AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitzgerald stated he was confident jayme alive at time of shooting partly due to 911..

Is it also possibly the reason he dismisses the neighbors time of shooting is James/Denise are heard on the 911 call...

They have all the phones ... likely know who sounds like who..

Would explain his indifference to neighbors.. there heard on 911 call alive... 12:53. there at house in 4-7 minutes... both dead..
But, I thought there were no voices on the 911 call, only a lot of noise. But, maybe that is why they're not releasing it.

Agree! Usually in tragic situations coworkers will speak about the victims, state that they had worked with them for several years, ten years, fifteen years, etc. We hear quotes like “He/she was a hard worker, on the company softball team, had an office next to me” or something similar.

They both worked at that plant for many years, many other employees must have known them, or at least associated with them.

Yet silence.
I agree!! Even students from the school arent speaking out much about Jayme.... nobody is very odd

I have been sitting here looking at the front of that house, the windows, the small front porch and imagining in the dark of night what transpired, I picture JC inside looking out the living room windows and if he had any suspicion of what he was seeing why did he go to the door. Also, if he was in the living room watching TV or at least with the light on the perp/perps could see him really well and would know DC was or wasn't there with him.
I wonder if one of the people was a woman who was there to take Jayme while the man took out JC and DC.
I can think of one good reason, which I'll explain below.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/N2P0_lOJC8Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Still looks like a bullet hole to me in the 2nd to the right window next to the stairs. I've seen many photos and it is in all of them. Doesn't fit with the LE statement of 5 feet in but to me it looks like a bullet hole. Zoom in closer if you know how
Thanks for pointing that out, it gave me fresh perspective to look at.

Jayme was already sleeping, and the parents were getting ready to go to bed when they heard a car pull into the driveway. Looking out the window and seeing whose car it was caused both to react. Denise ran to get her phone (which was in whichever room that window leads to) and James went to lock the door (which they may have normally kept unlocked. The guy may have expected everyone to already be asleep because they had work/school in the morning, and knew they never locked their doors. His plan may have originally been to slip in through the front door and kill them in their sleep.

Denise calls 911 just as the guy gets to the front door. He hears the lock click and starts yelling for James to open the door. She is so upset that she doesn't say anything on the phone, and just looks out the window to see what's happening. He starts kicking the door and sees her in the window as the door gives in; the sound of the door/frame breaking startles Denise enough to make her drop the phone which disconnected the call and sends the phone bouncing several feet away from her. He quickly shoots James through the open door way and then turns and shoots her through the window.

Jayme hears the noise and comes out of her room to see what's happening. She sees her father laying there and runs over there because the doorway is blocked by the shelves and she doesn't see the guy in the doorway. When she gets there, he just grabs her and leaves. The reason they don't believe he went in more than 5 feet is that there was blood all around James' head and anyone going past him would have to step in it and leave tracks. The reason they don't think Jayme resisted is that they can see her footprints in the blood and they lead straight to the door.

I know this would take a lot of luck and coincidences, but it is slightly possible. MOO

ETA: After reading oceanblueeyes' post, I realized that this doesn't explain how the 911 call helped tell them that Jayme was there and alive, so I'll change it just a bit. Maybe she heard the noise and ran to Denise (who seems like she may have been Jayme's source of comfort) and yelled something then or when the door burst open. She may have waited a moment until she thought the guy was gone to go check on her father (or may have left through the glass doors), only to find he was still there.

Last edited:
Fitzgerald stated he was confident jayme alive at time of shooting partly due to 911..

Is it also possibly the reason he dismisses the neighbors time of shooting is James/Denise are heard on the 911 call...

Would explain his indifference to neighbors.. there heard on 911 call alive... 12:53. there at house in 4-7 minutes... both dead..

It wouldnt take but a few seconds..way under a minute to shoot and instantly kill both parents.

Imo Denise wasnt heard on the 911 call. Imo she was dead before the dispatcher could pick up.

Fitzgerald said the commotion heard on the enchanced 911 call seemed to be happening or coming from another room from where Denise's phone was located. Which as we know was in the same area where both Jim and Denise were found. Fitzgerald believes the suspect kicked the phone away and it happened to land closer to where Denise lay dead than Jim's dead body which means they were found in the same general area not far from each other.

Imo they know Jayme was alive at the time both of her parents were murdered is they hear Jayme's voice on the enhanced 911 call in the commotion Fitzgerald said was coming from another room.

I believe they heard her screaming for someone to help her hoping her screams would be heard on the outside of her home.

I haven't seen anything Fitzgerald has said that indicates Jayme even knew her mom had tried to call 911 before being shot dead in the same close area Jim was also in when he was instantly killed. Jim was shot first right before Denise was killed seconds later. Imo

Imo when both Jim and Denise heard the disturbance at the front door they more than likely screamed out to Jayme to stay in her room and not come out.

The commotion heard on the 911 call is when the suspect knew both parents were dead and it was then he turned his attention to forcing Jayme from her home.

Jmo though

Agree! Usually in tragic situations coworkers will speak about the victims, state that they had worked with them for several years, ten years, fifteen years, etc. We hear quotes like “He/she was a hard worker, on the company softball team, had an office next to me” or something similar.

They both worked at that plant for many years, many other employees must have known them, or at least associated with them.

Yet silence.
Someone mentioned Gardner’s post (which was posted in the last thread?), which lists all the different people who have spoken publicly about the family. It is an impressive list. I’m not sure what more they should be doing that they haven’t already done. Call a press conference? Sure. Then they’d be accused of injecting themselves into the case. The amateur sleuths would cast suspicion on them, picking apart their every word. This case has not lacked for coverage. The problem is that, when LE has developed no new leads, there is nothing more to report.

I also believe both James and Denise were killed before the 911 call was made, and that the neighbours account of hearing the gunshots is true. I think Mrs Smrekar misread her bedroom clock and that the time of the gunshots was 12.51 am. So the timeline would be:

12.51 - Gunshots heard (killing James and Denise)

12.53 - 911 call (by Jayme)

12.54 - Call ended (by perp)

12.55 - Perp takes Jayme and leaves

12.51 to 12.55 - 4 minutes in total. This fits the Sheriff's timescale.

I would like to address the 6400 cars per day. The road near my house that I take every day for work has 8600 cars per day according to that map. Monday through Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, I could see that. At times other than that, I might see a car every so often and at 12:30 am, very few cars go by. I then checked a busier road that had 23,000 vehicles a day. I can take that road on Saturday around 6:00 a.m and see maybe five or six cars the entire time I'm on it. I would guess that many people that are employed at Jenni-O take the road by the Closs home twice a day and depending on the number of shifts, that adds up. I guess my point is that 6400 vehicles per day can be deceiving.

The point is that she would be waiting for the bus or getting off of the bus. Those would be times when there are cars as opposedto the other hours of the day

But, I thought there were no voices on the 911 call, only a lot of noise. But, maybe that is why they're not releasing it.

Fitzgerald gives vague answers on 911 call, the operator says yelling, I don’t know tbh if they actually have useful conversation on that call or not. Hope it’s more than jayme yelling..

Below is sample of what can be done... no idea how bad or inaudible the call is .. hope they got something useful...from fbi improvements...

Where will Jayme's Christmas tree be located this year .......?

Fitzgerald gives vague answers on 911 call, the operator says yelling, I don’t know tbh if they actually have useful conversation on that call or not. Hope it’s more than jayme yelling..

Below is sample of what can be done... no idea how bad or inaudible the call is .. hope they got something useful...from fbi improvements...

Wow! That's huge. I hope they've gotten that nuch clarity....thanks!!

The point is that she would be waiting for the bus or getting off of the bus. Those would be times when there are cars as opposedto the other hours of the day
Does Jayme wait for the school bus alone? Busy highway, in the dark...that doesn't fit. jmo

I would like to address the 6400 cars per day. The road near my house that I take every day for work has 8600 cars per day according to that map. Monday through Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, I could see that. At times other than that, I might see a car every so often and at 12:30 am, very few cars go by. I then checked a busier road that had 23,000 vehicles a day. I can take that road on Saturday around 6:00 a.m and see maybe five or six cars the entire time I'm on it. I would guess that many people that are employed at Jenni-O take the road by the Closs home twice a day and depending on the number of shifts, that adds up. I guess my point is that 6400 vehicles per day can be deceiving.
6400 cars per day works out to one car every 13.5 seconds 24/7 (and your road at 8600 cars per day works out to 1 car every 10 seconds). I don’t think that stat means 6400 cars drive past the Closs home every day, that’s ridiculous. More than likely it means 6400 cars per day drive at some point on Hwy 8. That’s 280 miles of highway, I’d believe 6400 in that case.

6400 cars per day works out to one car every 13.5 seconds 24/7 (and your road at 8600 cars per day works out to 1 car every 10 seconds). I don’t think that stat means 6400 cars drive past the Closs home every day, that’s ridiculous. More than likely it means 6400 cars per day drive at some point on Hwy 8. That’s 280 miles of highway, I’d believe 6400 in that case.

The stats have been posted several times. It apparently is by her house.

The shots heard dont necessarily have to be the shots that killed James and Denise, and I think its probable that they were not. But I still believe the neighbor heard them, what I dont know is why they were fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member