Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
That particular uncle has always been of interest to me. To the point I made a crimestoppers report. I think I would be in breach of TOS here to explain why I made the report. I had some work recently in Kew, so I drove the extra few km to Kendall. I must say I was shocked to see just where Benaroon drive is. You really are driving out of town- it doesn't feel like on the outskirts- it feels like you have left the village. I didn't go up the road- felt intrusive.

Nothing new announced just another headline!!

William Tyrrell: Inquest into toddler’s disappearance announced

11 hrs ago
Today, after a controversial campaign, Justice NSW announced an inquest into his disappearance will be held at the new Forensic Medicine and Coroners Court Complex for five days from March 25 next year.

Last edited:
The Justice Dept did not announce a ‘fresh inquest’, simply an inquest into William’s disappearance:

Justice NSW
@NSWJustice

The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell will be held at the new Forensic Medicine & Coroners Court Complex at Lidcombe. The first segment of the inquest is expected to begin on 25 March 2019 & is set down for five days.

Twitter

The Justice Dept did not announce a ‘fresh inquest’, simply an inquest into William’s disappearance:

Justice NSW
@NSWJustice

The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell will be held at the new Forensic Medicine & Coroners Court Complex at Lidcombe. The first segment of the inquest is expected to begin on 25 March 2019 & is set down for five days.

Twitter
I was puzzled by the language in the DT article--"fresh inquest", "new inquest". I suppose just reporter ignorance. Unless there was a first inquest successfully kept secret.

What does it mean in case WT? When did a campaign happen?
William Tyrrell inquest petition in NSW Coroner's hands: 'Police may have missed something'
By Mark Saunokonoko
3:26pm Oct 17, 2017
"William Tyrrell campaigners have today submitted a controversial petition to the NSW Coroner demanding an immediate inquest into the lost boy’s disappearance.
At noon on Tuesday, a representative of the advocacy group, Walking 4 Warriors, hand-delivered a petition of 18,000 signatures to NSW Coroner’s Court in Glebe, Sydney.

The petition, which was launched mid-March, urged NSW Coroner Michael Barnes to investigate “vexing questions surrounding this case”."

William Tyrrell inquest petition in NSW Coroner's hands: 'Police may have missed something'

By Mark Saunokonoko
"William Tyrrell campaigners have today submitted a controversial petition to the NSW Coroner demanding an immediate inquest into the lost boy’s disappearance.
At noon on Tuesday, a representative of the advocacy group, Walking 4 Warriors, hand-delivered a petition of 18,000 signatures to NSW Coroner’s Court in Glebe, Sydney.

The petition, which was launched mid-March, urged NSW Coroner Michael Barnes to investigate “vexing questions surrounding this case”."

Oh yes, the inquest is definitely all W4W’s doing :D

What does it mean in case WT? When did a campaign happen?

By Mark Saunokonoko

Oh yes, the inquest is definitely all W4W’s doing :D

I was responding to FromGermany's question.

It seems the W4W petition is the 'controversial campaign' as noted in the MSM article quoted - and it seems it was controversial because police 'did not want an inquest held until SFR's investigation into the disappearance was complete':

"After a controversial campaign, Justice NSW yesterday announced an inquest into his disappearance will be held at the new Forensic Medicine and Coroners Court Complex for five days from March 25 next year.

NSW Police previously told nine.com.au they did not want an inquest held until Strike Force Rosann’s investigation into the disappearance was complete."

I was responding to FromGermany's question.

It seems the W4W petition is the 'controversial campaign' as noted in the MSM article quoted - and it seems it was controversial because police 'did not want an inquest held until SFR's investigation into the disappearance was complete':

"After a controversial campaign, Justice NSW yesterday announced an inquest into his disappearance will be held at the new Forensic Medicine and Coroners Court Complex for five days from March 25 next year.

NSW Police previously told nine.com.au they did not want an inquest held until Strike Force Rosann’s investigation into the disappearance was complete."

I was simply making an observation.

I was puzzled by the language in the DT article--"fresh inquest", "new inquest". I suppose just reporter ignorance. Unless there was a first inquest successfully kept secret.
It seems rather coincidental to me that in the DT's reporting, the terms "fresh" and "new" were used to describe the inquest. They are official terms used in CORONERS ACT 2009 - SECT 83 When fresh inquests and inquiries may be conducted
I don't find it strange after reading the above act and acts about children missing in care, that a coronial inquiry must be conducted and was probably done so very early in the piece. Maybe not too long after it was concluded that WT could not survive in the bush after a period of time and as a 3 year old, could not survive on his own. Also, being a child in care, and not having that officially identified until last year I would expect there would be media suppression about all such proceedings. Findings of the evidence presented at that time may well have proved inconclusive to his status. IMO

Last edited:
Still wondering why BS court results on historical charges has not been published. Guessing suppression but why? Wondered if it was in regards to this case but then started to look at another tangent today. As many know, a high-profile Australian has been found guilty in an historical child sexual abuse case. There are suppression orders around the results of this case in Australia. The allegations against this man have been divided into 2 court cases, one in Melbourne which has had a verdict delivered but not confirmed yet. this can't be reported on until the allegations from the 1970's has gone to trial in the coming year, in Ballarat. My source is the Catholic News Agency. So BS and Mr Mystery are both tried in Ballarat. Also both pinged by the same Taskforce Sano. Could be completely unrelated but noting the coincidences that others have made in the past

Still wondering why BS court results on historical charges has not been published. Guessing suppression but why? Wondered if it was in regards to this case but then started to look at another tangent today. As many know, a high-profile Australian has been found guilty in an historical child sexual abuse case. There are suppression orders around the results of this case in Australia. The allegations against this man have been divided into 2 court cases, one in Melbourne which has had a verdict delivered but not confirmed yet. this can't be reported on until the allegations from the 1970's has gone to trial in the coming year, in Ballarat. My source is the Catholic News Agency. So BS and Mr Mystery are both tried in Ballarat. Also both pinged by the same Taskforce Sano. Could be completely unrelated but noting the coincidences that others have made in the past
Thanks for that news!

Yes, High-profile Australian found guilty on Tuesday, I think. Court suppression order in place until at least March 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member