Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DNA failure is just so, so upsetting to me. Poor, poor Hania and her family. The senselessness of it. I am sooo glad he is off the streets but it took the death of Hania and that in your face surveillance video to accomplish that.

I really hope this results in some desperately needed legislation, a "Hania's Law" that requires far tighter oversight on rape kits/cases. That would be an incredible legacy.

and all the child predators and future serial rapists/killers it allows to roam free

It literally hurts my head to think about the thousands upon thousands of untested rape kits, DNA comparisons, and CODIS matching that has been ignored or piling up in states all across the US. I just have no words..... :(

The person responsible for the rape kit oversight should be tried for aiding and abetting and should serve prison time for negligence and/or assisting or allowing the murder of a child.

The DNA failure is just so, so upsetting to me. Poor, poor Hania and her family. The senselessness of it. I am sooo glad he is off the streets but it took the death of Hania and that in your face surveillance video to accomplish that.

This is a huge shadow on the department and DA. I understand the DA needed the SO department to gather more via search warrants that weren't even executed but Hania's parents need to know the why, the wtf why. Sure hope they aren't mealy mouthed around about this.

Police have a lot of protection against lawsuits. You are not going to win a lawsuit because police failed to solve a crime, or they'd be sued all the time for not solving crimes.
Well......that would be when LE was doing their job efficiently. In this case there was severe neglect of duties, a known rapist was walking the streets and a child lost her life because of it.

Law Enforcement needs to sweep that town/county and enforcement the Habitual Criminal law. Lock them up and get them off the streets. If they are undocumented, send them back where they came from. The criminals are running amuck and running the town!! jmo

Yet another example of adults failing children. If I was Hania's mom every single person involved in this debacle would hear my name in their nightmares.

I really hope this results in some desperately needed legislation, a "Hania's Law" that requires far tighter oversight on rape kits/cases. That would be an incredible legacy.
They won’t be poor for long. And yes, definitely “Hania’s Law”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth