CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this isn't his first rodeo created by KB's drama. Like . . . what if she had a history of erratic behavior or taking off. Yes, I know KB's mom described her as a fine, upstanding citizen, but PF had to deal with her on a regular basis with respect to the raising of their child. He might have another perspective.

And no, I'm not "blaming the victim." We don't even know if we have a victim, for one. I'm just saying there may be other explanations for what appears to be his disinterest or lack of concern.
He still should put that aside - the mother of his child is missing, IMO.

Maybe this isn't his first rodeo created by KB's drama. Like . . . what if she had a history of erratic behavior or taking off. Yes, I know KB's mom described her as a fine, upstanding citizen, but PF had to deal with her on a regular basis with respect to the raising of their child. He might have another perspective.

And no, I'm not "blaming the victim." We don't even know if we have a victim, for one. I'm just saying there may be other explanations for what appears to be his disinterest or lack of concern.
I could certainly understand him not reporting her missing if that was the case.

It’s the behavior now that I find unusual.

You’d expect him to be making public pleas for the safe return of the mother of his child.

Not lawyering up and going radio silent.

SBM.

Seems sort of . . . unusual . . . that the WPPD is acting as a sort of press agency for the possible victim's family.

I'm not implying anything, it just seems odd.
Cheryl, Kelsey's mom, just went through a news conference. She was visibly exhausted and very distraught. She may not be physically able to immediately answer more questions .

The law firm PF was seen leaving provides representation in the areas of Criminal and DUI Defense, Probate and Estate Administration, and Personal Injury Law.

Video: KRDO.com | Breaking News, severe weather and sports videos for Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Cañon City, Woodland Park and all of Colorado. - KRDO

Dan Corsentino, former Pueblo County Sheriff and former Fountain Police Chief is interviewed.
MOO

Oh crap.

I was hopeful when someone suggested it could have been a family law attorney,but learning this doesn't sit well with me.

SBM.

Seems sort of . . . unusual . . . that the WPPD is acting as a sort of press agency for the possible victim's family.

I'm not implying anything, it just seems odd.

I think it is the other way around and the victim's family is doing what CBI has asked them to do beyond the press conference: say and do nuthin'. The CBI PI officer made it very clear that KB's family needed privacy.

There was a case fairly recently where there was a press conference featuring the concerned parents and "concerned" boyfriend seated together....and the boyfriend ended up being the perp. That had to require an incredible amount of inner strength to pretend to like the jerk.

You’d expect him to be making public pleas for the safe return of the mother of his child.

Not lawyering up and going radio silent.

You've seen a lot of these cases. Are there very many where the SO gives interviews and makes public pleas where the SO doesn't get convicted in the court of public opinion anyway---because someone doesn't like they way he moves his lips during an interview, or he "looks guilty" or "doesn't look sad enough" or he looks like he is lying?

I think it is sort of a no-win situation. Much like the decision of a criminal defendant whether to testify in his own defense: it is almost NEVER a good idea.

A few official admin comments from the Missing Mother FB Page:

Admin Comments on their December 6 post
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth We are not aware of any dating sites at this time. if she was traveling home to Washington, she could have driven through Idaho. Law enforcement in Idaho is working with the Woodland Park Police Department where she is living.

A person asked: There is a residential treatment center there for drug and alcohol rehab. Is there a possbility she checked in there? (Not saying she has a problem, just a possibility)
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Barbara Porter no chance.

Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Kelsey has no medical issues.

Someone asked if she was depressed, under any medication or new so to take other steps and have an EMA as soon as possible.
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth None of the above.

Also an interesting comment on a December 9 admin post by an anchor from KRDO/News Channel 13.

Oh crap.

I was hopeful when someone suggested it could have been a family law attorney,but learning this doesn't sit well with me.

Why would he need a family law attorney? He is the naturally the very first person to be interviewed by LE--the Significant Other, the person who last saw the missing person. He very much needs a criminal defense attorney to guide his interactions with LE. His life depends on it. Especially if he is innocent.

Edited to correct typo.

You've seen a lot of these cases. Are there very many where the SO gives interviews and makes public pleas where the SO doesn't get convicted in the court of public opinion anyway---because someone doesn't like they way he moves his lips during an interview, or he "looks guilty" or "doesn't look sad enough" or he looks like he is lying?

I think it is sort of a no-win situation. Much like the decision of a criminal defendant whether to testify in his own defense: it is almost NEVER a good idea.

As a lawyer (who doesn't specialize in criminal law so this is just my opinion) I would probably tell him to keep his mouth shut even if I knew he was 100% innocent, so I don't think the fact that he refuses to talk to the media necessarily means he's guilty. He's obviously seen how these cases play out and knows that public opinion will, for the most part, convict him no matter what he says. This doesn't mean he's innocent, either. But he's pretty much in a no-win situation either way.

You’re absolutely right, even if you are completely uninvolved in someone’s disappearance, the public is going to judge you.

We saw this first hand in Mollie’s case, where even though LE had ruled out her boyfriend, people still cast aspersions.

It would certainly be worse here.

That being said, she’s the mother of a young child. Wouldn't you want to do everything in your power to get the word out and bring her home?

None of this feels right.

Why would he need a family law attorney? He is the naturally the very first person to be interviewed by LE--the Significant Other, the person who last say the missing person. He very much needs a criminal defense attorney to guide his interactions with LE. His life depends on it. Especially if he is innocent.

He would need a family law attorney for custody of the child.

Why would he need a family law attorney? He is the naturally the very first person to be interviewed by LE--the Significant Other, the person who last saw the missing person. He very much needs a criminal defense attorney to guide his interactions with LE. His life depends on it. Especially if he is innocent.

Edited to correct typo.
To secure custody of his child?

I started following this case because the discussion picked up around the same time the Watts thread closed. Not insinuating anything, I just needed a new case to follow.

Anyway, with the Watts case, there was such an overload of information where you could track every event of the crime almost to the minute. My head is still spinning from trying to absorb all the details.

Kelsey's case is an abrupt opposite. More questions than details, and no one seems to want to answer them. I feel as if my feet are firmly stuck in cement, even though I want to run as fast as possible.

Praying for KB and continuing to be optimistic. She seems like a loving, determined and independent woman.

edited for clarity

Last edited:
A few official admin comments from the Missing Mother FB Page:

Admin Comments on their December 6 post
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth We are not aware of any dating sites at this time. if she was traveling home to Washington, she could have driven through Idaho. Law enforcement in Idaho is working with the Woodland Park Police Department where she is living.

A person asked: There is a residential treatment center there for drug and alcohol rehab. Is there a possbility she checked in there? (Not saying she has a problem, just a possibility)
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Barbara Porter no chance.

Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Kelsey has no medical issues.

Someone asked if she was depressed, under any medication or new so to take other steps and have an EMA as soon as possible.
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth None of the above.

Also an interesting comment on a December 9 admin post by an anchor from KRDO/News Channel 13.

Do we know who the admin is and whether they would have the personal knowledge to answer these questions?

It is a no-win situation. Perception is reality in the court of public opinion. FBI behavioral experts are watching every twitch, blink, gesture.

I started following this case because the discussion picked up around the same time the Watts thread closed. Not insinuating any allegations, I just needed a new case to follow!

Anyway, with the Watts case, there was such an overload of information in that case where you could track every event of the crime almost to the minute. My head is still spinning from trying to absorb all the details.

Kelsey's case is an abrupt opposite. More questions than details, and no one seems to want to answer them. I feel as if my feet are firmly stuck in cement, even though I want to run as fast as possible.

Praying for KB and continuing to be optimistic. She seems like a loving, determined and independent woman.
Yes, but in the Watts case, there were bodies found quickly and it involved children and a vulnerable mother.

This was posted on the Missing Mother facebook page by the admin about an hour ago: "We are asking yet again, PLEASE STOP THE SPECULATION. Everything that is pertinent to assist in helping us find Kelsey is in the Press Conference video. All other information the family has the right to keep private. We will all be very ashamed of ourselves if we discover that some other reason, other than the conjectures being stated, turn out to be the cause of Kelsey's disappearance."

There must be a reason that law enforcement and the family is being so tight-lipped and deliberate about what they are and aren't releasing. I mean, it's not like they haven't thought of all the questions we are asking and need a bunch of random strangers suggesting the obvious. It is so confusing. I'm sure it will all come out eventually, but it's so perplexing.

We have to remember that there is a small child involved here that is of concern to the family, I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken