CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say up front that I know this is outlandishly unlikely, but in the interest of turning over unturned stones...

Does anyone know if we can confirm that Kelsey was the one who drove herself and the baby to Safeway?

I know we tend to think she went home and made cinnamon rolls after the grocery store, but is it at all possible that PF or another party drove them there and she never returned home from that point? (But he claims she did?)

Could that be why they haven’t released footage of her leaving the store? Or of her in the parking lot? Is there anyone else in that Safeway footage that is of interest?
It is always possible. It would certainly simplify a lot of this case.

Police continue to search home of missing woman’s fiance
Investigators are working around the clock as they continue to search the home of Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé in Florissant for a second straight day, the Woodland Park Police Department Chief said in a press release Saturday.

The multi-jurisdictional task force is searching the 35-acre property of Patrick Frazee, who has not been ruled out as a suspect in Berreth’s disappearance.

Details about what the search would cover on Saturday were not released, but Chief Miles J. De Young said the case “is the number one priority for the Woodland Park Police Department.”

During a press conference Friday, De Young said there were “a number of other things” done up through Thursday night that led to a judge signing off on a search warrant of Frazee’s home.
That's hard to believe since the search warrant was issued Thursday.

I’m new to this site but have read with interest recitations of known facts and various theories attempting to explain what might have happened. Having practiced law for almost 30 years including some as a prosecutor, outcomes are way more often than not the simplest and most logical. That judgment though is only possible when all of the facts are available. LE has gathered some and is gathering more at PF’s property. The public knows very little, so even quite reasonable analyses based on those few facts — some of which appear to be problematic for PF — may be flawed. Sorry if what I’m saying is obvious but, hopefully, LE is light years ahead of where the public is.
Welcome to Websleuths, Mae's Friend! :)

I’m new to this site but have read with interest recitations of known facts and various theories attempting to explain what might have happened. Having practiced law for almost 30 years including some as a prosecutor, outcomes are way more often than not the simplest and most logical. That judgment though is only possible when all of the facts are available. LE has gathered some and is gathering more at PF’s property. The public knows very little, so even quite reasonable analyses based on those few facts — some of which appear to be problematic for PF — may be flawed. Sorry if what I’m saying is obvious but, hopefully, LE is light years ahead of where the public is.

Welcome to WS, Mae's Friend!

Maybe it's me, but it does seem odd that KB would bake a batch of cinnamon rolls just for her and her daughter. Maybe she had an overnight guest? PF possibly? Or a new love interest?

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed.

Oh boy, I'm probably gonna regret this, but we don't know how many she baked, or if they were homemade or what. I'm remembering the large discussion from the other night also and don't want to crank that up again ;)

People confuse "prudent" with "typical". Something may be very smart to do. Like getting life insurance. Then there's human nature and what decisions mean.

If an attorney is telling someone not to talk to LE about their whereabouts during the crucial time AND THE CLIENT listens, there could be a sinister reason for that.

Most normal people who have a friend or loved one suddenly disappear, don't lawyer up and refuse to answer important questions. They just don't.

It doesn't have anything to do with practicalities. It has to do with how innocent people tend to act.
BBM. Very true! And the reason is because, if innocent, the worry for the missing person is a raw human emotion which overwhelms everything else. JMO

Police: Human Services Contacted In Regards To Missing Mother’s Baby
Saturday morning, investigators in Woodland Park who have been looking for a missing mother for nearly two weeks updated the case. They say officers have been in touch with the Teller County Department of Human Services regarding Kelsey Berreth’s young daughter.

The girl is currently being cared for by her father, Kelsey’s fiance, Patrick Frazee. Department officials say they don’t have evidence that the baby’s safety is at risk.

Investigators started searching Frazee’s home on Friday. They continued that search on Saturday. Authorities say the search could last three days. They also say they consider her disappearance “suspicious.”

RSBM

I've not seen this statement referenced before and apologize if I've somehow pooched reading it. Will you please provide a link to your source? TIA!

It is in the end, a statement made by Brandon Kindle, her brother-in-law.

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

"Kindle said Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity, he said."

Seems that not focusing on quantity (in my opinion = not dating much) might be a hindrance when people start dating. There are people of the opposite type who view dating as the second job and take it seriously (I don't mean it in a negative way). Ironically, they might be at a lesser risk as they would notice lying and red flags immediately, even in an online exchange. People without such experience might miss all the red flags.

P.S. It follows from the same article that Kelsey said she was traveling to.Soap Lake?

"She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit,” the aunt continued. “No one knew anything about the visit.”

Last edited:
Oh boy, I'm probably gonna regret this, but we don't know how many she baked, or if they were homemade or what. I'm remembering the large discussion from the other night also and don't want to crank that up again ;)

No, not the buns again!! :eek: I've wanted a Cinnabon for two days now...

None of us are going to be laughing if those cinnamon rolls actually do end up being critical evidence in this case.

Maybe it's me, but it does seem odd that KB would bake a batch of cinnamon rolls just for her and her daughter. Maybe she had an overnight guest? PF possibly? Or a new love interest?

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed.

The only thing that seems odd is that she didn’t eat all of them. Every single one. In one sitting. Because I would have . Excuse me as I go bake some cake (totally am going to bake a cake. Thanks everyone)

Is it possible she's faked her disappearance with the assistance of pf for insurance money? Her daughter would likely be the benificiary and we all know how he's been with her. Plus, the comment from cb that mentioned money being tight for pf... No big wedding... She's got her own place under her parents' company...
<mod fix broken quote>
Just because she got her mortgage from her parent's mortgage company does not mean that they are paying it.

Cops hunting for Colorado mum who vanished on Thanksgiving Day | Daily Mail Online
7467806-6499519-image-a-34_1544901702352.jpg
7467804-6499519-image-a-35_1544901711982.jpg

Police hunting for missing mom Kelsey Berreth insist her fiance poses no risk to their daughter despite cops searching his property with diggers and K9 search dogs.

They did not give any information about the search of Frazee's house, but said that the investigative team continues to conduct interviews and other casework in the effort to locate Kelsey.

In a news conference on Friday, police said Frazee, 32, is yet to sit down with detectives probing Kelsey's disappearance despite his lawyer telling the media he had been co-operating.

At the ranch Friday Frazee was driven away in a blacked out sheriff's department SUV with Kaylee in his arms - but was not arrested and did not answer officer's questions.

He used the conference to ask Frazee to sit down and talk to investigators 23 days after her disappearance.

The chief said they wanted to ask Frazee if he traveled at all in the days after Kelsey was last seen.

The police chief also revealed Frazee has not yet allowed Kelsey's mother - the grandmother of their one year old baby Kaylee - to see the child since her disappearance.

He said: 'Good question, no the grandmother has not seen her baby, her granddaughter at this time.'

I just wanted to say that I have been known to bake and eat an entire batch of cinnamon rolls all on my own depending on my emotional state, mood, hormones, etc. I'm not petite but I'm not overweight either. Sometimes I just feel like eating my feelings and cinnamon rolls are comfort food.

I want to know more about the cinnamon rolls!

Do we know for sure that she baked them?

Is it possible someone brought them to her?

And, were they the pre-made type, where you just throw ‘em in the oven, or were they made from scratch?
Those cinnamon rolls are sticky. CB said they were partially eaten, the remainder was left out.

KB had the baby in a hand carrier so she drove or rode in a car to Safeway. If she made it home after this trip, wouldn't she have wrapped, put in a container, refrigerated or frozen them when she brought in other grocery items? LE would definitely long since know what KB purchased and whether those items made it home.

The cinnamon buns left out are part of why I lean toward KB left her home in those clothes shortly after arriving from Safeway - about when PF says he only picked up baby - and that KB left not in her own vehicle, and with the expectation of dealing with the cinnamon buns when she returned later. She never returned later.

It is possible PF picked up the baby and KB was fine. Then KB went outside to go somewhere in her car and was abducted off her driveway, or she left willingly with unknown person. But these scenarios do not result in a SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie