CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It stands to reason the phone pinged nowhere else. Otherwise, why say that it pinged one time in the Gooding area? Wouldn't they have said the phone pinged for the last time in Gooding? What would be the purpose of that statement if there were pings in many other areas? Remember this is a missing persons case. They are telling people about the ping so they can come forward with information about seeing her.

I remembered them saying something to the effect of "her phone last pinged in Gooding, Idaho."

Unfortunately, we don't know whether the phone pinged between the 22nd and the 25th the whole way up to Gooding. Based on the way that information was released, I think most people's minds sort of assume that the phone was silent between 11/22 and 11/25, but that's not what we've been told. (IIRC, and I welcome being corrected if I have misremembered this.)

I sure wish we had more information. This is frustrating.
I am waiting for more confirmation that the cell ping in Idaho is actually legit.

We don’t know. Probably when she didn’t show up for dinner, or any plans they may have had.

Perhaps very early on, but certainly before a week and a half had passed.
I’m going to go on the record as saying I don’t think they had dinner plans, or any plans. IF she wasn’t speaking to him for some reason, that could almost explain a delay in finding out she was missing. Except, any mom in the universe is going to check in on her 15 month old, if not daily, at LEAST every other day. IMO he had to know something was amiss very quickly.

I don't think any of us know what happened during the exchange and what was voluntary or not. It's still unclear what their initial plans ever were or if/how "going out to dinner" turned into only an exchange of the child. They could have had plans to "go out" to a restaurant for all we know. Somewhere in all of this Kelsey went missing and PF ended up with their child. The whole middle is still a big missing piece, imo.

BBM. That's precisely what LE needs explained: why would KB tell her mom they were going out to dinner yet he claims he picked up the child only. He needs to explain why KB didn't go along. JMO

We don’t know. Probably when she didn’t show up for dinner, or any plans they may have had.

Perhaps very early on, but certainly before a week and a half had passed.

We still don't know what the text that was send from KB's phone to PF said, or if he replied to it. For all we know, KB (or someone using her phone) could have told him that KB was going on an extended trip somewhere so he wouldn't expect to see her. Of course, if that was the case I would expect PF to at least mention it to KB's mom when he called him, but everything about this case is so weird that nothing would surprise me at this point.

I can’t seem to figure out a definitive answer regarding the ping. Would it ping if it’s off? If a text message was “scheduled” wouldn’t the phone need to be on? So someone would have needed to have turned it on somewhere along the way.

I also wonder about toll roads. Are there any on that route that happen to work by capturing license plates? Of course this would only matter if someone on their radar took a vehicle belonging to them.

1. The phone needs to be powered up to ping off a cell tower.
2. To write and send a text message the phone needs to be on. But it doesnt need a cell tower to send. It could have used a wifi connection.
3. If they there is a tollway camera along the way what are they looking for? Her cars are home. Maybe her fiancee's car.

KB willingly allowed PF to have the baby on Thanksgiving and I assume it was for his family gathering.
Snipped by me.

This sentence jumped out at me. We are all going by fiance's version that he picked up the baby on Thanksgiving as if that were a plan they had (and also had plans for dinner together? Not sure how that fits in).

Anyway, what if "exchanging the baby" wasn't the plan at all, but he has the baby and mom isn't around.... so Thursday is described as "exchanging the baby."

Do we really know that Kelsey planned to exchange the baby that day? She didn't have to work on Friday so didn't need the childcare.

jmopinion only, speculation, thinking aloud.

Even if he knew where KB is, such as she checked into rehab or something of that nature, once he knew her mom was going to report her missing surely he would have told LE and her worried to death parents where she is. I don't think her checking out and disappearing was her plan, jmo

I remembered them saying something to the effect of "her phone last pinged in Gooding, Idaho."

The most important thing is to find Kelsey. The second most important thing is to find people who saw Kelsey. If LE has phone pings they are not releasing to the public in order to find eye witnesses there would be hell to pay.

Unfortunately, we don't know whether the phone pinged between the 22nd and the 25th the whole way up to Gooding. Based on the way that information was released, I think most people's minds sort of assume that the phone was silent between 11/22 and 11/25, but that's not what we've been told. (IIRC, and I welcome being corrected if I have misremembered this.)

I sure wish we had more information. This is frustrating.
Agreed. I wish we knew if there were more pings along that route until the last day but unfortunately, when a case like this is open, the public is not going to hear all that information(small details, etc) because LE does play close to the vest; they have a lot more info than we do for a reason. I'm sure you know this, but LE doesn't provide all details because it can alert the perp, crazies, and any entities that could prevent the case from being solved. "evidence (or information) only 'so and so' would know" is not disclosed to the public because it widens a net of POI instead of narrowing it.

Imo; I can think of NO logical reason to not report her missing. Her mom did.
He (PF) never reported her missing... and has not appeared at a presser to at least ask where she is (assuming he thinks she left of her own volition).

So sad for her family and esp. her baby. At that age... a mom is the whole world to her baby !
That little one is suffering Kelsey's absence ,and isn't old enough to understand why. :(

Even if he knew where KB is, such as she checked into rehab or something of that nature, once he knew her mom was going to report her missing surely he would have told LE and her worried to death parents where she is. I don't think her checking out and disappearing was her plan, jmo

It occurred to me that she might have checked herself in to the rehab in Gooding on the 25th, hence the text messages to PF and work, and then checked herself back out and then disappeared. (i.e., left the rehab without completing the program) . But if that were the case, then PF would tell LE that, LE would check for her there, find out she had been there and left, and then they would have reported that information (I think) at the presser. If her text gave a reason why she wasn't going to be in for work, we don't know what reason she gave. We have no idea what message was given by her to PF, or what she had told him she was going to do when he last saw her on 11/22.

I wish the police would at least tell us if they believe she is a danger to herself. Why couldn't a reporter at the PC have asked that question?

Edited for typo

Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about the relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé

In my opinion, this explains the house KB bought, which would be considered a great little house in CA, especially for a family with a young child or even young children. It is big enough, but not that big...however, it does allude to financial concerns. KB's mom seems optimistic about the relationship, which makes this strange disappearance even sadder.

I know when my kids were toddlers, I would never leave them overnight....this is so sad and odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong