CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share the name of the app? I would like to look into whether the phone company can distinguish scheduled texts from a live text?

I only used it a couple of times and I may have deleted it. I found a few of them on Google Play. Unless someone had the physical phone to look at the APP, it is no different than any other text message. All the APP does is, at a specific time, access the messaging APP and send the message. It is no different that if you typed and sent it yourself.

I watched it a few more times. I feel like she was surprised by the question and the wind went out of her sails a bit the way she breathed in. Then when she said "I don't know. One day at a time." I think she was not answering the exact question of whether she hopes to see the baby but was answering an implied question of whether she would get to see the baby (which was what the reporter asked in the first place-- had she had a chance to see her). This must be so overwhelming with Kelsey being missing and not knowing if she will ever be allowed to visit her granddaughter again. :(
Yes! Bless her heart, she is being careful not to hint at whatever is keeping her from seeing the baby. :(
MOO

Since, as far as we know, KB had no plans to have dinner with PF (especially given the handoff of the child), and she was baking rolls that were left out.. It seems most likely that she was planning on spending time with someone that day... Someone that perhaps her family nor PF knew of (coworker or student) didn't seem she had many other opportunities to meet people.

That person shows up.. Is let into the home.. She probably plans to take the rolls with her and go somewhere else since she wasn't making anything else and no big meal was planned... But then something goes awry.. And she's missing.

It seems less likely PF is responsible (unless he had help and very careful planning) but that a third party we are unaware of is.. And that she was indeed on a long journey out of town (probably not voluntarily) with this person explaining the ping in ID. If the above premise is true, it would be extremely difficult to ascertain her location and whether or not she's in danger.

However... Very odd that a great amount of time passed and PF did not seem alarmed, contact authorities, or her family. Perhaps this could be explained by a more accurate description of their relationship than fiancé as the behavior seems asinine to a couple who had plans to Wed.

Just a theory.. MOO.. Limited facts available in this case.

All possibilities are still open but one reason why I tend to disagree with this theory is we really dont know anything about any planned or arranged handoff of the child on Thanksgiving day.

There is only one person that could confirm if there was any planning for that and she is missing.

Purely speculation maybe KB wanted him to step up and help with the purchase of a home for all of them, he was stalling and she decided to do it on her own, buy a place for her and the baby. I think the issues with the wedding or marriage were his and not hers, jmo
BBM
I agree; subject to change as we receive more information.
MOO

I wonder how close she lived to neighbors. Didn't they notice her cars hadn't moved for all that time and they hadn't seen a sign of her or the baby? Call me a noisy neighbor but I would have noticed and called the police (after I knocked on the door and looked through the windows...lol).

I have Verizon and it's their App called Message+ so it may have been already on KB's phone from the factory. Now we just have to figure out if they can tell if the message was a scheduled one or not in her records.
The provider would know. Basically, when sending SMS messages (messages that go via the cellular network) it works just like e-mail which something called "store and foreward". When you send a message you will, if you haven't turned off notifications, "sent". When that "sent" appears the message is now in the network. The network will attempt to locate the destination phone. If that phone is not found because the phone is off or in an area with no service the network will store your message in the destination phone's "inbox" and whenever that phone becomes available the network will send it on. With scheduling in something like Verizon's Message+ the message will be stored in your "outbox" on the network until the scheduled time when the network will attempt to send the message. That is how, of course, you can schedule a message for some time in the future and it will be sent and delivered whether your phone is off, in a no-service area, or even destroyed.

I agree that something seems very off with the engagement. I have trouble reconciling how the price of cattle matters after hearing Kelsey's mom say, "I don't think she cared about the big wedding kind of thing." If money was not the hold-up, what was?
MOO
I'm curious if she had or was wearing an engagement ring.

The part that I can’t get around in this regard is that her family was told by her she was having dinner with him. We heard it from her mom and a family member on Facebook. Maybe this wasn’t truthful if she didn’t want them to know their relationship wasn’t in a good place.

But if she did have plans to have dinner with him, the handoff seems ridiculous. Maybe he didn’t care about keeping up appearances and was very up front about them exchanging their daughter before he realized she had told her family that they were going to have dinner together. The two scenarios don’t go together in my opinion.
I have no idea what to think. The thought it my head is that when she talked to her mother, Kelsey thought she had dinner plans with her fiance and daughter. At some point during the day, perhaps an argument or unknown events, and dinner plans together were abandoned. PF took the child and how that occurred and what happened after that is a mystery to us.

However, I could be easily persuaded on a different scenario because it's all very puzzling to me. I get the distinct feeling there is some important factor that Kelsey's family is trying to keep private that would explain a lot, but they don't believe it has to do with her mental health or that she's willingly staying away from her daughter, and there is a reason they are not sharing. (And LE isn't either.) I do believe Kelsey's family is doing exactly what LE is advising.

Yes. I was just trying to balance the conversation.
I understand! I just feel like that’s the typical response in cases like this from people (defensiveness and disbelief over possible scenarios..ie: CW). It was a little surprising to me to see people put specific scenarios out there that would put anyone in a negative light.

Mother of missing Colorado mom speaks out on daughter's disappearance
“I can't think of anywhere she's gone where she hasn't told me,” she told NBC’s Joe Fryer. “It's just not in her character to do something, to just take off and be gone."

Berreth said she spoke with her daughter, Kelsey, twice on Thanksgiving. She said her daughter initially just needed a recipe.

“Her voice was fine. It was a normal day for her,” she said.

The couple, who do not live together, have a strong bond, said Cheryl Berreth, who lives in Idaho but has been staying in Colorado during the investigation.

"The relationship has been good. They're loving," she said.

She said she doesn't find the speculation circulating helpful to the case.

"Don't try to figure this out – we've got people trying to do that. Just share the photo There's more important things to be done," she said.

I know that. But why say "isolated", that means singular? He could have easily said his client is not a person of interest... period.
But he (PF) is, along with likely other people. So PF hasn’t been “isolated”. Weird phrasing yes. Almost as if it means less a big deal or something.

I think there is more to the story than we are hearing.

In an article linked above it was stated that KB and her mom talk often, they were joined at the hip. Why didn't her mom or PF sound the alarm before December 2nd? There must be a reason, we just don't know yet. Is it just a coincidence that a text was received by KB's employer on the 25th saying she was taking the week off and exactly one week later the police or notified. Perhaps alarms were going off with mom before that and she allowed exactly one week to go by before contacting police.
I was thinking Mom may have texted, called, left voicemails and finally became so concerned she called the police. I know I give it a day or two and then I'm contacting friends, etc. if I can't reach a loved one that I normally can easily reach. I have to wonder how many calls were made by Mom to others besides KB?

All possibilities are still open but one reason why I tend to disagree with this theory is we really dont know anything about any planned or arranged handoff of the child on Thanksgiving day.

There is only one person that could confirm if there was any planning for that and she is missing.
Agreed.. Many critical pieces of info are missing.. But we do know she called mom to ask about a recipe (probably not for cinnamon rolls) and she went to store for ingredients, and she did make rolls.. And that dinner was not planned at her place according to what she told her mom.

So.. There were indeed plans.. Either with PF and company or a third party.

Since police aren't confirming PF as a suspect, they may have info that points to a third party and not PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong