AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't thought of that, but yes it is a possibility. My original thoughts were that James got into an altercation and was trying to get into the house and away from someone. So many possibilities.

What if Denise had called James to tell him about something that had upset her, and he rushed home? Like she was concerned about a vehicle repeatedly driving slowly past their home, or someone had threatened her, or threatened Jayme? Or a person who had previously been involved in an altercation with one of them at work had stopped at their house and pounded on the door?

It would be interesting to know if any phone calls were made to James, Denise, or Jayme in the hours before the murders, besides the calls made from Denise’s sister. Any calls between Denise and James?

Did Denise and Jayme stop anywhere on their way home from the party?

You are correct, so many possibilities and we have so little information to go on.

I can think of multiple reasons to park there instead of next to Denise by the garage. If he intended to get yard equipment or anything else out of the garage that day or the next, he might park away from it, or if he intended to have something delivered that they would move into or through the garage. We often park well clear of the garage when we know we will be getting the tractor out or something delivered.
Good point, I think it was simply parked there to allow Denise to be able to turn around easily in the morning when she goes to work. They seem to be considerate people and I think its just an act of kindness for his wife.

What if Denise had called James to tell him about something that had upset her, and he rushed home? Like she was concerned about a vehicle repeatedly driving slowly past their home, or someone had threatened her, or threatened Jayme? Or a person who had previously been involved in an altercation with one of them at work had stopped at their house and pounded on the door?

It would be interesting to know if any phone calls were made to James, Denise, or Jayme in the hours before the murders, besides the calls made from Denise’s sister. Any calls between Denise and James?

You are correct, so many possibilities and we have so little information to go on.
But they were all home and everything seemed fine to the sisters at both 8 and 10 pm when they spoke to Denise.

With the discussion about the neighbors, I dont get the same vibe about these people that some here do, so I just rewatched their DM interview.

Video: Jayme Closs neighbors heard two gunshots before a 911 call was made | Daily Mail Online

I could be being a really bad judge of character right now, but I believe them that they heard gunshots. I kind of feel that maybe the "loud" description doesnt fit with casings LE found, or the weapon used to kill James and Denise, and the time those shots were heard somehow doesnt fit with the timeline LE have narrowed down for the crime, but I do believe they still could have happened.

From what I have seen (and I could be wrong here) Sheriff has never said the shots didnt happened. He has moreless just said the neighbors account dont fit within the actual facts of the crime scene, and theres no proof - except earwitness - that they happened.

So first I wonder if this is another peculiar part of the story the Sheriff is keeping to himself for some reason. And second, Im wondering, instead of James taking the dog out, is it possible he went out to see what those shots were about? This was discussed early on that someone fired shots to see if any lights came on, anyone came outside, etc.

I just have a hard time throwing out those gunshots heard. These people have never seemed suspicious to me (or elderly! Lol), just unknowing and unsuspecting. If they didnt hear something, I dont see them creating a sensationalized story just because. They just dont seem like "5 minutes of fame" kind of people. I also dont believe they meant to sell themselves out to a tabloid either, if they even got paid. I believe they were approached and simply did the interview. Same as the Sheriff did a few weeks later. I also dont get the feeling at all that they are badmouthing the Closs's. Just stating what they saw and knew about them, which is nothing. They clearly werent close friends, but not seemingly enemies either. Seems both parties just kept to themselves. Jmho.

Believe the neighbors heard gunshots... there description is supersonic gunshots.. bullets that break the sound barrier is distinct crack piercing ripple.. loud as hell.. and sounds distinct... weather it was pre gunshot before crime couldn’t say...

Why does Sherrif always say perp was in house for 4 minutes . 911 call was 47 seconds... don’t know how anyone knows 4 minutes.. I could see perp gone 1-2 minutes after murder...sheriff admitted all cars came from station.. if perp goes other way.. only needs 1 minute head start..

They didn’t start looking for specific cars then for 7 days ..?

Tori Mason‏Verified account @ToriMasonTV

Jayme Closs is STILL missing. She is 13 years old. We need to find her.

DuTK3piWkAAGZqs.jpg

Tori Mason on Twitter

I have not read all the posts, but did LE ever say if lights were on inside the house when they arrived. It would seem strange that a person would stand in a doorway in an area of 5 feet for 4 minutes with a gun at 1 o'clock in the morning. Standing in a area of 5 feet for 4 minutes is a long time. Possible someone was at the patio door and Jayme tried to get out, that pers0n grabbed and took her to her room maybe dumped her school bag and made her put some clothes in the bag and left through patio door while the other person was standing at the front door. Possible that's how LE knew Jayme was in the house and in trouble. JMO and thinking out loud.

Could James have left some time after 10 pm? Run out to pick up something at a convenience store or some other quick trip?
Yes, we definitely have a gap in the time line leading up to the murder. We don't know if Jayme and her mother stopped if only to gas up the vehicle for the work week or picked up something else at a store. We don't know if James stopped anywhere. I would say the gap between the time Jayme and her mother left the party (before 8), when James left work and when the murders occurred. It may be nothing, but we don't know.

Good point, I think it was simply parked there to allow Denise to be able to turn around easily in the morning when she goes to work. They seem to be considerate people and I think its just an act of kindness for his wife.
I think so too. But the most interesting thing to know is if he always/often parked that way?

