AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but wouldn't he have identified the killers if he could and collected the reward money? After all, the reward was money was what he was after and if he had really seen the girls with the killers, he would have told LE what he saw instead of going to them 30 days after the murders with a made up story. I can't help but believe he simply saw the girls somehere that night and was able to ID their clothes.

Maybe he did tell LE what he saw and maybe, for some reason, they didn't like what he had to say.

Maybe he did tell LE what he saw and maybe, for some reason, they didn't like what he had to say.
Or, maybe because of him being seen in the outside security video tape intermingling with others; ref. March 12, 2013 jenstar, cropped photo imaged from inside security tape, type vehicle, not believed to be a small pick up truck; which outside video confirms actual truck description; never was any confusion as to identity, may have been what B. not only saw, but knew of.

Or, maybe because of him being seen in the outside security video tape intermingling with others; ref. March 12, 2013 jenstar, cropped photo imaged from inside security tape, type vehicle, not believed to be a small pick up truck; which outside video confirms actual truck description; never was any confusion as to identity, may have been what B. not only saw, but knew of.

@1iJack, could you give us a source for there being “outside security video” at the Big/Little in the Summer of 99’.

It does make sense. However, I don’t think anyone here has ever seen that information from an official source, and we have some sleuthers here who know this case inside out.

@1iJack, could you give us a source for there being “outside security video” at the Big/Little in the Summer of 99’.

It does make sense. However, I don’t think anyone here has ever seen that information from an official source, and we have some sleuthers here who know this case inside out.
Sure, Dime Detective's postings and photos in previous threads; and today's post @ 13:58.

The running census in town is that B had nothing to do with it and was after the money. Could he have driven pass while the girls were at the gas station yes but it is probably more likely that he knew what the girls were wearing from the interrogation. You have to remember nothing like this had happened in ozark before and really hasn't since. Not saying that the PD was purposely trying to get him to give a false confession but they were under intense scrutiny ( I mean these were 2 17yr old girls and the community wanted answers like now, if this happened to these 2 what did it mean for all the young girls in ththe community, people were scared) and I'm sure they were trying any and all ways to get him to confess. And no I'm not defending them, they messed up a lot in this case and mainly because they didn't know what to do, they should have just swallowed their pride and turned it over to ABI or FBI. There were no functioning outside camera's for the B/L in '99 only the one inside. Many gas stations didn't have them outside the store until gas run offs started happening. And you have to remember B didn't go to the gas station to try to see the video, he went to the video warehouse to try and rent it, so if that doesn't tell you about his mental capacity I don't know what will

The running census in town is that B had nothing to do with it and was after the money. Could he have driven pass while the girls were at the gas station yes but it is probably more likely that he knew what the girls were wearing from the interrogation. You have to remember nothing like this had happened in ozark before and really hasn't since. Not saying that the PD was purposely trying to get him to give a false confession but they were under intense scrutiny ( I mean these were 2 17yr old girls and the community wanted answers like now, if this happened to these 2 what did it mean for all the young girls in ththe community, people were scared) and I'm sure they were trying any and all ways to get him to confess. And no I'm not defending them, they messed up a lot in this case and mainly because they didn't know what to do, they should have just swallowed their pride and turned it over to ABI or FBI. There were no functioning outside camera's for the B/L in '99 only the one inside. Many gas stations didn't have them outside the store until gas run offs started happening. And you have to remember B didn't go to the gas station to try to see the video, he went to the video warehouse to try and rent it, so if that doesn't tell you about his mental capacity I don't know what will
According to previous threads posting photos when comparing it is noticeable the rising camera position which was confirmed by Big-Little corporate office, former store location's employees, and re-enforced by others within the utmost highest echelons tied to this case who watched the outside video.

Have you talked to all of those people? Its seems pretty stupid for OPD along with ABI/FBI to ask for help in identifying the white truck at the B/L, when the girls were there, to use the picture that has a sunglasses rack blocking part of the photo if they had an unobstructed view photo

Have you talked to all of those people? Its seems pretty stupid for OPD along with ABI/FBI to ask for help in identifying the white truck at the B/L, when the girls were there, to use the picture that has a sunglasses rack blocking part of the photo if they had an unobstructed view photo
You're right on both points! But, ref. to 10/25/18 SavageMarkIII reg. comments pertaining to "stupid"! Posted on old deleted Thread #3, poster's name not remembered about two different field parties. Haleburg and Skipperville. VS stated that Ozark Police had confirmed this party [in Skipperville] and spoke to people who attended and confirmed that JB and Tracie were there----- The same poster who posted handwritten Haleburg party map also stated that Ozark Police had spoken to people who attended the Skipperville party and confirmed that JB and Tracie were there. Taken at face value to be truthful and factual statements, which would have had to taken place before the America's Most Wanted airing of the girl's being lost and winding up in Ozark at that store before a nationwide audience, and you tend to have reservations about the missing outside security tape.

It has already been said that the girls weren't lost. They asked what was the quickest way to Dothan. JB was in dance, the dance school that she had contact with was on the square (being where the court house is) and they were less than 1/2 mile from that location. Them being at a party in skipperville has been a rumor thus far OPD has never said that this was factual. Do I think its possible, yes... but it isn't factual at this point.

It has already been said that the girls weren't lost. They asked what was the quickest way to Dothan. JB was in dance, the dance school that she had contact with was on the square (being where the court house is) and they were less than 1/2 mile from that location. Them being at a party in skipperville has been a rumor thus far OPD has never said that this was factual. Do I think its possible, yes... but it isn't factual at this point.
I retired from 30 years of successful nationwide commercial skip tracing, and now after 19 years; officials, "but it isn't factual at this point"; I have been reading and viewing photos from members posted in Threads #1 and #2; then why didn't America's Most Wanted air the truths to their national audiences? Posters in Threat #1 have moved far enough in making qualified determinations contributing to this case, Thread #3 no doubt would find such sleuths as assets, engaging in fact finding/seeking results. March 14, 2013 Dime Detective photo vs. March 15, 2013 Wondergirl photo, Thread #1 makes for interesting read, especially the interactions between members unlike here, hard to understand.

What are you trying to say? There is a lot of stuff that has progressed since thread 1. So its apples to oranges at this point.
From thread #1 & 2 things have progressed, things we didn't know or a clarification of those. There are still people here from thread #1
Dime detective is awesome, he or she hasn't updated either, so things have changed

What are you trying to say? There is a lot of stuff that has progressed since thread 1. So its apples to oranges at this point.
From thread #1 & 2 things have progressed, things we didn't know or a clarification of those. There are still people here from thread #1
Dime detective is awesome, he or she hasn't updated either, so things have changed
It's getting late, waiting for your response; would you agree that the inside security camera would be in a more static position; please advise for follow up.

1ijack,

Hey Jack,

Is there anyway to prove that outside security tape exists? You said you investigated the case; have you personally seen the footage? (I've seen the picture of the camera on the outside of the store; that doesn't mean the camera was operational.) I'm sorry, but I can't believe a small town police force, facing probably the biggest case of its existence, would release a grainy, practically unidentifiable photo if they had clear, usable footage of who or what was in the parking lot.

It is just too much to believe without some proof. Jack, do you have any proof that the video from outside the store really exists? (And by the way, when I ask you challenging questions, it is not to impune you in any way- I appreciate anyone and everyone who wants justice for these girls. But it is to gauge the viability of what you are saying.) If you have proof of the the outside video, to me, that would go a long way to establishing that there was some malfeasance at OPD.

You're right on both points! But, ref. to 10/25/18 SavageMarkIII reg. comments pertaining to "stupid"! Posted on old deleted Thread #3, poster's name not remembered about two different field parties. Haleburg and Skipperville. VS stated that Ozark Police had confirmed this party [in Skipperville] and spoke to people who attended and confirmed that JB and Tracie were there----- The same poster who posted handwritten Haleburg party map also stated that Ozark Police had spoken to people who attended the Skipperville party and confirmed that JB and Tracie were there. Taken at face value to be truthful and factual statements, which would have had to taken place before the America's Most Wanted airing of the girl's being lost and winding up in Ozark at that store before a nationwide audience, and you tend to have reservations about the missing outside security tape.

BBM

There are no comments posted by me on 10/25/18, that have the word "stupid" in it. I have no idea what you are referencing.

1) The Haleburg Field Party has been confirmed by multiple sources, including Jacqui Burgoon, who is the family member of a victim. This meets Terms of Service.

2) Veronica Silver, producer/director of the documentary, "Shined Rabbit", on an episode of the podcast, Fear Based Life, readily available to be listened to by anyone on multiple podcast forums, stated that JB and Tracey attended a field party in Skipperville for a short time. The podcast link has also been posted on this thread. This meets Terms of Service.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make, but if you are stating something as fact, not an opinion or theory, you have to back it up with a link or other source per the Terms of Service of Websleuths.

What is this you say about a Dance school next to Big/Little?
I noticed that a long time ago and brought it up here way back when. It is actually very close to Barrentines residence at the time, if I recall correctly.
shark315 Tuesday 01:10 "JB was in dance, the dance school that she had contact with was on the square [being were the courthouse is] and they were less than 1/2 mile from that location." Should you ever locate the source and date for this fact, advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member