime ball Rohde did not get bail.:):):)
So looking forward to hearing gorgeous Judge, and her statements over this.

So did they postpone, due to eldest daughter, being unable to cope here?
VDS has caused problems throughout, continual delays, and as stated by Dora, probably towards an Appeal etc.
Hope all his rubbish tactics were in vain, and slime ball Rohde, remains in prison, WITHOUT bail, as proceedings for the next few years, all fail.

As our gorgeous Judge, is married to the top Court Judge in South Africa, all the possible support will be there for her, at her finger tips.:):):)
Now to listening.
Thanks to all for following to date.:)

Also, the State and Defense, will produce a summary of their sentencing info, but not today.:(:(
This whole trial etc is never ending.
I wonder how many of us, will be left to the end.:D
lol tmar, I didn't even get an alert for this thread and my memory is shot but I'll try and stick it out till the end.
Very sad about the financial situation for the girls, this on top of Dad killing their Mum, their world has been tipped upside down. :(

Thank you everyone for the updates.

I hope that psych has no female patients, they'd be scolded for trying to save their marriage or showing despair after being humiliated time and time again by their husband! Let him be or you'll face the consequences! :mad: :rolleyes:

lol tmar, I didn't even get an alert for this thread and my memory is shot but I'll try and stick it out till the end.
Very sad about the financial situation for the girls, this on top of Dad killing their Mum, their world has been tipped upside down. :(

What a pity you missed this mess: it was horrid.
I thought you were aware, and were too busy.
I fell asleep, during the break and then had to catch up.
This seems to go on 'forever', but at least Rohde loses at EACH step.
Hope this keeps up.
LOVE the Judge, and now Mr Polite, LVN.

South Africa

Rohde's 'frightened' daughter refuses to give evidence on her dad's behalf

06 December 2018 - 16:04
Jason Rohde’s eldest daughter, who was due to testify in mitigation of her father’s sentence for murdering her mother, changed her mind after entering the witness box on Thursday.

Now her father will remain in custody over Christmas after Judge Gayaat Salie-Hlophe denied a fresh request that he be granted bail so he could spend the holiday with his three children in Plettenberg Bay.

Katie Rohde, 20, had hoped to be able to testify in camera, without the media and public present.

But Salie-Hlophe ruled that the media could remain in court and that an audio of Katie’s testimony could be broadcast, but that cameras should not focus on her.

After Katie was sworn in, Rohde’s advocate, Graham van der Spuy, asked to address Salie-Hlophe, and told her that as Katie was being led into court by Rohde’s attorney, Tony Mostert, she had indicated that in light of the judge’s ruling she no longer wished to testify.

“She’s too frightened,” said Van der Spuy. “May I ask for an adjournment to get clarity and instructions.” Later, Van der Spuy confirmed that Katie would no longer testify.

Earlier, asking that her testimony be heard in camera, Van der Spuy said: “This is a major issue for a child, torn between a deceased mother and a convicted father, and in-laws on each side.”

Making a fresh bail application on Thursday, Van der Spuy said there was "an extraordinarily lengthy period of time" until the case would resume on February 18.

"I appreciate that he has been convicted of a serious offence ... and that in the absence of the defence being able to provide compelling circumstances that he faces a minimum of 15 years' imprisonment. However, he has not yet been sentenced," he said.

"I do believe that his track record of cooperation and compliance ... is as close to 100% as one could possibly get in the circumstances.

"He cannot leave the country's borders. His asset base has been decimated by this case. He no longer has a house, or access to a house, in Johannesburg.

The fact that the case was not yet over was as a result of a delay sought by the defence. "As such, I do not consider that the reality that we have to postpone proceedings to February is a justifiable new fact."

Van der Spuy said on February 18 he would be calling two friends of Rohde, Craig Fleischer and Craig Livingstone, as well as Rohde's mother, Brenda Rohde, to give evidence in mitigation of sentence.

Last edited:
Search Results
Top stories
upload_2018-12-7_22-59-23.jpeg
WATCH LIVE: Jason Rohde's sentencing proceedings continue
News24·1 day ago

Susan's sister Angela Norton gave an interview to the SA Newspaper "Beeld". She says Rohde should get a sentence of 15 years as the couple's daughters should be taken into consideration. (I used Google translator for that info, so I hope it is accurate.)

Attachments

• beeld_beeld-jhb11122018001jhbb1-beeld-1.jpg
    beeld_beeld-jhb11122018001jhbb1-beeld-1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 11
Here is Angela Norton's interview from the Beeld newspaper (11 Dec 2018)

Rohde must be sentenced to 15 years in prison.
She thinks about his daughters' welfare

The State has asked Angela Norton, Mark Holmes (her brother) and their parents, Diane and Neville Holmes to write a victim impact statement.

Norton wrote that the last couple of years have been a kind of hell. She described the strong bond she and her sister had and how they had raised their children together.
She says the relationship with her sister changed a few years before her death. It was as if the intimacy of the relationship was gone. After Susan's death she dedicated herself to helping her nieces deal with the loss of their mother.

"Relationships in our family suffered and many others paid the price, and I played a big part in it" she wrote. She realises now that it has cost her own children too. "They saw how their mother's world collapsed. They saw broken relationships and sometimes they had to feel like their own world collapsed. I feel guilty that they had to experience it".

She nevertheless asked the court to preserve the welfare of the Rohde daughters and to give Jason the minimum 15 year sentence.

Diane (Susan's mother) wanted to give her daughter a voice, so that she was not just an object or a piece of evidence. "In early 2016 Susan became very isolated and I asked her what was wrong. She just said she was sorting out a problem". On the morning of July 24, 2016, Jason called her and said Susan was dead. "I have little recollection of that time" she said. Diane remained strong and began arrangements for the funeral. She was heartbroken when Jason and and his daughters went home right away after the funeral.

Diane says she could not talk to the twins, Josie and Alexandra (18) because they are very protective towards their father.

They are especially worried because they feel Diane was very kind to Jason when he needed money from the family estate to pay for his legal expenses.

"We even feel -after the verdict- that there is an alienation and that we are solely responsible for the position Jason finds himself in. I have lost a part of myself and feel really alone".

Thank you Dora. It sounds to me as if Susan's family can't express their feelings for fear of alienating the three girls. Not being able to comfort the girls, as if their relationship with Susan makes their support of her as the victim a barrier to having a relationship with the girls.

I get the same sense with Marli van Breda and the aunts and uncles too, no one knows how to deal with the situation caused by the murderer. Believe in his guilt or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back