CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but for a town that supposedly has "nothing in it but a gas station" to have a drug/alcohol treatment facility... I would think it is worth a second look.

I think if this were the case the place would give a simple statement to LE and the public that she is in their facility (the end). When LE is actively searching for someone and they are found then there usually is an announcement even if brief and no other details need to be released. Like LE would even say something like
"we located her and she is safe" (the end).

So I really doubt she is in a place like that or any other hospital or anything without some sort of announcement being made that she was found somewhere.

I wonder if she had other employment of which none of us (or her family) is aware.

Also, I am getting the strangest actions on WS since last night. If I click on like, I end up on another page which says, "Do you really want to like this?" If I want to reply, I'm taken to another page and it says, "Do you really want to reply?" Is something wrong with WS? Last night, before all of this started happening, I was trying to reply, and I don't know what happened to the comment. I never did press reply button. I may have messed something up, and I don't know where else to post a story like this.

Regarding the strangest actions on WS recently, I figured out (finally) it was my web browser. I have since corrected that. WS was not to blame. Thanks to all.

Going back to this for a second....

We have some people here who have said they are pilots or have been flight instructors. I would ask them, is it true that some pilots avoid medical diagnoses that might cause them to get grounded?

For instance, I found a list of medical conditions that are considered disqualifying by the FAA:
  • Angina pectoris
  • Bipolar disease
  • Cardiac valve replacement
  • Coronary heart disease that has been treated or, if untreated, that has been symptomatic or clinically significant
Etc. Etc. (See list)

Source: Pilot Medical Certification Questions and Answers

And then there's medications that can be disqualifying, which include:

"Pharmaceutical Considerations: The use of a psychotropic drug is disqualifying for aeromedical certification purposes - this includes all antidepressant drugs including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). However, the FAA has determined that airmen requesting first, second, or third class medical certificates while being treated with one of four specific SSRIs may be considered...

Source: Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners

And: "Note: The use of a psychotropic drug is disqualifying for aeromedical certification purposes. This includes all sedatives, tranquilizers, antipsychotic drugs, antidepressant drugs (including SSRI's - see exceptions), analeptics, anxiolytics, and hallucinogens."

Source: Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners

My point is only to say that since KB is a pilot, then 1) she may have an incentive to avoid any kind of several diagnoses that would bar her from being a pilot (hey, if I'm depressed, or if I have, say, bipolar disorder, then I'm certainly not going to seek that treatment that Average Joe Non-Pilot has at his disposal.); and 2) the family has the same incentive not to disclose any of a number of conditions that she may have or that may not be diagnosed because they don't want to jeopardize her career.

See this source: Can Psychological Screening Prevent Pilot Suicide?

"Pilots do not self-report medical or psychological problems because, under the current system, a pilot who seeks help for psychological problems is at risk of being grounded and fired. Knowing that, pilots obtain help discretely - perhaps without revealing their occupation - or go without psychological help."

So I'd take those answers with a grain of salt.
I can see why a family would be reluctant to risk a pilot's job by sharing details like that. But I'm thinking in this case, now that Kelsey's been missing for so long and the CBI is involved, that at a certain point, any pretense of "oh she's fine, just perhaps taking some time to herself" in order to protect her job status doesn't quite fit.

I do think whatever is being posted on that page is likely strategic and deliberate more than anything else, so yes, take some things with a grain of salt. There's such a missing piece of the puzzle that we apparently aren't meant to have.

I can see why a family would be reluctant to risk a pilot's job by sharing details like that. But I'm thinking in this case, now that Kelsey's been missing for so long and the CBI is involved, that at a certain point, any pretense of "oh she's fine, just perhaps taking some time to herself" in order to protect her job status doesn't quite fit.

I do think whatever is being posted on that page is likely strategic and deliberate more than anything else, so yes, take some things with a grain of salt. There's such a missing piece of the puzzle that we apparently aren't meant to have.
Yes, it's true. If you read through the fatal accident reports on www.ntsb.gov there are several light aircraft fatal crashes each year where the pilot was on psych meds not reported to the feds. But I don't believe it in this case, just my opinion.

Here is the Today show report ... I expect NBC will write up a story on an NBC site later

Surveillance video shows last sighting of Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth
Wow. Something is really wrong here beginning with PF didn't report Kelsey missing. Now he won't let Kelsey's mother see the baby? Why? :(

Per Kelsey's father, KB and PF planned to marry and PF took care of the baby during the day while KB worked. KB would either sleep over at PF's house or take the baby to her home.

As of Tuesday afternoon, KB's mother had not been able to see her granddaughter, who is in PF's care.

In a few minutes Kelsey’s dad will be on the Today show talking about what he knows. Anxious to hear. Imo

I watched the Today show 2-minute report online, and while they did quote Kelsey's father and gave a little more information, (the baby's father watches the baby during the day while KB works), there wasn't an interview with Kelsey's father, and they just showed more clips of Kelsey's mother at the press conference.

Did any of the news shows have video or audio of the interviews with Kelsey's parents?

Wow. Something is really wrong here beginning with PF didn't report Kelsey missing. Now he won't let Kelsey's mother see the baby? Why? :(

Per Kelsey's father, KB and PF planned to marry and PF took care of the baby during the day while KB worked. KB would either sleep over at PF's house or take the baby to her home.

As of Tuesday afternoon, KB's mother had not been able to see her granddaughter, who is in PF's care.

I'm unclear if Kelsey's mom can't see the baby now, but has seen her in the past OR if Kelsey's mom can't see the baby now and has never seen her, ever?

Anyone have that info?

jmo

Kelsey's Pinterest:. https://pin.it/aw6d2csoup43jf
Most recent activity one month ago on holidays and hair/makeup boards. My mind wandered to who does her hair? Many a secret have been shared in salon chairs....

4 weeks ago, this poor girl was pinning recipes for honemade cinnamon buns as Christmas presents What happened between then and now?!!

Last edited:
I'm unclear if Kelsey's mom can't see the baby now, but has seen her in the past OR if Kelsey's mom can't see the baby now and has never seen her, ever?

Anyone have that info?

jmo
I haven't seen anything to indicate there were problems before Kelsey went missing so, at this point, I'd guess this is related to her disappearance. ? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong