MD MD - Baltimore, UncFem 20-60 (poss 40-60), UP17707, homeless, poss spoke Eng/Span, clothes, Dec'17

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

ME/C Case Number: 17-13977
Baltimore City, Maryland
20 to 60 year old Female

Weight (pounds) 90, Estimated
Height (inches) 63, Estimated

Clothing: Green pants, white socks, orange shirt, grey shirt

Body Condition: Not recognizable - Mummified

Circumstances: Found in homeless camp at incident location

O'Donnell Off Ramp Exit 57
Baltimore City, Maryland 21224

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17707

NamUs circumstances:

BALTIMORE, MD - The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) Police are asking for the public's help to identify a deceased homeless woman found last month near the I-95 Exit 57 ramp at O'Donnell Street in Baltimore so that family notification may be made. MDTA officers responded to a welfare check on Dec. 7, 2017, and located the woman's body in a makeshift tent. At the time, the woman reportedly had not been seen for at least two weeks. No foul play is suspected. MDTA officers believe the unidentified women had been living in the area since Aug. 2017. She is described as between 40- and 60-years-old, 5'3" in height and weighing 90 pounds. She reportedly spoke both English and Spanish.

0 exclusions.

I wonder which circumstances in Baltimore City caused her body to mummify instead of decomposing. And that raises another question. Is it possible to mummify that quickly? She was reportedly seen two weeks before she was found.

I made this submission a while back. Never heard back although they took down the Missing Person namus within 24 hours. Is it normal for them to leave the Unidentified Persons page up, possibly so as to hide who the connection was?

Srividhya Venkatesan
Missing from Boston, Massachusetts. July 12, 2017.
Unidentified found Baltimore City, Maryland. December 7, 2017.
Missing:
Missing Person Case
Unidentified:
Unidentified Person Case

Attachments

• Srividhya Venkatesan.jpg
    Srividhya Venkatesan.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 14
I made this submission a while back. Never heard back although they took down the Missing Person namus within 24 hours. Is it normal for them to leave the Unidentified Persons page up, possibly so as to hide who the connection was?

Srividhya Venkatesan
Missing from Boston, Massachusetts. July 12, 2017.
Unidentified found Baltimore City, Maryland. December 7, 2017.
Missing:
Missing Person Case
Unidentified:
Unidentified Person Case

Good find. Maybe Shrividhya is no longer missing or was found deceased and it was a coincidence that they took the file down when you submitted her. I couldn't find anything about the fact that she was found.

Race of the UID is unsure so a Hindu woman would be possible (my idea because of the name), although she was known to speak Spanish and English. My first thought was that she is from Mexico or another Spanish speaking country.

Edit: forgot to answer your question. IMO it would be very strange that if this was a match Jane Doe would still be listed on the Namus website, but mistakes can be made.

Wow she looks strikingly similar to the sketch! Though she is a fair bit shorter than the estimated height and I'm not too sure about the tattoos either....

I was wondering about that myself. I'm not sure what the skin does exactly when mummified...could the tattoo have faded that much? In her Namus file they say that the body was unrecognizable. Carie had also a scar on her abdomen. Same question as above.

Last edited:
I wish we could still see in Namus if there is DNA for UID and MP. At The Lost and The Found site you can still see this for some cases but I have the feeling it's no longer up to date.

Thumbnail

MP35585
Lucy Yvonne Kuhn
Female, Other
Last Contact: August 1, 2016
Missing From: Germantown, Maryland
Missing Age: 68 Years

Height: 5' 6" - 5' 10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Race: Other

Circumstances of Disappearance
was evicted from apartment and is thought to be homeless

**She's older than the projected age and weighs more...However, it's possible she lost weight after losing her home... Baltimore is 1 hr away...

Thumbnail

MP35585
Lucy Yvonne Kuhn
Female, Other
Last Contact: August 1, 2016
Missing From: Germantown, Maryland
Missing Age: 68 Years

Height: 5' 6" - 5' 10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Race: Other

Circumstances of Disappearance
was evicted from apartment and is thought to be homeless

**She's older than the projected age and weighs more...However, it's possible she lost weight after losing her home... Baltimore is 1 hr away...

Thanks RookyI. I think they would have mentioned that she had a gap between her teeth.....

Here is what I called in today, they seemed interested.. care to hear your thoughts
upload_2019-10-23_12-3-38.png
Alice Bell Dorton
  • Missing Since 06/01/2017
  • Missing From Lehigh Acres, Florida
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/24/1965 (53)
  • Age 51 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Dorton has a tattoo of a butterfly on her shoulder, a tattoo on her leg, and a scar on her head.
  • Dorton was transient at the time of her disappearance and may be living in a homeless community.
Alice Bell Dorton – The Charley Project
UID
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-60
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight: 90 lbs, Estimated
Found in homeless camp at incident location
Not recognizable - Mummified (Could explain loss of tattoos)

BALTIMORE, MD - The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) Police are asking for the public's help to identify a deceased homeless woman found last month near the I-95 Exit 57 ramp at O'Donnell Street in Baltimore so that family notification may be made. MDTA officers responded to a welfare check on Dec. 7, 2017, and located the woman's body in a makeshift tent. At the time, the woman reportedly had not been seen for at least two weeks. No foul play is suspected. MDTA officers believe the unidentified women had been living in the area since Aug. 2017. She is described as between 40- and 60-years-old, 5'3" in height and weighing 90 pounds.

*By luck, another Sleuther was asking me on twitter how I go about matching up the Unidentified and was pulling an example, and remembered that Lee county reposted this missing person. I quickly rushed back here because I knew ive seen this face before. Crossing my fingers on this one..

Janelle M. Johnson? She has large scars in her face and tattoos.....Jane Doe was mummified, I'm still not sure what that does with the skin and tattoos.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Janelle Johnson last contacted family by phone on 04/03/2017. She was last seen being dropped off at a group home on this date. Janelle may be homeless.

Thumbnail
Original

Bumping case up. It is sad that someone's life would end in a tent this way.
I think there are some good suggestions here. I hope she will be identified this year. Who are her listed exclusions, please?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back