CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other cases, such as the recent high-profile case in Colorado, the police issued a press release early on, sent it out to the media and basically invited the media to show up at the SO's house and start asking questions.

This case is different. Here the police did a welfare check on 12/2, didn't find anything suspicious, likely spoke to PF, called the FBI and the CBI, and never issued a press release. They acted, IMO, like it was a probably suicide or an adult who just decided to go away for awhile.

It appears from the Missing Mother facebook pages that the media became aware of the disappearance because KB's family notified them and begged them to run the story. (That is my take.) The story blew up on a slow news weekend, suddenly was picked up by national media, and the media started to call WPPD, wondering why hadn't they said anything about this, issued a press release, etc. So WPPD scheduled a press release.

Does that mean that this case is not serious? No, it does not mean that. But there are people who disappear or commit suicide every day who don't get any publicity.

When I suggested, "mother pitched a fit," (and this is clearly speculation, as I would imagine what I would do if my daughter disappeared and it didn't look like anyone was investigating) she was certainly justified in doing so, and in getting the news media to pay attention.
I'm not positive about the family begging the media to run a story on this, but that may have all been dictated/advised by police: Shannon Brinias from KRDO News Channel 13 posted on December 9:

"To be perfectly honest, we've been trying to report on this disappearance for more than a week, and have been provided very little from police on which to further our reports. In just the last 24 hours, we've gained much more information, although we, too, are awaiting this media briefing today to learn more. We'll try to livestream it at http://www.krdo.com. Check our FB page for ongoing details: KRDO NewsChannel 13 / KRDO.com"

Except her family insists they are engaged. If there was some breaking up going on, KB may not have known about it.

KB willingly allowed JP to have the baby on Thanksgiving and I assume it was for his family gathering. Either she did not want to go or was not invited but I do believe she expected him to return with the baby that night and was totally blind-sided by whatever happened.

It is too similar to the Rhoden murder when Jake Wagner had his daughter over-night the very time her mother was being murdered. It took more than two years to be able to charge Jake and his Wagner clan. That case has also been all over the news. JMO
How do we know she willingly allowed anyone to have the baby on Thanksgiving? And who is JP?

I wonder if KB was having any problems at work or if there was anyone at her work that was obsessed with her in someway.
If that’s the case, then they sure as hell lucked out with the behavior of her fiancé.

He didn’t report her missing, and police lost an incredible amount of time.

I don’t think anyone gets that lucky.

In other cases, such as the recent high-profile case in Colorado, the police issued a press release early on, sent it out to the media and basically invited the media to show up at the SO's house and start asking questions.

This case is different. Here the police did a welfare check on 12/2, didn't find anything suspicious, likely spoke to PF, called the FBI and the CBI, and never issued a press release. They acted, IMO, like it was a probably suicide or an adult who just decided to go away for awhile.

It appears from the Missing Mother facebook pages that the media became aware of the disappearance because KB's family notified them and begged them to run the story. (That is my take.) The story blew up on a slow news weekend, suddenly was picked up by national media, and the media started to call WPPD, wondering why hadn't they said anything about this, issued a press release, etc. So WPPD scheduled a press release.

Does that mean that this case is not serious? No, it does not mean that. But there are people who disappear or commit suicide every day who don't get any publicity.

When I suggested, "mother pitched a fit," (and this is clearly speculation, as I would imagine what I would do if my daughter disappeared and it didn't look like anyone was investigating) she was certainly justified in doing so, and in getting the news media to pay attention.
I can understand a mother pitching a fit. Small town, Missing mother is an "outsider" as is her family, nobody seems too concerned not even the alleged fiance or his family which includes LE. That's how Aruba treated Natalee Holloway's parents.
JMO

I can’t seem to figure out a definitive answer regarding the ping. Would it ping if it’s off? If a text message was “scheduled” wouldn’t the phone need to be on? So someone would have needed to have turned it on somewhere along the way.

I also wonder about toll roads. Are there any on that route that happen to work by capturing license plates? Of course this would only matter if someone on their radar took a vehicle belonging to them.

This link says no unless you are NSA: the title of article is confusing lol

Can You Track Phone When it's Turned Off? Apparently, Yes!

Or it was turned off on the 22nd and only turned back on to text out those 2 messages on the 25th. My phone will still have charge several days later if it is turned off that whole time.
Very good point, but we need to ask ourselves(and LE is probably thinking) who does that? who turns their phone off for 3 days? in this day and age, and for the parties involved in this case. It was a holiday weekend, Kelsey and Frazee share a child, life in general, etc. Yes, who turns their phone off....that is suspicious. :(

Very good point, but we need to ask ourselves(and LE is probably thinking) who does that? who turns their phone off for 3 days? in this day and age, and for the parties involved in this case. It was a holiday weekend, Kelsey and Frazee share a child, life in general, etc. Yes, who turns their phone off....that is suspicious. :(
Exactly.

If it is true that her phone was dark for three days, and that ping/those text messages occurred in an isiolated period of time, I think it’s reasonable to assume that something bad happened on Thanksgiving.

I sometimes turn my phone off or put it in airplane mode during the day when I am at work because my phone can't connect to cell towers when I am in the building and the battery drains really fast. But turning it off for 3 days? I agree - nobody does that.

I assume the attorney Jeremy Loew is going to be scrutinized. Does he defend DUIs, etc? His website says traffic violations, if I remember correctly. I am surprised that he has( looks to me) , a public Facebook page.

Maybe there was no trail of pings because there are highway surveillance cameras everywhere. If the phone is allowed to ping, LE knows which surveillance cameras to view to identify the creep. (I saw that there was a live webcam outside a horse ranch in Gooding, Idaho. I hope it nails whoever disappeared Kelsey.)

It's also possible that her phone was mailed to a friend of the person who disappeared Kelsey and the friend sent the texts from Gooding, Idaho.

Here is the problem with the mailing of the phone Theory. She disappeared on thanksgiving. Shippers are closed. Friday you put it in the mail. Its has to get there next day in order to be turned on by Sunday. Tight window but possible. But here's the thing, if you are going to send a phone 600 miles away to establish an alibi that she was still alive on Sunday then why turn it on, send two text messages, then turn it off again. Wouldn't you want it to ping off of a cell tower more than once. You've gone through all the effort to make sure it gets located in Gooding but you just turn it on and off so quickly it pings only once. When I start adding it all up to me its not likely to have happened that way.

Exactly.

If it is true that her phone was dark for three days, and that ping/those text messages occurred in an isiolated period of time, I think it’s reasonable to assume that something bad happened on Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, we don't know whether the phone pinged between the 22nd and the 25th the whole way up to Gooding. Based on the way that information was released, I think most people's minds sort of assume that the phone was silent between 11/22 and 11/25, but that's not what we've been told. (IIRC, and I welcome being corrected if I have misremembered this.)

I sure wish we had more information. This is frustrating.

How do we know she willingly allowed anyone to have the baby on Thanksgiving? And who is JP?

Excellent point! Unless she told someone about a plan for PF to take the baby on that day, there's no way to know for sure she willingly handed her over. Also, if they had dinner plans that night why would he have picked the baby up?

Maybe he was doing something to prove the child's welfare, such as allowing her to be examined by a doctor or getting a paternity test to prove his relationship.
possible, i thought he was at a lawyers office. Though, if I were him , I’d be getting a lawyer to.

Assuming that KB's mom remembered what KB said correctly, and assuming that KB's plans didn't change abruptly, this is inconsistent with PF "picking up" K at KB's house.

We don't know where they were going to dinner or what time.

It would be helpful to know if she was going to meet him somewhere for dinner.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member