AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me stupid, but I was imagining that it was a camera up on a telephone/hydro-electric pole somewhere, not sure if something like that would be owned by police or the county(?), like on the highway. They are obviously making the posts as abbreviated as possible, but I was thinking they meant, "At 1:54am, Officer#317 advised the Emergency Response Team that he was requesting the pole cam from.... [whomever is in charge of the footage]' (and this was done so there was no duplication of effort?). Maybe they don't have such things there? Anyone know?

I just Googled the term "police pole camera" and mainly pictures of police mounted cameras on poles returned, maybe they have a crawl space/ attic on of the officers noticed. A couple pictures were mounted to telephone poles but previous to the murder in Barron WI a police camera out on a pole kinda seems like a waste to me...

Where does it state the call lasted 47 seconds? By whom and why did the call end after 47 seconds? Don't 911 dispatchers stay on the line until officers reach the scene? Whose prints were on that phone?

Where was the 'pole cam' located, which police requested to see?
"1:54 317 ADVISED ERT REQUESTING POLE CAM."

There are 2 types of "police pole cameras" (google search).
One is a stationary camera on a pole, like any mounted security camera. The other is a long pole attached to a camera to see into crawl spaces, attics, etc. I think given the context of the dispatch log entry, they were requesting the latter. MOO.

I just Googled the term "police pole camera" and mainly pictures of police mounted cameras on poles returned, maybe they have a crawl space/ attic on of the officers noticed. A couple pictures were mounted to telephone poles but previous to the murder in Barron WI a police camera out on a pole kinda seems like a waste to me...
I don't think the cameras on poles are there necessarily to catch murderers and child abductors, but more for highway activity.. vehicle crashes, whatever. I know we have them here, so that's why I automatically thought that's what it meant when I read it. (I'm in Canada)

BBM - Does anyone remember something about Jayme and her mom being at a store that evening? I feel like I remember that but I tried some Googling and couldn't find it. Whatever the grocery store is called up there I think... like a one word store name. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

On the Dryden interview, the sheriff was asked about it and gave one of his standard evasive answers (can't comment/don't know). It was a fb rumor, unsubstantiated and some of the details contradicted what we do know.

I don't think the cameras on poles are there necessarily to catch murderers and child abductors, but more for highway activity.. vehicle crashes, whatever. I know we have them here, so that's why I automatically thought that's what it meant when I read it. (I'm in Canada)

Agreed but the ones in "police pole cam" searched look so much different than ours... I live in Minneapolis so we have plenty of cameras for traffic BUT they are way different from any returned in the Google search. I also just spent about 20 minutes on Google Earth running down Route 8 in front of the Closs house checking for any poles cameras and I didn't see one going either way down the road. Granted I didn't look further than 3 blocks or intersecting roads down sadly didn't see any cameras mounted...BUT if there were some, I'd guess this case would be closed by now.

Agreed but the ones in "police pole cam" searched look so much different than ours... I live in Minneapolis so we have plenty of cameras for traffic BUT they are way different from any returned in the Google search. I also just spent about 20 minutes on Google Earth running down Route 8 in front of the Closs house checking for any poles cameras and I didn't see one going either way down the road. Granted I didn't look further than 3 blocks or intersecting roads down sadly didn't see any cameras mounted...BUT if there were some, I'd guess this case would be closed by now.
Well that really sucks! I really thought they at least had SOME kind of footage from area roadways. It isn't always to see these things either, so might be easy to miss it from googlemaps/earth.

Why do you figure, if the perp(s) was there for such a short time, and was such a perfect shot to have killed each of the couple instantly.. and no gun was found.. that police would be so intent on finding the gun, rather than assuming that such a killer would take it with him so as to leave no evidence?

Edited to add: the 'pole cam' is how I assumed police had a lead on those 2 vehicles mentioned in the beginning. If only one cam in the area, the pics may not have been the clearest, hence not being certain of exact make/year/model.

Either way, it doesn't make sense. If he was targeting Jayme, it would be much simpler to ambush her while she was at the bus stop or walking to the bus stop, or fetching the mail, and he wouldn't have to kill anyone. If he was angry and snapped about something with one or both of the parents for whatever reason, taking Jayme is a liability - why didn't he just kill her too, instead of taking huge risks with her tagged along with him afterward? Why is there no evidence of anyone else having been there? If someone is snapping, are they also planning meticulously how to leave no trace?

There are 6400 cars that go by there . And of course there would be less at night so that is a car every few seconds. It would be hard to get her without being seen

There are 6400 cars that go by there . And of course there would be less at night so that is a car every few seconds. It would be hard to get her without being seen

That’s always stunned me .. the brash execution of it..loud kick of door .. loud gunshots..

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was park car 1/2 mile away ... walk through woods.. 2 kills .. get girl ... gone..

Although coulda been argument over owed money... or unsolicited parenting advice and out of hand quickly..

Still think perp viewed this as bank robbery where he planned to kill security guard and teller first off.. how he got jayme in car and gone in 2/3 minutes without leaving evidence... seems illogical..

Yes, we definitely have a gap in the time line leading up to the murder. We don't know if Jayme and her mother stopped if only to gas up the vehicle for the work week or picked up something else at a store. We don't know if James stopped anywhere. I would say the gap between the time Jayme and her mother left the party (before 8), when James left work and when the murders occurred. It may be nothing, but we don't know.

We know Denise's sister spoke to her on the phone around 10.00 pm, all three family members were at home and everything seemed fine. So whatever happened occurred between then and 12.53 am, the time of the 911 call.

There are 2 types of "police pole cameras" (google search).
One is a stationary camera on a pole, like any mounted security camera. The other is a long pole attached to a camera to see into crawl spaces, attics, etc. I think given the context of the dispatch log entry, they were requesting the latter. MOO.
My parents had a similar ranch style house. Same low pitched roof that if you went up there you would barely have room to squat or knee crawl. Access was a small push up panel in a bedroom closet. If one was to crawl up there (none of us did while I was there) you would have to be careful not to put a hand, knee, or foot through the insulation/ceiling of the rooms below.

I can see a need for a camera on a pole to look around up there. Even more so if the Closs family used some of the space for storage.

I would like to address the 6400 cars per day. The road near my house that I take every day for work has 8600 cars per day according to that map. Monday through Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, I could see that. At times other than that, I might see a car every so often and at 12:30 am, very few cars go by. I then checked a busier road that had 23,000 vehicles a day. I can take that road on Saturday around 6:00 a.m and see maybe five or six cars the entire time I'm on it. I would guess that many people that are employed at Jenni-O take the road by the Closs home twice a day and depending on the number of shifts, that adds up. I guess my point is that 6400 vehicles per day can be deceiving.

When did Jayme change schools? Maybe she did not yet have a solid group of close friends at school if it was just this year. School would have been in season just two months.
Last nights tree lighting ceremony had a large crowd. Students at the school released "wish lanterns" in hope that Jayme would come home safely. There were a lot of lanterns released- it was a beautiful sight.
If you have not watched the video please take the time to do so-there was a lot of support and it was heart warming
I moved to a new school several times when I was a little younger than Jayme and it takes a while to make new friends- and I am
Very outgoing, not quiet and shy as Jayme is described. I also think she probably already had some friends at school that she knew through her church activities
IDK- just wish they could find her and get some answers

We know Denise's sister spoke to her on the phone around 10.00 pm, all three family members were at home and everything seemed fine. So whatever happened occurred between then and 12.53 am, the time of the 911 call.
Yes, but I'm wondering if Jayme and her mother stopped somewhere and someone followed them (least likely) or someone who wanted to get back at the Closs family or wanted Jayme and this triggered it. We don't know if they stopped or if they did, does LE have surveillance footage.

Fitzgerald stated he was confident jayme alive at time of shooting partly due to 911..

Is it also possibly the reason he dismisses the neighbors time of shooting is James/Denise are heard on the 911 call...

They have all the phones ... likely know who sounds like who..

Would explain his indifference to neighbors.. there heard on 911 call alive... 12:53. there at house in 4-7 minutes... both dead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288