CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why doesn't he come out and say that? Why doesn't he at least, tell her family that?

Respectfully, we don't know what he has and hasn't told her family. They may get along in an ordinary fashion, for all we know, but they are keeping a respectful distance because nobody knows for sure what, exactly, has happened.

They might get along, or they might be distant but respectful, or they might hate each others guts. But I can't tell that from what little information we've been given.

Same thing with KB's relationship with her own family---they might be real close or they might be estranged. I'd guess estranged, but that's MOO.

In listening to the press conference the other day is was very difficult to hear what the questions were. I just watched a tv segment on the Missing Mother-Kelsey Berreth FB page that is only 5 hours old in which they are discussing the timeline and there is a very, very, very interesting comment at the 4:26 mark talking about someone that lives in Idaho. (Sorry, but I don't know if would be breaking the sleuthng rules here). Go to If the link does not work, go to the above facebook page and scroll down until you get to the court tv video. If there are any responses to this, do not sleuth the people involved at the 4:26 mark. If it is o.k. to simply repeat what is in the video, then go ahead. Also, there is no mention in this timeline of any planned meal between the two, and that would be an important topic.

There may not be a voice in the video here, but go to the fb page and you should get the audio (Missing Mother-Kelsey Berreth) You should get the audio if you hit the horn to the right of the time.
I listened to the clip, but that's not what I heard from the press conference. Kelsey's mother lives in Idaho and stated that - about 8:28.

Respectfully, we don't know what he has and hasn't told her family. They may get along in an ordinary fashion, for all we know, but they are keeping a respectful distance because nobody knows for sure what, exactly, has happened.

They might get along, or they might be distant but respectful, or they might hate each others guts. But I can't tell that from what little information we've been given.

Same thing with KB's relationship with her own family---they might be real close or they might be estranged. I'd guess estranged, but that's MOO.
Her mother spoke to her on Thanksgiving morning, so I doubt that they are estranged. If they were estranged why would her mother ring LE when she had not heard from her?

Law enforcement needs to concentrate on people who knew Kelsey through her job at Doss Aviation, particularly her students. As I stated in an earlier post her abductor texting her employer tells you he had knowledge of her job and that she would be missed.

I was curious about her job and looked up flight instructor jobs at Doss aviation on Indeed Job search. Here is how Doss describes the job.

"The Certified Flight Instructor provides training, evaluates performance and serves as a mentor/professional developer to new military aviators."

What has my suspicions way up is the use of the word "mentor". That implies her employer was encouraging a level of closeness that exceeds just a teacher/student type relationship. (I'm not implying anything improper) I would do a back ground check on all her students and pay particular attention to those who have resided near Gooding, Idaho.

I listened to the clip, but that's not what I heard from the press conference. Kelsey's mother lives in Idaho and stated that - about 8:28.

You're right! The question is, "Does Patrick or Kelsey have any connection to Idaho?" And the answer is Yes, but it is a Yes to the Kelsey part, not the Patrick part.

Good catch! And I'm disappointed that CTV is spreading false news. Ugh. C'mon, man!

This is my first time posting, but have been following along for awhile. There are some interesting comments on the video of PF on KRDO’s Facebook page regarding the type of person he is and other speculation as well.

This story is so tragic, and with so few details it is leaving eo much to speculation... Still catching up, but wanted to add that flight school is not cheap. With all the posts about her financial situation, I would guess she is well-off (or, former military?) My husband is using his VA to pursue that field, and it requires many (expensive) hours of training. For a career, the pay depends a lot on skill/hours-accumulated, too.

Law enforcement needs to concentrate on people who knew Kelsey through her job at Doss Aviation, particularly her students. As I stated in an earlier post her abductor texting her employer tells you he had knowledge of her job and that she would be missed.

I was curious about her job and looked up flight instructor jobs at Doss aviation on Indeed Job search. Here is how Doss describes the job.

"The Certified Flight Instructor provides training, evaluates performance and serves as a mentor/professional developer to new military aviators."

What has my suspicions way up is the use of the word "mentor". That implies her employer was encouraging a level of closeness that exceeds just a teacher/student type relationship. (I'm not implying anything improper) I would do a back ground check on all her students and pay particular attention to those who have resided near Gooding, Idaho.
Welcome to Websleuths!

A few official admin comments from the Missing Mother FB Page:

Admin Comments on their December 6 post
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth We are not aware of any dating sites at this time. if she was traveling home to Washington, she could have driven through Idaho. Law enforcement in Idaho is working with the Woodland Park Police Department where she is living.

A person asked: There is a residential treatment center there for drug and alcohol rehab. Is there a possibility she checked in there? (Not saying she has a problem, just a possibility)
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Barbara Porter no chance.

Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth Kelsey has no medical issues.

Someone asked if she was depressed, under any medication or new so to take other steps and have an EMA as soon as possible.
Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth None of the above.

Also an interesting comment on a December 9 admin post by an anchor from KRDO/News Channel 13.

Going back to this for a second....

We have some people here who have said they are pilots or have been flight instructors. I would ask them, is it true that some pilots avoid medical diagnoses that might cause them to get grounded?

