CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mom and family

Well, let me ask a question about that. And this is not meant to be disrespectful of the family at all, but early on in this case the reports said that KB didn't have any family in Idaho and had no connections there. But then we learned that her mother actually lived in the state. Are the same people who gave that initial information the ones who are now answering these questions? Because whoever gave out that first information was wrong. I'm not going to accuse them of intentionally misleading us, but it appears they didn't know KB well enough to know her mother lived in the state!

Again, no disrespect to whomever is answering those questions, but I don't know who to believe and I am not convinced that the person giving information actually knows.

Her brother lives in Tacoma, WA, and Gooding is directly on the path to there. And I think someone said she had lived in Spokane.

Google Maps
Do we know who the admin is and whether they would have the personal knowledge to answer these questions?

This is the Missing Mother facebook page that Kelsey's mother requested be shared during her press conference. I believe it's a family friend - Kelsey's mother and brother also post on it, so they appear to be in control/carefully sanctioning what information is shared on it.

There is a comment on the post about 16 hours ago where someone asked why the family was in Colorado if her mother lives in Idaho and the bother is in Washington.

They answered: Kelsey never told us she would be visiting. She never arrived in either place, so we search! We have family at home should she show up.

We have to remember that there is a small child involved here that is of concern to the family, I am sure.
Agreed. I just get the sense that there is some specific privacy things they want to protect. They are very insistent on just sharing Kelsey' picture and if anyone has seen her, and seem to want to leave it at that, even if we can't understand why with the information (or lack of) that we have.

Story: a friend has split up with her longtime boyfriend but doesn't want to deal with that drama during the holiday season. So they agreed to live together and attend the necessary events until the new year. Then they'll go public and tell family and such.

Kelsey telling her mom she was going to dinner with PF and their daughter doesn't mean that those were her real plans.

I'm also trying not to read too much into PF and the media. We've all seen how men have their body language and word choices torn apart when they speak out. He's doing what people always say these men should do, shut up and get a lawyer. He knows that everyone, including LEO, is looking at him

We all know what likely happened but only fair to acknowledge this view too. PF is being smart and that doesn't mean he's guilty.

I see that Gooding is a small ID community but it does have an airport. Do any of the aviation experts on this forum know have far a small plane flying from the WP area can go before needing to refuel?
There are a number of small plane makes/models that can go that distance - flight distance is shorter than the driving distance - so the air distance is around 575-600 air miles (500 to 525 nautical miles). That would be the range the plane would need to be able to do.

Well, let me ask a question about that. And this is not meant to be disrespectful of the family at all, but early on in this case the reports said that KB didn't have any family in Idaho and had no connections there. But then we learned that her mother actually lived in the state. Are the same people who gave that initial information the ones who are now answering these questions? Because whoever gave out that first information was wrong. I'm not going to accuse them of intentionally misleading us, but it appears they didn't know KB well enough to know her mother lived in the state!

Again, no disrespect to whomever is answering those questions, but I don't know who to believe and I am not convinced that the person giving information actually knows.
BBM. Where was it reported that she did not have family in ID?

Story: a friend has split up with her longtime boyfriend but doesn't want to deal with that drama during the holiday season. So they agreed to live together and attend the necessary events until the new year. Then they'll go public and tell family and such.

Kelsey telling her mom she was going to dinner with PF and their daughter doesn't mean that those were her real plans.

I'm also trying not to read too much into PF and the media. We've all seen how men have their body language and word choices torn apart when they speak out. He's doing what people always say these men should do, shut up and get a lawyer. He knows that everyone, including LEO, is looking at him

We all know what likely happened but only fair to acknowledge this view too. PF is being smart and that doesn't mean he's guilty.

BBM. Not only men, but an assumed female victim too. Look at the Watts case for that.

I wonder if she had other employment of which none of us (or her family) is aware.

Also, I am getting the strangest actions on WS since last night. If I click on like, I end up on another page which says, "Do you really want to like this?" If I want to reply, I'm taken to another page and it says, "Do you really want to reply?" Is something wrong with WS? Last night, before all of this started happening, I was trying to reply, and I don't know what happened to the comment. I never did press reply button. I may have messed something up, and I don't know where else to post a story like this.

That is really weird!

Woodland Park police release last known footage of still missing Kelsey Berreth
The Woodland Park Police Department released the last known footage of Kelsey Berreth.

The 13 second clip shows Berreth entering the Woodland Park Safeway story on Nov. 22.

Kelsey was last seen on November 22 at the Safeway in Woodland Park around 12:30 p.m. while she was shopping with her daughter, Kaylee. That same day Kelsey would see her fiancé Patrick when she dropped their daughter off.
Sorry if this has been asked, I’m 15 pages behind, is there not CCTV of her “leaving” the Safeway?

I get the sense, and this is JMO, that it's been a very delicate tap dance regarding sharing information, for reasons that I cannot even begin to speculate. I don't know if it's simply uniformed, or more trying to answer some things delicately, or in a specific way, or very deliberately, in order to protect the case or the victim. They mostly have tried to stay out of anything of substance and just thank for good thoughts, etc., and repeat over and over that law enforcement wants them to keep sharing her picture. It seems the family is working closely with LE and is likely doing what they instruct regarding this public page. IMO - I have no idea.

The local Denver anchorwoman said they have been trying to report on this case for a week, but were unable to get much information from police until the past few days. They must have their reasons for this.

You've seen a lot of these cases. Are there very many where the SO gives interviews and makes public pleas where the SO doesn't get convicted in the court of public opinion anyway---because someone doesn't like they way he moves his lips during an interview, or he "looks guilty" or "doesn't look sad enough" or he looks like he is lying?

I think it is sort of a no-win situation. Much like the decision of a criminal defendant whether to testify in his own defense: it is almost NEVER a good idea.
This would be fresh on his mind after the Chris Watts news conferences were part of his undoing. We don't have enough information to form conclusions and I think LE wants it that way. That may not be a bad idea.

This would be fresh on his mind after the Chris Watts news conferences were part of his undoing. We don't have enough information to form conclusions and I think LE wants it that way. That may not be a bad idea.
Chris Watts gave those interviews by himself. That is a bit different to an LE press conference where they can control the narrative.

I get the sense, and this is JMO, that it's been a very delicate tap dance regarding sharing information, for reasons that I cannot even begin to speculate. I don't know if it's simply uniformed, or more trying to answer some things delicately, or in a specific way, or very deliberately, in order to protect the case or the victim. They mostly have tried to stay out of anything of substance and just thank for good thoughts, etc., and repeat over and over that law enforcement wants them to keep sharing her picture. It seems the family is working closely with LE and is likely doing what they instruct regarding this public page. IMO - I have no idea.

The local Denver anchorwoman said they have been trying to report on this case for a week, but were unable to get much information from police until the past few days. They must have their reasons for this.

I get the sense that there are some very interesting family dynamics involved. But I'm not about to go sleuthing and invading the privacy of any innocent family members to find out. (Edited to add: most families these days have very interesting dynamics to one extent or another, so I am not implying that KB's family is unusual in any way.)

I really don't follow very many 'real crime' cases other than ones that strike my fancy for some reason---most of which are in geographic areas near me.

This case reminds me in an unpleasant way of the Maggie Long case. In that case the victim's family and law enforcement have been very tight-lipped, and they have never named a POI. The case remains unsolved, a tragedy.

I get the impression that LE really did believe the case to be a voluntarily missing person (and maybe it still is). Perhaps that was because of the text messages sent on 11/25. There is nothing that seems suspicious on its face, other than the fact that this woman has disappeared into thin air, and the pinged cellphone in Oregon makes it a true mystery. If it weren't for that one small detail, I think that search crews would be combing through the Woodland Park area.

There are a number of small plane makes/models that can go that distance - flight distance is shorter than the driving distance - so the air distance is around 575-600 air miles (500 to 525 nautical miles). That would be the range the plane would need to be able to do.
Thanks! It seems to be a calculated location to fly there, plant the phone to give the impression KB was on her way to visit loved ones in order to provide a delay so LE won't immediately launch an investigation. Only someone who was close to KB would know where her loved ones resided. JMO

I get the sense that there are some very interesting family dynamics involved. But I'm not about to go sleuthing and invading the privacy of any innocent family members to find out.

I really don't follow very many 'real crime' cases other than ones that strike my fancy for some reason---most of which are in geographic areas near me.

This case reminds me in an unpleasant way of the Maggie Long case. In that case the victim's family and law enforcement have been very tight-lipped, and they have never named a POI. The case remains unsolved, a tragedy.

I get the impression that LE really did believe the case to be a voluntarily missing person (and maybe it still is). Perhaps that was because of the text messages sent on 11/25. There is nothing that seems suspicious on its face, other than the fact that this woman has disappeared into thin air, and the pinged cellphone in Oregon makes it a true mystery. If it weren't for that one small detail, I think that search crews would be combing through the Woodland Park area.
BBM. Well there you go, I get the opposite impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88