OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEDIA & TIMELINE THREAD has a lot of answers from published articles:Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

-Manley's youngest daughter, Bobby Jo, has said she has submitted two tests and was told she passed both of them
-BCI agents also told the elder Manley on Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacrem (cell phone manipulation?) Please, Please read this article & take notes as some of it confused me...
http://www.wkyc.com/news/crime/warr...-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother/440076082

Last edited:
I think that Jake took the shooters with him at 10:00 pm when he picked his daughter up, that was when Big Chris was killed, the shooters stayed in that home, that's why Big Chris was covered up with a blanket, the killers stayed there and killed Gary next when he came in the home they held him down and put the gun to his head, after that the killers went to Frankie home after his ex girlfriend left, given them time to fall a sleep, I think that someone was watching Dana and called the shooters and alerted them as to when she had left work, that's is when the shooters knew of what time to kill Dana,Chris jr & Hanna May, the person that was watching Dana was the one that killed Kenny, afterward they waited on a call from the shooters at Dana house to come and pick them up, Jake stayed and took care of his daughter.

No, I don't think that anyone except the Ws knew about the murders beforehand. They knew that JW had asked HR to sign away her parental rights.
JW wanted HR dead because he wanted custody of SW and because HR had left him and had another man's child.
He had several motives.
B-I-N-G-O Jennifer17, bbm She didn't want to marry him and carry his last name. She was the ONLY PERSON who could actually tell officials how young she actually was when their relationship began. "Back off or I'll tell" scenario. I think that was her "Ace-in-the-hole" so to speak. She replaced him quickly...too quickly, in his mind. And, he was being "bested by his brother" who successfully bullied the mother of his child to give up custody. Hmmm....talk about total emasculation...yah, but he deserved it. Buy that man a hamburger and a hair barrette.

I believe that DR's new home was an already existing trailer that had been sitting on that property for years. In fact it had been built onto. CR1 bought the home from a relative who had lived there for years. We just call it "new" because it was a new residence for her, not because the trailer house its self was new. So I am not sure what you mean about it being delivered and set up?
I know this might not fit in here but someone mentioned that the R family had to have something on the W. family. I think I figured it out. The Ws couldn't rat on the Rs grow op because if they did then the Rs would have JW prosecuted for having relations with an underage girl. HMR was only 14 or 15 I believe when she got pregnant.

I've looked... can't find what I read. I remember a lot of discussion on this time discrepancy though on really old theads. Probably, since Bobbi Jo had a working phone, she called James... after all, he ended up going to Dana's house to investigate the well being of people in the house. I think Bobby had to correct her time frame by saying she had notified her brother before she called 911... and that looked suspicious at the time. Anyone is free to correct this... my memory is only so good. But, suspicion was cast onto Bobbi very shortly due to the times not matching up with her story of discovery, calling 911 and her brother, James arriving at Dana's home already suspecting he might find something terrible just like down the road where Bobbi was waiting for LE. I think it was found out that she had also gone to Frankie's house before calling 911. When the natural assumption of LE was, from what she said on her 911 call, that she had only been to Chris's place at that point. She had "extra" time that had to be accounted for iow... and it was accounted for but only after further questioning by LE who, by that time, might have continued to suspect her anyway.

The part about going to LM's was in a video interview. When they interviewed him a day or so after and he talked about DR giving the shirt off her back. I have a transcript but my link to the full interview vid is broken. This part of the transcript, below, is even in the Media & Timeline (1st page, Post 3). He says;

Leonard: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

FWIW, there is a city in Ohio named Defiance. The Ohio high school I attended played Defiance High School in football, both school had the same team name, “Bulldogs” so I remember it well.

School jackets had the name, “DEFIANCE” emblazoned on the back. Anyone traveling through the area and not familiar with the school name might wonder what so many young people were defiant about.

There is also a Defiance County in Ohio.

Ohio History was a required course in high school, and we studied Fort Defiance as it was an important piece in the settlement of Ohio. Battle of Fallen Timbers, etc.

As a result there were many businesses, some parks, etc. that contained “Defiance” in the name. Defiance Diner, Defiance Foundry, Defiance Boys and Girls Club, Defiance Church of Christ, etc.

Not saying anything in this case that is the meaning behind Defiance Farm, but it is not uncommon to see Defiance in Ohio.

I did ask AW if the farm had any connection to Defiance, OH and she said, "No", and, that the farm name came from "defying the use of chemicals in their, and their animal's, foods", loosely quoting. Could be true, could not be true.

I did ask AW if the farm had any connection to Defiance, OH and she said, "No", and, that the farm name came from "defying the use of chemicals in their, and their animal's, foods", loosely quoting. Could be true, could not be true.
Still a strange name. Defiance usually mean to defy rules. As far as I know chemicals are not compulsory in animals foods.

I don't know how long AW stayed in the USAF. She was about 20 when she had GW4.

Does someone know more precisely what was AW's age when she gave birth?

She was almost 21 when she had G4 in 10/1991. I have her living on Loys Run as early as 1992, and I'd not be surprised if they lived on FR's place right after marriage. She served her military time in Homestead, FL from what I've been able to gather.

