Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know where at? The only thing I've ever read was that they went swimming after asking some random people where a local pool was - whether that meant a particular, or 'any one would do', I don't know.
I'm sorry I don't know the specifics, but I believe it's been mentioned earlier in the threads. Maybe some of the more familiar posters can chime in. I do believe it was a water park in Springfield - that they didn't end up going to WhiteWater as originally planned.

I'm sorry I don't know the specifics, but I believe it's been mentioned earlier in the threads. Maybe some of the more familiar posters can chime in. I do believe it was a water park in Springfield - that they didn't end up going to WhiteWater as originally planned.

Thank you.

I’m still stuck on the shards. I’d love to see anything mention where it was disposed of.

I’ll assume that either the glass was shattered when messing with the bulb, or when someone was trying to remove prints.

Maybe I’ll do some digging and see if those individuals were indeed paying for a community dumpster - or the business next door was.

Last edited:
LE suggest that Sherrill was the target. Suzie possibly known by perp with Stacy as collateral damage.

Sherrill's background is the biggest dark hole right now. Would be nice to get insight on her background leading up to the disappearance. She's unaccounted for for 2-3 hours depending on if you believe the APCO tip or not.

Again, no one thinks the Slayer posters and cow skull represented Satanistic things.

Just wondering what Janis saw on the bookshelf, that's all. It may have been a lead of some kind. I would think even in the bible belt that the Christian Barney Fife Deputies are smart enough to discern the difference between cow skulls/metal posters and ritualistic things.

I am sure they were just confused by the mausoleum break-in, skulls in tree thing combined with the cow skull in Mike's sister's/Mike/Joe's apartment. That is a pretty dark and odd thing. It's not something that happened much before or since in Springfield. So the frame of reference was new to the police.

It seems like we've beaten this skull stuff to death. Do you remember when Western decor was in with cattle skulls and southwestern themed blankets and pictures. Even if using a skull to show off your badass style it's harmless. Neither were awesome interior decorating choices but there only crimes were fashion ones lol.

Officers know the difference between southwestern cow skull and metal/goth posters and something satanic. I would hope.

Still need to know why Janis felt the need to say Suzie had something satanic on her book shelf. It’s worth getting to the bottom of.

Last edited:
Officers know the difference between southwestern cow skull and metal/goth posters and something satanic. I would hope.

Still need to know why Janis felt the need to say Suzie had something satanic on her book shelf. It’s worth getting to the bottom of.
If that is even correct a lot of teenagers look into Wicca and alternative religions. It's a way of rebelling and/or getting some control over your life. I went through a phase were I had a book on Wicca. Have you ever gone to a psychic? Sometimes those things can be misinterpreted. Mrs. McCall hasn't been talking about it.

Like I said, I don’t think Janis is that stupid.

She saw something. Just want to clear up what it was. Would be nice to know.

I’m aware of the many possibilities.

Is it true that of the ‘top 3 suspects’, only 1 was even in the area/capable, and he was on the run after playing Houdini?

Where were the other POIs in the following days after the girls went missing? Helping look for them, I hope.

Thank you.

I’m still stuck on the shards. I’d love to see anything mention where it was disposed of.

I’ll assume that either the glass was shattered when messing with the bulb, or when someone was trying to remove prints.

Maybe I’ll do some digging and see if those individuals were indeed paying for a community dumpster - or the business next door was.
It could have been from slamming a door maybe. Some people have speculated that Janelle could have slammed the door in annoyance. It could have been part of a struggle. Someone could have bumped it innocently. It wasn't hit hard enough to break the actual light. It's odd that they went to another trash can to dispose of the glass. I wondered if that was because they my have broken the glass accidently.

Is it true that of the ‘top 3 suspects’, only 1 was even in the area/capable, and he was on the run after playing Houdini?

Where were the other POIs in the following days after the girls went missing? Helping look for them, I hope.
Well we know the answer for Mike C. and Joe. Bartt eventually went to AR. Suzie and Stacy's friends mostly stayed in the area (it was summer) and I think participated in searches. You can see many minors/young ones in the 48 Hours and KY3/KSPR clips.

I am sure the ones responsible also participated in searches. Maybe for misdirection/red herring purposes.

I'm not implying she is stupid. There is some question as to what she was talking about. Things can be blown out of proportion or taken out of context. Or it was being taken in the context of the time. 28 years later it's pretty clear some of the first assumptions led nowhere.

Well we know the answer for Mike C. and Joe. Bartt eventually went to AR. Suzie and Stacy's friends mostly stayed in the area (it was summer) and I think participated in searches. You can see many minors/young ones in the 48 Hours and KY3/KSPR clips.

I am sure the ones responsible also participated in searches. Maybe for misdirection/red herring purposes.
Don't they say killers like to either return to a scene of a crime or get involved in the investigation?

It could have been from slamming a door maybe. Some people have speculated that Janelle could have slammed the door in annoyance. It could have been part of a struggle. Someone could have bumped it innocently. It wasn't hit hard enough to break the actual light. It's odd that they went to another trash can to dispose of the glass. I wondered if that was because they my have broken the glass accidently.

Interesting; and thank you for replying.

I wonder how high that light was located? Imagine accidentally breaking and discarding potential evidence (somewhere) before or after committing the crime of trespassing.

Last edited:
Interesting; and thank you for replying.

I wonder how high that light was located? Imagine accidentally breaking and discarding potential evidence (somewhere) before or after committing the crime of trespassing.
I think it is the light next to the door.

Attachments

• article-1364608-0D8BCCF2000005DC-332_468x286.jpg
    article-1364608-0D8BCCF2000005DC-332_468x286.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 22

It was books. I asked Janis thru a mutual acquaintance if she remembered the name of the book but she didn’t.

Edit: a word

Last edited:
It’s difficult to know the context of those comments. As good as it was to get some new attention and interviews for the case, that Crime Watch Daily feature was really meant to gloss over the quick details of this crime - and a comment like that from Janis of course seems to throw some sort of motive behind it for viewers not familiar with this case in the same way the people that post here are. I’m sure Janis, Nigel and Debbie spoke at length with the reporter(s) but as often the case with media, they focus on what they want to and edit it for entertainment.

Again, I’m aware of TV show edits and sensationalism. I said that in my first few posts on the matter.

I still want to know what books she saw. As any and all details of Suzie’s room can be crucial.

If she had a peculiar book (she was a hairstylist-to-be typical teenager), whether occult related or something else, it may be a lead to the ones that took an interest in Suzie.

Or it may be The Inferno for high school English. Good to know vs. not knowing.

Last edited:
Why do articles on the internet say that it was a police officer who took note of the ‘satanic items’, and noticed they were missing after he later returned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth