CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

Hoping for an updated presser soon with more information.
I'm hoping she's just hiding somewhere and too embarrassed to come forward.

If you're out there, Kelsey, please come home to your little one and your mom ! They're worried about you !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but I think your situation is unusual on the whole.

I’m not sure she had that type of job, especially one where she could just send a last minute text asking for a week off.

It’ll be interesting to know what the company thought of it at the time.
I did a whole bunch of research on KB's employer earlier today. I wouldn't think they'd be super understanding of someone saying they'd take a week off via text? If you read reviews of previous employees you might get the same impression, even from the higher-paid flight instructors.

Yeah, but I think your situation is unusual the whole.

I’m not sure she had that type of job, especially one where she could just send a last minute text asking for a week off.

It’ll be interesting to know what the company thought of it at the time.

Yes, she would have had a schedule of students. They would have had to have been cancelled or switched to other trainers.

I did a whole bunch of research on KB's employer earlier today. I wouldn't think they'd be super understanding of someone saying they'd take a week off via text? If you read reviews of previous employees you might get the same impression, even from the higher-paid flight instructors.
Gotcha, thanks.

That solidifies my thinking here.

Is there a map anywhere on the internet showing the location where the phone was located? I am sure the police have checked out if there were any UPS, USPS or Fedex vehicles in the area. If this was a diversion, there would probably be no return address and probably not deliverable and sitting in a post office, fedex or UPS office and the police may have contacted all of these offices to see if there was any undeliverable mail. This might be risky since these offices may open undeliverable mail. But I would like to know if this ping location in Idaho is available publicly, other than around Gooding Idaho.
It pinged just north of Twin Falls, and if I remember correctly, north of Twin Falls is very remote.

We’re having a hard enough time trying to decipher what is true or not, based on MSM reporting here.

But yeah, rumors only add to that.

I’d like another press conference, or a press release, that lays it all out for us.
SABBM
Agreed.
Msm has been all over the place with their reporting about Kelsey.... hence the discrepancy in everything, including what people are trying to post and ask here at WS.

Forgive me as I just started with Kelsey's store here on WS (although I've been on WS many many years).
My two main questions:
- do we know why they lived separately even with a daughter?
- do we know why she wasn't reported missing sooner?
I'm pretty sure these have been answered on here but I'm hoping a kind soul will catch me up with those two questions.

I work for a state agency and my division is fairly small and close knit so our whole team frequently texts or emails to take leave. We have flexible jobs and can easily work from home or push due dates back a week or more if needed. If I want planned leave then I email my direct supervisor but when I am sick/my kid is sick/just need a mental health day/car issue/house issue then I just send her a text and let her know my plans for leave. I haven't physically called in for any type of leave in years.
Yes, and Kelsey worked for a company whose customers included the US Military. If she texted them on Sunday to say she wouldn't be in that week, would they be able to cover all of her classes for that week with almost no prior notice? Is there an extra instructor available or do they cancel all those classes and lose that income?
MOO

Last edited:
Forgive me as I just started with Kelsey's store here on WS (although I've been on WS many many years).
My two main questions:
I'm pretty sure these have been answered on here but I'm hoping a kind soul will catch me up with those two questions.
The best we have is that they didn’t live together because of financial issues that had inhibited their ability to buy a home together.

-This particular explanation isn’t good enough for me.

As to why the fiancé didn’t report her missing, in the words of the police chief to the media:

“You’d have to ask him that.”

Her mom became concerned when she hadn’t heard from her daughter, and ultimately reported her missing about a week after she was last seen.

I wonder if anyone from her work tried to call her to see if she was OK.

My two main questions:

According to Kelsey' mom they didn't
Have the funds to buy a house together.

We don't really know why she was not reported missing earlier.

It pinged just north of Twin Falls, and if I remember correctly, north of Twin Falls is very remote.
Has any one considered the price of avgas in Gooding? If someone was trying to make it look like she was going/went on a trip, Gooding is a good half way point between CO and her family in Washington OR Idaho (looking on a map) and perhaps had planned to make it "look like" she went there on her own accord in a plane, or with someone else, in a plane. Her phone being mailed there is not realistic given other pings, battery life etc. Not trying to be skeptical, just curious if anyone had considered that as Gooding is not a reasonable stop off of the interstate if she was traveling by car and had stopped for gas. There are gas stations in Wendell that would have made more sense to stop at if this was the case - makes no sense to otherwise travel into Gooding. JMO

This is certainly a puzzling and worrying situation, I’d be very interested in what her employer told LE. How they take time off requests, whether or not this absence was expected, how they coped with her sudden departure. I think the answers we all want will be in the still-confidential details, but for now I don’t know what to think o_O

This is certainly a puzzling and worrying situation, I’d be very interested in what her employer told LE. How they take time off requests, whether or not this absence was expected, how they coped with her sudden departure. I think the answers we all want will be in the still-confidential details, but for now I don’t know what to think o_O

I wonder if they have talked to her boss, co workers, current and former students.

It litterally could be anyone she knew

The media is causing a chaotic scene and they can't even get the correct timeline right. By not talking and yelling at media to get off a property is not screaming guilt. There is no public evidence to convict anyone yet. His life is already ruined by social media platforms and rumors alone.

Here’s a pretty solid timeline as to how this case developed. It’s from earlier today, and I can’t find any innnacuracies in it (important considering what we’ve seen lately).

Cheryl said she spoke with her daughter twice on Thanksgiving, including once when Kelsey needed the details of a recipe.

“Her voice was fine,” her mother said. “It was a normal day for her.”

Cheryl said her daughter did not live with her fiance, Frazee, with whom she has a 1-year-old daughter, but that they have a strong bond.

“The relationship has been good,” said Cheryl. “They’re loving.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insideedition.com/kelsey-berreth-case-what-know-about-missing-colorado-mom-last-seen-thanksgiving-day-49154?amp

Last edited:
I think if I texted in saying that I'd be off for a week, my manager would follow up with a phone call. We are supposed to arrange absences in advance and have them approved. Sick time/emergencies would be different, and I could email in.

Newbie here so forgive me if this may have been asked or answered previously, and I know there are ALOT of unknowns in this case, but why are they not organizing a search party where her phone pinged?? As a mom I’d want that area searched. They can narrow it down to a 1 mile radius, why not at least check the area?

They might have it narrowed down but it might be a location on private property. In that case they would have to get a search warrant before they could search and that can take some time. I remember when another KB-- K@la Br0wn was being held captive in a shipping container by Todd Kohlhepp the police had the last ping of her phone on TK's property for a while before they could move forward with a search of the property. I cannot recall how long it took for the warrant but it was months before she was found.

Well PF is smart not to give interviews because the Watts case brought out major drama. Not talking does not mean guilty. Any interview ppl will RIP the shreds out of anyone. Can you blame the guy for not talking. I'm on the fence until LE throws out bread crumbs.

That's why I can't stand all the social media craziness about him. There will be plenty of time for that should he be responsible. Right now we can all be assured of the fact that he is talking to LE and they are asking questions of him that may, or may not, lead to KB.
We don't know that PF is still "talking" to LE now that he has an attorney and has turned over his phone, provided DNA, etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow