OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal Court:
Pike County: Father accused in Rhoden massacre faced prior felonies
This is my first attempt to reply, bear with me.
The $2,500 Sears clothing debt is very odd....
PUZZLES, You did a great job on your reply. Writing off a Sears CC (revolving debt) is normal for people declaring BK...but what I found profoundly odd is that they did it for only $10,000 in total debt? Unbelievable... couldn't they make that selling some of their expensive animals? GW must have used all his cash paying his fines for receiving stolen property.
And since one of the "news topics" has been about the Sheriff's Dept, I was relieved it is only about $$$$. I read there was a problem before about using money for safety equipment; the department used allocated funds for MARCS radio scanners instead. Not a big deal to me. Next, there might be some fiscal compliance issues, personal vs business....but hardly enough to derail the most infamous murder investigation in Ohio.

My understanding it’s an anonymous complainant that came out of no where. I’ll post link.

That is my understanding as well. I do know that Charlie Reader retained a class act attorney whom I know very well, and IMO there will be "no there, there."

There has been at least three dingbats going after Charlie for some time now, and my guess is... they might be behind this banter. JMO.

I can only think of two relatives besides RW. Because most of the family is in jail.

Interestingly, we discussed this last night. I thought RAW was at JWs arraignment, originally.
Just off the top of my head, I believe it was AW's brother (RN's son) and a female with him could be wife, sister or cousin.
Another thought, I hope the judge making decision on AW's request for: change of venue, change of clothes and take the Death Penalty off the table is a guy with a strong backbone. Change of venue and clothes, no problem. But, the Death Penalty stays on the table. I just don't get it, these attys are DP certified in a field they now claim is unconstitutional??? Okay, then fire all DP attys and save a lot of money. Hand out LWOP for all heinous murderers. "Opinions welcome"o_O

Last edited:
PUZZLES, You did a great job on your reply. Writing off a Sears CC (revolving debt) is normal for people declaring BK...but what I found profoundly odd is that they did it for only $10,000 in total debt? Unbelievable... couldn't they make that selling some of their expensive animals? GW must have used all his cash paying his fines for receiving stolen property.
And since one of the "news topics" has been about the Sheriff's Dept, I was relieved it is only about $$$$. I read there was a problem before about using money for safety equipment; the department used allocated funds for MARCS radio scanners instead. Not a big deal to me. Next, there might be some fiscal compliance issues, personal vs business....but hardly enough to derail the most infamous murder investigation in Ohio.

It was a grant that was applied for and awarded during the previous sheriffs adm. Reader spent grant funds for an unallowable purchase. As a grant advisor they can be very complex and difficult to keep straight. Reader probably didn’t know and wasn’t informed. Everyone makes that mistake at least once.

As all the State Auditor people said “we kne nothing,this came out of left field. “

Probably the Flying Waggie Farms Alphalfa field. Imo

Just off the top of my head, I believe it was AW's brother (RN's son) and a female with him could be wife, sister or cousin.
Another thought, I hope the judge making decision on AW's request for: change of venue, change of clothes and take the Death Penalty off the table is a guy with a strong backbone. Change of venue and clothes, no problem. But, the Death Penalty stays on the table. I just don't get it, these attys are DP certified in a field they claim is now unconstitutional??? Okay, then fire all DP attys and save a lot of money. Hand out LWOP for all heinous murderers. "Opinions welcome"o_O

Thanks, IQ. I was curious about relatives as I’m trying to determine if a JW is a family fave.

I agree about the DP. Now, we don’t know what will happen but should the DP be taken off the table, then she needs new attys., right?
I suppose the request will be made for the other three, as well.
After the arrests, it was first reported trial could take five years. Today, I’ve read “a year or two”. So maybe things will move along faster than originally anticipated.

Another thought, I hope the judge making decision on AW's request for: change of venue, change of clothes and take the Death Penalty off the table is a guy with a strong backbone. Change of venue and clothes, no problem. But, the Death Penalty stays on the table. I just don't get it, these attys are DP certified in a field they now claim is unconstitutional??? Okay, then fire all DP attys and save a lot of money. Hand out LWOP for all heinous murderers. "Opinions welcome"o_O
Adding to my thoughts. If the W4's were caught exiting Union Hill Rd, encountered LE and a shoot out occurred. Would anyone be questioning their lives, as constitutionally protected, if they were shot leaving the scene with weapons drawn? Hmmm, so the trick to avoiding the DP is to escape arrest for 2 years and then play on the sympathies of the court?

I highly doubt it, IQ.

Boy, it’s agony not having any new info to dissect. I can’t wait for the trials (at least one) to begin.
Think about this, the first person to stand trial gets convicted & (hypothetically) gets the DP.
IMO, that would prompt at least two to plead guilty, avoiding trial. Hoping for LWOP.
Again, the state would have to agree.

Is it required for all to have a separate trial, or is it possible to have one trial and 4 separate juries? In my head, I see a domino affect of each one asking be in "street clothes" and "not wanting to be in shackles" for their trial. Frankly, that sounds extremely dangerous for the bailiffs/officials who are in the court room. Pandemonium could break out at any given moment....IMO not a safe scenario.
"Escape and revenge" has already been mentioned by prosecutors as a topic of one conversation.
Another great day of reading posts and sharing thoughts...good night.
ps..you're a Trooper, Trudie.:)

Last edited:
That is incorrect. Fredericka was as much involved (probably more-so) in the everyday businesses alongside Bob. She was the brains, he the brawn.

If it was her, why is the horse breed called the Georgian Grande and it says it was developed by George Wagner, Jr.?
George Wagner Jr., an Ohio breeder set out with the ambition of developing horses that would possess the stocky and athletic look of the Saddlebreds of the past. Keeping this in mind, he blended the genes of the Friesian, draft and Saddlebreds to design a stylish equine breed that were energetic, also being large-sized along with a smooth gait. The foundation stone of the International Georgian Grande Horse Registry was laid in the year 1994, with this breed also being accepted and acknowledged by the American Horse Council, the United States Dressage Federation All Breeds Council.

Again, just so know one is confused, I was only suggesting FW had the resources to perhaps “buy” custody. But, I like your theory. Idk how the trailer was going to be paid for, do you? Loan, land contract or rent to own?

Since LE refers to G3 as the mastermind, they MUST have something on tape. What? Maybe someone saying “it was all your idea dad” or “wish you’d never gotten us involved, dad”. Otherwise, why would they consider him the mastermind?

I can’t wait for dated. receipts either. When and where did they do all their shopping?

One month prior to the murders, CR1 purchased a trailer with six acres, for his ex, HMR, CR2, S, and the new baby. He paid $30k down on the property with cash, and the rest was pay via a loan. Could have been a portion of income from some of his business endeavors though.

I took it to mean that he didn't know about the website as a place to post for assistance.
Rsd, I think you are right. It boggles me though to read about the legal fees when the defendants are accused of forging documents. There could be a simple explanation.

It bugs me even more because the grandmother RN alledgedly assisted in the forgery and the mother AW guided JW to .

It doesn't smell very good. A bit like our sauerkraut.

The reason I think he’s MR is because he is and has been drawing SSI, correct? Also he may have been afraid of losing his benefits if he did work, unless it was under the table.
Charm? Okay. I guess he charmed AW, at some point.
I find him less than charming. But, that’s MOO.

I don't know which one reported the SSI. It could be that he was injured at some point, as a child, or an adult. Working with horses can be dangerous. I've had some bad spills, and injuries, myself, from working with them over the years. Stroke or brain injury can inhibit your abilities but you wouldn't be mentally retarded. I know people who have had strokes, and its' affected their speech, and ability to work a regular job, but they are not mentally retarded.

As for charm, he may not appear charming to you, but, he and AW have been together for over 20 years. He may not be the person she thought she was marrying. Very well-mannered and polite prior to the marriage, and might still be to his mother. More flies with honey. He then does what he wants after he's told FW what she wants to hear. Again, personal experience, I have a friend whose former husband was nice looking, well mannered, women loved him, as did his mother, but he beat the Holy Hell out of my friend on a regular basis. No one knows a home's dynamics from looking in from the outside. We can guess though.

I don’t hold the parent of a grown child responsible for the child’s actions. IMO, G3 had the same opportunities, if not more, as his siblings. Once one reaches adulthood, parents have little, if any authority. I know mine had none.
I don’t know if G3 needs mental health care or not, only that his atty stated G3 has grade 7 education. I also have no way of knowing if his offspring require mental health care. Nor do I know if any of the three had mental health care & who may have paid for it, if in fact they received it.
As far as the perjury charges, to my knowledge, no info has been released. Idk if F lied in regards to the forged custody
docs’ or if her lie was focused on the murders. I do recall the prosecutor stating FW engaged in convo about revenge. And, iirc, the prosecutor said she didn’t believe FW would turn into a hitman.

I don't hold parents accountable for children's actions, who are 18 and older, especially those not living with them, but, as difficult as it would be, I'd have to tell the truth if pulled in front of a grand jury. Her son has a history. While it was not a violent history, it is a history. AW has a history too. While it's not a major felony, and it appears it was only one, it's still a felony. G3 even flashed a firearm at someone in a road rage incident. I'd have to answer truthfully, if under oath. Even if FW just lied, and told LE that they were with her the night of the 21st/morning of 22nd, that's unacceptable to me, no matter a mother's love. FW has no charges for forgery. IIRC Reader said very early on, that people were lying to them and they knew so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member