Found Deceased Mexico - Christine St-Onge, 41, Canadian tourist, travel companion found dead in Quebec, 4 Dec 2018

Laval woman missing in Mexico, travel companion found dead | CBC News

Quebec provincial police are asking for help finding a woman who went missing in Mexico and whose travel companion was found dead after he returned to Canada.

Christine St-Onge, 41, hasn't been heard from since Tuesday.

The male friend she travelled with to Mexico returned to Quebec, alone, on Dec. 5 and was found dead the next day. Provincial police said it was death by suicide.

Both left for Mexico on Nov. 29 and were originally scheduled to fly back to Quebec on Dec. 6.

View attachment 159236
This article is dated December 10th. He came back on December 5th and committed suicide. Yet......in that article, it says:

When the man was found dead last week, an investigation was launched by provincial police, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Mexican authorities, Tremblay said.

I know I posted this quote before in my earlier post- it is really bothering me that it was th police that launched an investigation into Christine's whereabouts- no family or friends did. She would have been home for five to six days before this article was posted. No one found it strange amongst her family and friends that she didn't come back home, or that they hadn't heard from her in a few days? Did they know that he came home before the police found him deceased?

I wonder what her last conversation was before this happened. Was she happy, scared, angry?

This article is dated December 10th. He came back on December 5th and committed suicide. Yet......in that article, it says:

When the man was found dead last week, an investigation was launched by provincial police, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Mexican authorities, Tremblay said.

I know I posted this quote before in my earlier post- it is really bothering me that it was th police that launched an investigation into Christine's whereabouts- no family or friends did. She would have been home for five to six days before this article was posted. No one found it strange amongst her family and friends that she didn't come back home, or that they hadn't heard from her in a few days? Did they know that he came home before the police found him deceased?

I wonder what her last conversation was before this happened. Was she happy, scared, angry?

No I think it’s just awkward reporting. I understand it to be that they were immediately concerned when she hadn’t returned but only after JU’s suicide was an investigation launched.

Christine has two young boys at home so I’m quite certain that there was immediate concern amongst her family and friends when she hadn’t returned on Dec. 6 as planned. Her travel companion arranged a flight home for himself a day earlier and committed suicide on the 6th. So the 6th was a day that everything hit the fan and an investigation was thus launched.

On his FB it appears that his father passed away a few weeks ago and he was taking it very hard. He also had children.

He owned a surf/boat rental business and seemed to be proficient on the water. Sadly Imo, I think he disposed of Christine in the ocean off Mexico. Secrets is a big resort though so it’s hard to believe that nobody saw or heard anything. Christine was alive on the 4th and he flew out of Mexico on the 5th so something terrible happened the night of the 4th it seems like.

Also there is only one flight out of of Los Cabos to Canada departing on the 5th and that is a Rouge flight that departed SJD at 12:53pm and arrived in Toronto late at 7:25pm. He would then have to continue onward to YUL on a connecting flight which at the earliest would be an Air Canada flight at 9pm arriving in Montreal at 10:20pm or so. He wouldn’t have arrived home much before midnight. Given that Christine was alive on the 4th he would have had to scramble to reschedule his flight for the following day and arrive at SJD airport in the morning. I hope the investigators spoke to airport personnel as well as the flight attendants on that Rouge flight. I’m sure they would have interesting insight into his behaviour and demeanour in a confined space for 5 hours.

This French article names her boyfriend as Pierre Bergeron, 53. They had been dating since the middle of the summer and met at a surf course. (Maybe his surf school?) SHe is also the mother of two young boys. It also states that because it is an international investigation the Police are not releasing details.

