UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the face of it the DVD comments seem credible.

It's also plausible that the man in the CCTV footage is known locally and to the police, but nothing can be proven. I suspect he was checking for a light to see if she was at home. Her naivety has been mentioned by her sister and her only long term relationship ex. She thought she could stay in good terms with the men she had affairs with; she still spoke to the man who lost his marriage just January that year as a result of their affair. This certainly does seem naive imo and quite clearly, she was wrong to make that assumption.

As Claudias moral character has been portrayed in a somewhat less than flattering light, this has contributed to people not wanting to help by providing information that they may have done in other circumstances. If it happened now, people might think differently, as attitudes towards women have certainly changed in the last few years.

Sorry don't have much to add at the moment other than to say I was in York at the weekend for the first time. It's a lovely city.

It's a gorgeous city and especially lovely at Christmas time with all the markets and mulled wine stalls. It's not far from me and I've been twice this year but both times had 90 kids with me (school trips, no mulled wine allowed!), I really should go and make a proper day out of it.

cant they just survey the areas that have a possibility of hiding a body.to me theres not many in the area having driven round it..most areas have too much people/houses round them to be practical burial areas...if the ide she is under concrete then now that time has passed decomposition will have caused a bigger target to see on gpr
It has to be an area, which was a building site in 2009, just like the Uni/Dep. of Biology perhaps for example ... ;)

DNA trawl in missing Claudia case fails
9 November 2018

A UK-wide attempt by police using DNA to identify a suspect in the case of missing chef Claudia Lawrence has failed.
Detectives travelled across the country trying to match up the sample taken from Miss Lawrence's car.

The DNA sample was found on a cigarette in her car, which was in a garage being repaired when she vanished.
North Yorkshire Police officers had hoped to find a "familial DNA" match that would lead them to a suspect, but they have drawn a blank.
-.-
The operation involved obtaining evidence by consent from people who had similar DNA profiles to the unidentified samples recovered during the search.

There was also work done to reconstruct Miss Lawrence's DNA for elimination purposes, the force added.

People who had visited Miss Lawrence's house or been in her car for any reason and had not yet come forward should contact the force, it added.

From the article:

There was also work done to reconstruct Miss Lawrence's DNA for elimination purposes, the force added”

You’d have thought they would have obtained Claudia’s DNA early in the investigation, & relatively easily, from hairbrush, toothbrush, or items in her house....plus taking DNA samples from her parents/ sister?

But maybe it’s just the way it’s worded, that gives the impression this was done relatively recently...

A special thorough article in BBC news online here: Rather long, but very interesting and easy to scroll - back to the beginning as it is the 10 year anniversary;

What happened to Claudia? - BBC News

I just popped in here to see if anyone mentioned this. I've not joined this thread before now (or if I have in the past it was only briefly). Can I add a fresh pair of eyes to this after reading the above? Is it just me or is that article pointing fingers at the barmaid friend knowing a lot more than she lets on? Have I picked up on something that isn't there? I know a bar maid in my local area knows everything that is going on. She knows so much. JMO.

Something else struck me but I'd have to read it again when I've more time, to comment on it.

I just popped in here to see if anyone mentioned this. I've not joined this thread before now (or if I have in the past it was only briefly). Can I add a fresh pair of eyes to this after reading the above? Is it just me or is that article pointing fingers at the barmaid friend knowing a lot more than she lets on? Have I picked up on something that isn't there? I know a bar maid in my local area knows everything that is going on. She knows so much. JMO.

Something else struck me but I'd have to read it again when I've more time, to comment on it.

Where in the article does it point fingers at the barmaid? (I presume that you are referring to Jen King.) Can you quote the passage that you think does, please?

Where in the article does it point fingers at the barmaid? (I presume that you are referring to Jen King.) Can you quote the passage that you think does, please?

I said: " I just popped in here to see if anyone mentioned this. I've not joined this thread before now (or if I have in the past it was only briefly). Can I add a fresh pair of eyes to this after reading the above? Is it just me or is that article pointing fingers at the barmaid friend knowing a lot more than she lets on? Have I picked up on something that isn't there? I know a bar maid in my local area knows everything that is going on. She knows so much. JMO.

Something else struck me but I'd have to read it again when I've more time, to comment on it."

I didn't say it did SAY that, read my comment above again.

Very interesting BBC article.

Do we have some consensus on whether we think the incident took place that night, or whether she left for work as usual the following morning?

How credible were the morning sightings?

A special thorough article in BBC news online here: Rather long, but very interesting and easy to scroll - back to the beginning as it is the 10 year anniversary;

What happened to Claudia? - BBC News

Interesting!

The force’s reluctance to take part in interviews on the 10th anniversary of the case is a wasted opportunity for “one big push” to solve it, says Mr Holleran.

“Ten years on and loyalties change. People may struggle to live with the knowledge they possess and cracks may form.

“Anniversaries such as this are an ideal opportunity to bring people forward again and get Claudia’s name back in the public’s mind.”
-.-

Meanwhile, at the York Press, armchair detectives were calling the newsroom with their theories and reporters heard repeated rumours concerning the university’s Ron Cooke Hub, which was being built in 2009. They were further fuelled by claims Claudia had been involved with men in the building trade.

“With that building project there was a lot of concrete being put down and there was a suggestion she may have been dumped under there,” says Mike Laycock.
-.-

The Hub is a £20million, 7000 sq ft 'melting pot' for engagement. Its design encourages discussion and interaction, bringing people together across disciplines and sectors, from within and outside the university, providing space for new, value-adding ideas and partnerships to blossom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said: " I just popped in here to see if anyone mentioned this. I've not joined this thread before now (or if I have in the past it was only briefly). Can I add a fresh pair of eyes to this after reading the above? Is it just me or is that article pointing fingers at the barmaid friend knowing a lot more than she lets on? Have I picked up on something that isn't there? I know a bar maid in my local area knows everything that is going on. She knows so much. JMO.

Something else struck me but I'd have to read it again when I've more time, to comment on it."

I didn't say it did SAY that, read my comment above again.

I found it interesting to read, Jen was a barmaid, because I never heard it before. She was also best friends with CL. - Just her best friends were several times presented by LE as being reluctant to work with police and not telling, what they did know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member