GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

Motion is attached. It's about limiting information about the case being disclosed to the public via the press/police/lay witness to avoid allegedly impinging his right to a fair trial.

If anyone wants me to post other docs from this case, just let me know, so we can avoid speculation.

ETA: Here's a media summary of the proceedings (auto play video): ‘No comment’ Focus of Catholic Supply murder court hearing on media coverage
Thank you for the description. Without it I would not understand.

Thanks for posting this. Sorry I was wrong there is conflicting information about what this type of order as it appears it can be used for different things.

No worries! I'm glad folks are interested in the case.

I am happy to post docs so sleuthing can be based on the contents of the court docs, or directed to the many other worthy cases.

Hi Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming the most patient attorney in the world JimmyPerez.

JimmyPereze had to wait about a decade to become verified and I really appreciate his patience.

Remember verified members do not need to provide links, they can make a statement of fact without back up. However, it is up to you whether you believe a verified member. If you chose not to believe them please scroll by and do not argue.

You can ask questions of verified members but it is up to the member to decide to answer your question or not.

JimmyPereze welcome to Websleuths as our latest verified Attorney at Law.

Tricia

Hi Everyone,

JimmyPereze had to wait about a decade to become verified and I really appreciate his patience.

Remember verified members do not need to provide links, they can make a statement of fact without back up. However, it is up to you whether you believe a verified member. If you chose not to believe them please scroll by and do not argue.

You can ask questions of verified members but it is up to the member to decide to answer your question or not.

Tricia
Awesome. Welcome!

Hi Everyone,

Tricia

Yes, welcome!

Another possible TB crime being explored - home invasion assault of a 70 year old woman (autoplay video): Accused Catholic Supply store killer tied to September home invasion

Quotes from the piece from an unidentified neighbor of the victim:

“A man had came and attacked this elderly woman and he knocked on the door and she just cracked it open and he pushed the door open,” the neighbor said. “Apparently, he said he was there for something so she brought the door open more to here and he pushed the door open and attacked her.

We’re not identifying this man to protect the identity of his neighbor, who’s an assault victim. He said she was attacked during dinner time. He added that the victim is over 70.
“He had her on the ground apparently and she must’ve beat him off with a cane. She’s one tough elderly woman,” he said.​

Another possible TB crime being explored - home invasion assault of a 70 year old woman (autoplay video): Accused Catholic Supply store killer tied to September home invasion

“A man had came and attacked this elderly woman and he knocked on the door and she just cracked it open and he pushed the door open,” the neighbor said. “Apparently, he said he was there for something so she brought the door open more to here and he pushed the door open and attacked her.

We’re not identifying this man to protect the identity of his neighbor, who’s an assault victim. He said she was attacked during dinner time. He added that the victim is over 70.
“He had her on the ground apparently and she must’ve beat him off with a cane. She’s one tough elderly woman,” he said.​

Hope they are getting some good evidence from the Kia (and the vehicle he was driving during the time of the Catholic Supply murder). If this turns out to be a Bruce crime, it’s edging up the notches toward him being a serial offender. Interesting, too, that in both these crimes- if connected- he drove there.

TB being tied to another crime so quickly doesn't surprise me at all. I think he clearly has been a serious criminal for years if not decades. I suspect he will be tied to more crimes in the coming weeks/months. I hope one is the Delphi murders.

Whoa. I didn't see this coming.

I did expect him to be tied to other crimes, but not one that seems to have a different M.O.

Then again, maybe not so different? The Catholic Store attack is shocking because of the location and victims, and this home-invasion crime is shocking because of the victim. (And if Delphi is a connection, that is also shocking.)

Mr. Nice Guy likes to shock nice females in secret.

Seriously didn't expect an elderly victim (who fought him off!).

Thinking aloud here...I wonder if his experience with this fighting older victim made him more trigger-happy when the age 50'ish victim at the Catholic supply store defied his demands. Speculation only.

jmopinion

For our E.U. WS friends: Accused Catholic Supply store killer tied to September home invasion

Some pertinent info from the link:

*Home invasion. Perp/TB knocked on door of a residence. Pushed his way in, claiming to be a military vet asking for help.
*Attack happened at dinner time. (I don't see the date?)
* Victim was in her 70s. He attacked her. He had her on the ground, she fought him off with a cane. (!)
* He was driving a 2017 Kia at the time of this crime. It's the same car he was driving in the road rage incident on Oct 17. It is not the same car he was driving at the time of the Catholic supply store crime as his Kia was in the shop after the road-rage crash.
*Kia is a plum color and has a "Navy veteran" sticker. LE asking public if they remember seeing anything suspicious with that car. LE is examining the Kia.

A bit more info from this article: Alleged Catholic Supply killer a suspect in separate assault of elderly woman, police say

"Police say the woman and Bruce did not know each other and this appears to be a 'stranger on stranger' assault.

According to police, the victim attacked at her home has identified Bruce as the person that assaulted her. The elderly victim was not seriously injured during the incident, police say."

Yeah, that is weird he didn’t seriously hurt her, although some kind of hurt must’ve happened. Not ready to hang my hat on a connection, but his face has been plastered all over the media, so it makes me think she would know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back