Or could it have been a statement for whatever reason that he was home. If the car is parked there I think it can be clearly seen from the road. I don't know if it could be seen if it was close to the house/next to the white car.

if denise called James it would have shown up on both their phones that call was made and received. I would hope they would have already looked at that

If James always parked that way, it would have been easier for a burglar to know that he wasn't home that afternoon and check if there was any other car there.

Therefore I think this was not a burglar and that it was targeted.

Believe the neighbors heard gunshots... there description is supersonic gunshots.. bullets that break the sound barrier is distinct crack piercing ripple.. loud as hell.. and sounds distinct... weather it was pre gunshot before crime couldn’t say...
Maybe those shots were meant to lure James out of the house. But he didn't go outside but instead locked everything carefully.

.... Why does Sherrif always say perp was in house for 4 minutes . 911 call was 47 seconds... don’t know how anyone knows 4 minutes.. I could see perp gone 1-2 minutes after murder...sheriff admitted all cars came from station.. if perp goes other way.. only needs 1 minute head start..

They didn’t start looking for specific cars then for 7 days ..?
Where does it state the call lasted 47 seconds? By whom and why did the call end after 47 seconds? Don't 911 dispatchers stay on the line until officers reach the scene? Whose prints were on that phone?

Where was the 'pole cam' located, which police requested to see?
"1:54 317 ADVISED ERT REQUESTING POLE CAM."

I wonder if the Closses felt in any way unsafe or threatened. Maybe Denise was on the phone for that reason until James would be home.
And James parked his car in such a way that it was clearly visible. And they locked the house so that in order to get in, the perp had to kick in the door.

Where does it state the call lasted 47 seconds? By whom and why did the call end after 47 seconds? Don't 911 dispatchers stay on the line until officers reach the scene? Whose prints were on that phone?

Where was the 'pole cam' located, which police requested to see?
"1:54 317 ADVISED ERT REQUESTING POLE CAM."

I also would like to know more about pole cam. I just assumed it was a camera LE used to look in crawl spaces or around corners where a officer either wouldn't safely be able to go or fit but a weapon or something could have been hid. or maybe to use to document who was where as they processed crime scene.

Thinking hard about the case...

How did the killer know there were only two adults in the house? I think he knew the household, knew what he was dealing with, knew that Jayme was an only child, no older brother to stop him, or no younger child to leave behind, no friend or relative staying there. From the 4 minutes he was in the house it appears he had a concentration, no need to look around for anything.

I also do not believe this case was stalking because the killer appeared to be angry and violent rather than having just an abduction focus. IMO something happened. Perhaps someone told him something or he overheard a rumor - something personal that set him off.

Yes, we definitely have a gap in the time line leading up to the murder. We don't know if Jayme and her mother stopped if only to gas up the vehicle for the work week or picked up something else at a store. We don't know if James stopped anywhere. I would say the gap between the time Jayme and her mother left the party (before 8), when James left work and when the murders occurred. It may be nothing, but we don't know.

BBM - Does anyone remember something about Jayme and her mom being at a store that evening? I feel like I remember that but I tried some Googling and couldn't find it. Whatever the grocery store is called up there I think... like a one word store name. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

I also would like to know more about pole cam. I just assumed it was a camera LE used to look in crawl spaces or around corners where a officer either wouldn't safely be able to go or fit but a weapon or something could have been hid. or maybe to use to document who was where as they processed crime scene.
Call me stupid, but I was imagining that it was a camera up on a telephone/hydro-electric pole somewhere, not sure if something like that would be owned by police or the county(?), like on the highway. They are obviously making the posts as abbreviated as possible, but I was thinking they meant, "At 1:54am, Officer#317 advised the Emergency Response Team that he was requesting the pole cam from.... [whomever is in charge of the footage]' (and this was done so there was no duplication of effort?). Maybe they don't have such things there? Anyone know?

Thinking hard about the case...

How did the killer know there were only two adults in the house? I think he knew the household, knew what he was dealing with, knew that Jayme was an only child, no older brother to stop him, or no younger child to leave behind, no friend or relative staying there. From the 4 minutes he was in the house it appears he had a concentration, no need to look around for anything.

I also do not believe this case was stalking because the killer appeared to be angry and violent rather than having just an abduction focus. IMO something happened. Perhaps someone told him something or he overheard a rumor - something personal that set him off.
Either way, it doesn't make sense. If he was targeting Jayme, it would be much simpler to ambush her while she was at the bus stop or walking to the bus stop, or fetching the mail, and he wouldn't have to kill anyone. If he was angry and snapped about something with one or both of the parents for whatever reason, taking Jayme is a liability - why didn't he just kill her too, instead of taking huge risks with her tagged along with him afterward? Why is there no evidence of anyone else having been there? If someone is snapping, are they also planning meticulously how to leave no trace?

Call me stupid, but I was imagining that it was a camera up on a telephone/hydro-electric pole somewhere, not sure if something like that would be owned by police or the county(?), like on the highway. They are obviously making the posts as abbreviated as possible, but I was thinking they meant, "At 1:54am, Officer#317 advised the Emergency Response Team that he was requesting the pole cam from.... [whomever is in charge of the footage]' (and this was done so there was no duplication of effort?). Maybe they don't have such things there? Anyone know?

could be, I have wondered. I have no knowledge so what I wrote is just my thinking on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni