CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize her family funded the purchase. I thought it was traditional financing. Understanding the money came from them makes a difference and I agree with you. Thanks for clarifying it.

She does have normal financing from a private lender. 5% interest rate for 30 years, provided by Flying 7 Land Co LLC

Attachments

• 75A42B15-9EB3-4D60-8989-4C2FDAD5E845.png
    75A42B15-9EB3-4D60-8989-4C2FDAD5E845.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 36
Kelsey's parents provided the mortgage via an LLC that is set up in Washington State.
Thank you that is what I thought. And they own the LLC correct? So the mortgage could just be paper - meaning she doesn't make payments to the LLC but also can't convey the property or get a 2nd mortgage - we routinely do this for family members who want to help but also want to protect the property.

I'll never, ever understand why LE cannot question a POI. I imagine there are no POIs yet? Is LE allowed to question a suspect if they have evidence to support their suspicions, such as witnesses, location of body, etc. I really do not understand why someone can refuse to be questioned, at least.
The U.S. Constitution (specifically 5th Amendment) may help you understand.

FBI investigators search the home of the fiance of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth | Daily Mail Online

Greg Couch, Sheriff’s Office PIO at the scene, told Daily Mail.com: 'We’re just giving him a courtesy ride off the property.

'He just left in one of those two cars. We’re just giving him a ride, I don’t know where he’s en route to but he was on the property when we got here.

'When we do a search warrant we remove everyone so he’s gone.'.

Sounds funny to me. We know he has a vehicle, we've seen him get into it when reporters were trying to talk to him. Why would he want a ride to "somewhere" and be stranded there without a ride. Unless of course LE is now his personal chauffer. MOO of course.

Duh, nevermind.... they aren't going to let him take a vehicle, they will search all of them.

I'm slow today. :(o_O:rolleyes:

Last edited:
FBI investigators search the home of the fiance of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth | Daily Mail Online

Greg Couch, Sheriff’s Office PIO at the scene, told Daily Mail.com: 'We’re just giving him a courtesy ride off the property.

'He just left in one of those two cars. We’re just giving him a ride, I don’t know where he’s en route to but he was on the property when we got here.

'When we do a search warrant we remove everyone so he’s gone.'.
Who else lives there- and why haven't we seen any of them yet?

Colorado police search property of missing woman's fiance
Police did not immediately disclose any information about the purpose of the search at the property in the tiny community of Florissant, south of Denver. Police announced that they would hold a news conference Friday afternoon to provide updated information about the disappearance of 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth.

Frazee has not been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Berreth, a pilot who works as a flight instructor for an aviation company. Public records show that property associated with Frazee’s name in Florissant covers 35 acres (14 hectares).

Teller County Sheriff spokesman Commander Greg Couch said Frazee was on the property when investigators arrived Friday morning to conduct the search. Couch said Frazee was not arrested.

Frazee’s attorney, Jeremy Loew, said in a statement that his client is continuing to cooperate with the investigation. Loew said Frazee was not asked to participate in the property search.

Police said they found both of Berreth’s cars outside her Woodland Park home.

Police also said Doss Aviation, Berreth’s employer, has accounted for all their planes and police have no reason to believe she used someone else’s plane for a flight.

What happens to the baby if he is jailed? Do they just automatically put her parents in charge of the baby?
As the custodial parent he would have a say in who takes temporary custody of the baby *unless* KB's family files for temporary custody in family court and makes a case for why they should have temporary custody.

Sounds funny to me. We know he has a vehicle, we've seen him get into it when reporters were trying to talk to him. Why would he want a ride to "somewhere" and be stranded there without a ride. Unless of course LE is now his personal chauffer. MOO of course.

Probably because his vehicles are subject to the warrant so he can’t use them

Police have taken custody of all the vehicles on his mom's property. He can't drive away in one.

I imagine that his cars will be searched so he wouldn't be allowed to take one.

Finally caught up with this fast-moving thread. Thinking of Kelsey and her family today for sure. Everyone wants her found but not like this... :(

Not sure about the relevance of her mortgage - 1% down programs are available for those with excellent credit, especially in areas where rents are obscene. I assume CO is getting nearly as bad as here outside Seattle and absolutely understand saving money via a mortgage. Perhaps PF didn’t qualify? I wonder if they ever attempted to buy a house together?

She would have likely been underwater if she tried to sell. She didn’t have much down, realtor fees would be added in, and she would have had most of her payments so far going towards interest and PMI, so I think the relevance is just that it wouldn’t be easy for her to sell.

Maybe she also didn’t buy with PF because they aren’t married, she wanted to remain independent, and in the event something happened between them, it’s her asset. Nice and clean.

Nelson Garcia on Twitter
Teller County Sheriff’s Deputies have blocked off the road to the home of the fiancé’ of Kelsey Berreth as investigators execute a search warrant. The Woodland Park mom has been missing since Thanksgiving. #9NEWS

DuZl_2iU0AAjaPe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member