Angela Wagner served in the US Air Force. She had to pass the weapons qualification course.

IMOO, there's a good reason why police officers routinely practice shooting and are required to pass marksmanship tests on a regular basis. Because AW passed a weapons qualification course at a particular time many years ago, (imsmc) doesn't mean necessarily that she is an accurate shot now. I'm not suggesting she's innocent. I'm saying, let's not give credit where it's not due. Shooting people in their homes in the middle of the night is akin to shooting fish in a barrel, for lack of a better phrase. She may or may not be an accurate shot. What she is alleged to be for certain is a cold-blooded killer who participated in the execution of 8 innocents...in a manner that required very little marksmanship.

FWIW, there is a city in Ohio named Defiance. The Ohio high school I attended played Defiance High School in football, both school had the same team name, “Bulldogs” so I remember it well.

School jackets had the name, “DEFIANCE” emblazoned on the back. Anyone traveling through the area and not familiar with the school name might wonder what so many young people were defiant about.

There is also a Defiance County in Ohio.

Ohio History was a required course in high school, and we studied Fort Defiance as it was an important piece in the settlement of Ohio. Battle of Fallen Timbers, etc.

As a result there were many businesses, some parks, etc. that contained “Defiance” in the name. Defiance Diner, Defiance Foundry, Defiance Boys and Girls Club, Defiance Church of Christ, etc.

Not saying anything in this case that is the meaning behind Defiance Farm, but it is not uncommon to see Defiance in Ohio.

Yes, Defiance is in northwest Ohio. There is a college/university (?) there also of the same name.

Hello - I like this theory

Couple of questions - do you think AM and JM knew about the murders beforehand? Or you believe they thought it could be the W’s after the fact?

Also, what is your theory on why JW wanted HR dead?

BBM

do you think AM and JM knew about the murders beforehand?
At one time I thought that AM might have been a part of it insomuch as she might have supplied information to AW.

Or you believe they thought it could be the W’s after the fact?
I think they were absolutely certain it was the W's or at least JW.

Also, what is your theory on why JW wanted HR dead?

She left him. She was having another man's baby. And even worse she was involved with another man and talking about marriage. He knew there was no way she was coming back to him. So just like thousands of other psycho ex-husband/boyfriends he decided if he couldn't have her no one could. It literally happens every day in this country seems like. The most dangerous time for a woman is the year after she leaves. He killed HR eight months after she left him.

JMO

IIRC, number 1 on the list occurred; however, it was a surviving family member who was chased while driving his truck approximately one month after the murders. Can someone help clarify? TIA
I don’t know exactly when but I know it was after murders. Jmo I think it was more paranoia than actual killers chasing him, but I would have been paranoid too. Jmo

IIRC, number 1 on the list occurred; however, it was a surviving family member who was chased while driving his truck approximately one month after the murders. Can someone help clarify? TIA

Go back a couple of pages in this thread and you'll find a link to an article with recording of the 911 call. It was a couple days after the murders, IIRC. Apparently, nothing came of it. May have been another driver with road rage or something.

MEDIA & TIMELINE THREAD has a lot of answers from published articles:Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

-Manley's youngest daughter, Bobby Jo, has said she has submitted two tests and was told she passed both of them
-BCI agents also told the elder Manley on Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacrem (cell phone manipulation?) Please, Please read this article & take notes as some of it confused me...
http://www.wkyc.com/news/crime/warr...-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother/440076082

Thanks, IQuestion! We encourage any others following the Rhoden/Gilley murders to add links to articles, video, etc. Also feel free to help update the Timeline! Thanks!

Last edited:
I think the M's knew from day one who killed them and why. I think that why BJM called LM which she said she did, he and all the family knew what they would find at DR's.

I remember all of us theorizing as to why AM would say that JM "didn't want to see his niece like that". We wondered why he wouldn't have said he didn't want to see his sister like that. Now we know. He knew JW killed them and knew for certain that target one was HR.

My theory on why the W's killed them all is that JW was determined to kill HR. He knew if he killed her and got away with it that CR1, FR and KR would know he did it and come after him. Even if he never spent a day in jail he knew the R's and the type of people they were and he knew they would come after him. So there you have your primary targets at each home. CR1 at his home, FR at his home, KR at his home and HR at DR's. HHG and DR were just an added bonus while GR and CR2 were just there.

JMO

Yes, good theory. Even if HHG, DR, GR and CR2 couldn't threaten the lives of the W's, if they lived as eyewitnesses, they could still cause problems. And who would have blamed them if they had lived and pursued justice on behalf of their murdered family members?

JMO, the W's are incredibly stupid, selfish people. Their plan to murder all these innocent people has no rational justification, none at all. None of those 8 dead family members posed a threat to the W family. They could have just walked away with a joint custody agreement for S and gone on with their lives, leaving HMR and the rest of the family alone to live theirs. That could have been the end to all the disagreement between the families, but no, they wanted nothing of that. Stupid, greedy, evil people committed this crime, not criminal geniuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member