For instance, I found a list of medical conditions that are considered disqualifying by the FAA:
  • Angina pectoris
  • Bipolar disease
  • Cardiac valve replacement
  • Coronary heart disease that has been treated or, if untreated, that has been symptomatic or clinically significant
Etc. Etc. (See list)

Source: Pilot Medical Certification Questions and Answers

And then there's medications that can be disqualifying, which include:

"Pharmaceutical Considerations: The use of a psychotropic drug is disqualifying for aeromedical certification purposes - this includes all antidepressant drugs including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). However, the FAA has determined that airmen requesting first, second, or third class medical certificates while being treated with one of four specific SSRIs may be considered...

Source: Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners

And: "Note: The use of a psychotropic drug is disqualifying for aeromedical certification purposes. This includes all sedatives, tranquilizers, antipsychotic drugs, antidepressant drugs (including SSRI's - see exceptions), analeptics, anxiolytics, and hallucinogens."

My point is only to say that since KB is a pilot, then 1) she may have an incentive to avoid any kind of several diagnoses that would bar her from being a pilot (hey, if I'm depressed, or if I have, say, bipolar disorder, then I'm certainly not going to seek that treatment that Average Joe Non-Pilot has at his disposal.); and 2) the family has the same incentive not to disclose any of a number of conditions that she may have or that may not be diagnosed because they don't want to jeopardize her career.

See this source: Can Psychological Screening Prevent Pilot Suicide?

"Pilots do not self-report medical or psychological problems because, under the current system, a pilot who seeks help for psychological problems is at risk of being grounded and fired. Knowing that, pilots obtain help discretely - perhaps without revealing their occupation - or go without psychological help."

So I'd take those answers with a grain of salt.

Sorry if this has been asked, I’m 15 pages behind, is there not CCTV of her “leaving” the Safeway?

I would imagine LE has other angles of video that track her movement throughout the store, but the video that was released shows her (with baby) entering the store.

Video link for reference: Woodland Park Police Department
Video of Kelsey Berreth on November 22nd, 2018 at the Woodland Park, Colorado Safeway grocery store.

Going back to this for a second....

We have some people here who have said they are pilots or have been flight instructors. I would ask them, is it true that some pilots avoid medical diagnoses that might cause them to get grounded?

For instance, I found a list of medical conditions that are considered disqualifying by the FAA:
  • Angina pectoris
  • Bipolar disease
  • Cardiac valve replacement
  • Coronary heart disease that has been treated or, if untreated, that has been symptomatic or clinically significant
Etc. Etc. (See list)

Source: Pilot Medical Certification Questions and Answers

And then there's medications that can be disqualifying, which include:

"Pharmaceutical Considerations: The use of a psychotropic drug is disqualifying for aeromedical certification purposes - this includes all antidepressant drugs including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). However, the FAA has determined that airmen requesting first, second, or third class medical certificates while being treated with one of four specific SSRIs may be considered...

And: "Note: The use of a psychotropic drug is disqualifying for aeromedical certification purposes. This includes all sedatives, tranquilizers, antipsychotic drugs, antidepressant drugs (including SSRI's - see exceptions), analeptics, anxiolytics, and hallucinogens."

My point is only to say that since KB is a pilot, then 1) she may have an incentive to avoid any kind of several diagnoses that would bar her from being a pilot (hey, if I'm depressed, or if I have, say, bipolar disorder, then I'm certainly not going to seek that treatment that Average Joe Non-Pilot has at his disposal.); and 2) the family has the same incentive not to disclose any of a number of conditions that she may have or that may not be diagnosed because they don't want to jeopardize her career.

See this source: Can Psychological Screening Prevent Pilot Suicide?

"Pilots do not self-report medical or psychological problems because, under the current system, a pilot who seeks help for psychological problems is at risk of being grounded and fired. Knowing that, pilots obtain help discretely - perhaps without revealing their occupation - or go without psychological help."

So I'd take those answers with a grain of salt.
Are you suggesting that she has one of those conditions? I would think that a man of 32 who is a father and still lives with his mother is far more likely to have mental health issues than an independent woman who has bought her own house.

Last edited:
This is my first time posting, but have been following along for awhile. There are some interesting comments on the video of PF on KRDO’s Facebook page regarding the type of person he is and other speculation as well.
Thank you, that was an interesting read.

KXLY 4 News‏Verified account @kxly4news
"We just want you home. We won't quit looking." Sandpoint mother says daughter's disappearance is "completely out of character." https://www.kxly.com/news/sandpoint-mother-says-daughter-s-disappearance-is-completely-out-of-character-/924091128 … #kxly #KelseyBerreth

DuJjkJPWwAEwmBa.jpg

8:30 AM - 11 Dec 2018

So, I have been lurking on this site for years and years and have never posted anything, so go easy on me please. I was just thinking, what if she needed help for drug or alcohol problems, placed her child in a safe place and went to go get help? This theory would answer a few questions in my mind.

The Walker Center
Residential Treatment
605 11th Ave East
Gooding, ID 83330

So, I have been lurking on this site for years and years and have never posted anything, so go easy on me please. I was just thinking, what if she needed help for drug or alcohol problems, placed her child in a safe place and went to go get help? This theory would answer a few questions in my mind.

The Walker Center
Residential Treatment
605 11th Ave East
Gooding, ID 83330
There is nothing to suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors