OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty, you’re so up to speed on this case, if plea bargains are offered, do you think any will accept? TIA

That's hard to say at this point. There's not much publicly known about their personalities, family dynamics, etc. We also don't know yet which of them did the killing. IMO, I think there's a chance someone will. LOL, I know that sounds vague, but I haven't really decided yet who is most likely to turn. My first guess during the arraignments was that Jake Wagner might. He's young, has the most to lose. I will say I think the parents are the least likely to cut a deal, but most likely is the person who participated at the most minimal level.

I wasn’t implying they whisk an informant away. But, I know for a fact they will set up a meeting place away from prying eyes. It could be in a parking lot, the next town over, maybe a police department in a dif county, a hotel room, an office suite or??? They simply will not risk another life by asking an informant to come to local headquarters. Especially in the course of such a heinous crime.

Now, if LE is asking for public tips regarding a minor offense, it’s not problematic for an informant to be seen at the SO. With this case the news cameras would have captured potential witnesses/informants.

I am speaking to the public tip line. I think it was on the billboard on US23 (IIRC). If the tip is credible, then they would be called in with some discretion. If I called in on a dangerous family member, for instance, I'd want discretion guaranteed, but I couldn't expect them to protect me 24/7. They may even arrest me to make it look as if I'm something I'm not. The defendants wouldn't know til after discovery (and possibly not til after conviction, who knows in different cases).

Not asking about your bias. Asking if you know them. A lot of people are being asked if they know them, for some reason. You'd mentioned that AW has always had "dark thoughts but never acted on them", a few pages back. That sounded kinda like personal knowledge to me. J.s.

I am not sure why, but there seems to be more people on here that seems to be implying they know the W's or R's personally. Kinda makes me wonder where they were before the arrests. Maybe the locals have finally started to talk.

JMO

I’d like to thank everyone that has compiled the many links & established the timeline. I live close to the Piketon area & have followed this since day one. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn’t allow me 24/7 access to researching documents.

I hope, since this case isn’t ending anytime soon, we can all respect each other’s opinions. We’ve all lived different experiences & those experiences foster our beliefs & opinions.

Even if we disagree, it’s always interesting to read the perspective of all wishing to discuss the case.

It would be a shame to have our discussions halted due to dissension amongst us, as has happened on other threads.

Thanks again to ALL of you that have devoted so much time to the organization of this case. You did an amazing job!

Thanks, Trudie. A lot of people contributed to the timeline, most of whose names show up in the early part of the Media & Timelines thread. We were working fast and furious in those first few days and weeks. There was so much conflicting and new information coming out and of course it was a complicated crime affecting so many people.

We also appreciate the contributions and opinions of those who live around Piketon. It's very helpful to have that local point of view, to have someone who can help us understand the community, what's going on and what people thing.

I am not sure why, but there seems to be more people on here that seems to be implying they know the W's or R's personally. Kinda makes me wonder where they were before the arrests. Maybe the locals have finally started to talk.

JMO

Yes and I'm glad to see it! I don't blame local folks if they were reluctant to speak out before the arrests.

Yes and I'm glad to see it! I don't blame local folks if they were reluctant to speak out before the arrests.

Yea, it’s pretty frightening to know person/s are circulating at large after committing such heinous crimes. After killing one, there’s really no reason for them to be concerned about killing again.

It just seems to me BW/AW always lived on the wrong side of the law & FW likely lived in a state of concern wondering what would eventually become of them & their kids. Bobby & RW, it appears, have been successful & lived as law abiding citizens.

FW is an intelligent, shrewd business woman. She didn’t get where she’s at financially any other way. Her 100+ land contracts illustrate her savinness. No one forced anyone to enter into contractual land agreements with her. Its easy for people fincacially struggling, day to day, to dislike her. And, in the course of any biz, there’s always disgruntled people that feel they were “done wrong”.

I’ve followed a lot of cases & it seems 99.9% of parents go to the extreme to protect their children. Most proclaim innocence despite crystal clear evidence to the contrary.

BBM
And even if they can admit their child's wrongs, they do still love them. That's their child. I saw a case where a father said he hated his child, who had been accused, and I was aghast. I instantly wondered if he had some hand in what happened.

Good points. In my mind, I never could decide if all four truly wanted to move. But, the family that murders together, sticks together, I suppose.

Like your last paragraph.....the work required, had to prove daunting to them.

Do we know why, upon returning to OH, why they didn’t move to the Flying W?

I also think they wanted away from Flying W. Big bro did..

That's hard to say at this point. There's not much publicly known about their personalities, family dynamics, etc. We also don't know yet which of them did the killing. IMO, I think there's a chance someone will. LOL, I know that sounds vague, but I haven't really decided yet who is most likely to turn. My first guess during the arraignments was that Jake Wagner might. He's young, has the most to lose. I will say I think the parents are the least likely to cut a deal, but most likely is the person who participated at the most minimal level.

True. We have zero way of knowing what might be going thru their minds & what each legal team might be suggesting. Some cases, the attorney puts it out there, “with the evidence against you, the state has a strong case, so.....”, I think all 4 must come to the realization whether they do a deal or a trial, they’re never coming out. Maybe they’re naive enough to think they can “beat” the system, preferring trial.

BBM
And even if they can admit their child's wrongs, they do still love them. That's their child. I saw a case where a father said he hated his child, who had been accused, and I was aghast. I instantly wondered if he had some hand in what happened.

Exactly. Case after case, for most part, we see the parent holding out hope, against all odds, that’s the facts are not true. Most of us with kids would act the same, I suspect. No one wants to think their child or family member capable of such evil.
I can only think of one recent case with a father turning against his teen daughter, accused of killing his new wife. But, when he was on TV, the murder was fresh and he was newly married. Today, he may feel otherwise.

I do agree with this, and ftr, I'm a proud Redneck, Hillbilly, Appalachian American.

I too am a proud Cowboy Boot wearing, Stetson tipping Redneck.
I live in small town, Appalachia , USA. I've been in convos with the secret service. They came here, they talked to us, in LE's office, discreetly, and they left. The Feds don't announce when they come to town. They don't whisk you away to some safe home either. Not for a tip.

BBM

Having family members who are federal LE I can tell you with certainty that if they come to your town you will not know they are there unless they want you to know. They look and dress just like everyone else and are trained to blend in with everyone else. Most of the time the agents are out of a local office and have the same accents and mannerisms as the people around them. Just a couple of good ole boys out looking for a place to fish. Or hunt.

JMO

I too am a proud Cowboy Boot wearing, Stetson tipping Redneck.

BBM

Having family members who are federal LE I can tell you with certainty that if they come to your town you will not know they are there unless they want you to know. They look and dress just like everyone else and are trained to blend in with everyone else. Most of the time the agents are out of a local office and have the same accents and mannerisms as the people around them. Just a couple of good ole boys out looking for a place to fish. Or hunt.

JMO

I have a few in my family too & you’re right. They keep a low profile, fitting in to the situation at hand. I think some people have an image of a man wearing a suit, a starched whit shirt, driving a BMW. They don’t consider a tatted up biker with hair to his mid back & a beard to his waist might be LE.

I am glad to see it too Betty.

I would be a lot happier if they would get verified as a Verified Insider before throwing out those tidbits of personal knowledge about the W's and R's. That way we could all take what they say as fact. We have been through this before on here IIRC.

JMO

One might very well lie, (after months, if not years, in county lock up) hoping to fabricate some story to lessen his charges. Of course, he’d then be implicating his family. IMO, AW held many “family meetings” to brief the boys on what to do in the event of this or that. Now, w/o parental guidance, will they abandon her advice? The inability to communicate within their circle must be killing them. For one has no earthly idea what’s going on with the next.

True. We have zero way of knowing what might be going thru their minds & what each legal team might be suggesting. Some cases, the attorney puts it out there, “with the evidence against you, the state has a strong case, so.....”, I think all 4 must come to the realization whether they do a deal or a trial, they’re never coming out. Maybe they’re naive enough to think they can “beat” the system, preferring trial.

I seriously doubt that either JW or GW4 would take a plea deal as the best the prosecution would likely be able to is offer one of them the chance to get out of prison as a very,very old man. LWOP or even 50+ years before eligibility for parole would probably be a fate worse than the DP in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member