Une Lavalloise mystérieusement disparue au Mexique

His company is called “Utah Wake and Surf” and he has good reviews. The FB page features pictures of Christine and her young boys :(.
I was reading about Los Cabos and didn’t realize that the Pacific Ocean there is mostly unswimmable due to the strong undertow. Therefore most resorts really tout their swimming pools and onsite amenities instead of the beach. I “suppose” there is a possibility that whatever happened to Christine was an accident that happened while they were out swimming or surfing and the suicide was the result of his guilt but I’m not really buying that.
Someone upthread mentioned he looks like a beefy, steroid user. I actually think he looks like a stereotypical Quebec Hell’s Angel. Would be interesting to know more about him and any criminal past.

Well some criminal history has begun to emerge...His ex girlfriend speaks about his abuse in this article. He was accused of and convicted of assault and misuse of a weapon against her a few years back but got a suspended sentence in exchange for a monetary donation to a domestic violence organization. . Au Mexique avec un homme jaloux

Whoah...he was a nasty piece of work.

His ex-girlfriend Nancy Morel describes him as 'excessively controlling, manipulative and terrorizing'. She describes a trip to Mexico in 2014 when 'he almost killed me'. She describes him as extremely jealous and crazy. She states that he forbid her from wearing 'open sandals' unless she was in the house or on the boat etc...
She speaks about vacations spent mainly inside the villas he had rented and him having tantrums when she interacted with an acquaintance on the beach and with a couple they played volleyball with.
She says that he threw a suitcase out on the patio and she broke up with him after that trip because he harassed and intimidated her.
Despite this they got back together and she moved in with him in Dec. 2014.
She describes Feb 18, 2015 as 'a night of hell' and says he raped her after she returned late from a 'blood transfusion and nail appointment'.
She states that he had guns in his home in Terrebonne.
He was charged and pled guilty to assault and negligent use of a weapon but received a discharge in exchange for a financial donation to an abused women's organization.
A few months later he applied to have the verdict expunged.
She says that she constantly 'feared the day he would find his weapons'.

Well some criminal history has begun to emerge...His ex girlfriend speaks about his abuse in this article. He was accused of and convicted of assault and misuse of a weapon against her a few years back but got a suspended sentence in exchange for a monetary donation to a domestic violence organization. . Au Mexique avec un homme jaloux
Yikes. Christeen aint coming back.

So where did she go? One can assume that she wasn't killed on the resort as it would be virtually impossible to get her body off the resort without being seen either in person or on security cam. So on the beach late at night? Cabo is renown for its dangerous undertow (the reason I won't go there), so is it possible that he left her in the water and the tide took her out?

I always thought that Cabo was a scuba/snorkelling paradise. I wonder if they did any of that?
I'd expect them to have gone surfing, and they'd probably have needed a rental car to carry their boards to various locations.

Normally, surfing beaches have lifeguards or people keeping a close watch on what's happening out on the water. They could possibly have found a beach with no one there yet, but then why would they have an argument there, assuming this was a fit of jealousy or something. Domestic arguments seem to happen back in the room.

Whoah...he was a nasty piece of work.

His ex-girlfriend Nancy Morel describes him as 'excessively controlling, manipulative and terrorizing'. She describes a trip to Mexico in 2014 when 'he almost killed me'. She describes him as extremely jealous and crazy. She states that he forbid her from wearing 'open sandals' unless she was in the house or on the boat etc...
She speaks about vacations spent mainly inside the villas he had rented and him having tantrums when she interacted with an acquaintance on the beach and with a couple they played volleyball with.
She says that he threw a suitcase out on the patio and she broke up with him after that trip because he harassed and intimidated her.
Despite this they got back together and she moved in with him in Dec. 2014.
She describes Feb 18, 2015 as 'a night of hell' and says he raped her after she returned late from a 'blood transfusion and nail appointment'.
She states that he had guns in his home in Terrebonne.
He was charged and pled guilty to assault and negligent use of a weapon but received a discharge in exchange for a financial donation to an abused women's organization.
A few months later he applied to have the verdict expunged.
She says that she constantly 'feared the day he would find his weapons'.

Wow :eek:

She must feel relief now that he took his own life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back