OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whoever masterminded this plot was what we call a psychopath. And people who go along with a psychopath's agenda take on those traits as well, sort of brainwashed. So it would be a personality disorder, rather than an intellectual problem.

They did manage to elude police arrest for several years, so they were fairly smart.

"The symptoms of psychopathy include: lack of a conscience or sense of guilt, lack of empathy, egocentricity, pathological lying, repeated violations of social norms, disregard for the law, shallow emotions, and a history of victimizing others.

Read more: Hare Psychopathy Checklist - define, person, people, used, personality, score, traits, Definition, Purpose

I don’t think they eluded LE. I believe from day 2, one W (at least) was under surveillance. LE knew this crime was not carried out by one man so they had to collect evidence, conduct interviews, observe & listen. As time creeped by the 4 became more confident, made more mistakes & evidently talked. They were clearly under suspicion when they went north.
The last think the DA/State would want would be a rushed arrested with uncrossed Ts/undotted i’s. If anyone stood trial & was found not guilty, it would have been horrible.
Maybe LE wanted to arrest much sooner but it’s ultimately up to the DA to decide whether the evidence supports the case.

o “¿Por qué no ambos?” ;)

But seriously they could have got some of their money from illegal sources, some from FW, and may have even had some legit sources of income.

Maybe some of their toys/equipment belonged to Flying W. Idk.
It seems Fred didn’t just dole put money to them.
Anyone know how long the boys owned the Peterson Rd farm before selling it?

I think whoever masterminded this plot was what we call a psychopath. And people who go along with a psychopath's agenda take on those traits as well, sort of brainwashed. So it would be a personality disorder, rather than an intellectual problem.

They did manage to elude police arrest for several years, so they were fairly smart.

"The symptoms of psychopathy include: lack of a conscience or sense of guilt, lack of empathy, egocentricity, pathological lying, repeated violations of social norms, disregard for the law, shallow emotions, and a history of victimizing others.

Read more: Hare Psychopathy Checklist - define, person, people, used, personality, score, traits, Definition, Purpose

They can be quite charming, and they know when to turn it on, too. They have no empathy though. I can empathize with GW3's family, over what appears to have been a very difficult GW3, to raise, but not be sympathetic, to FW's situation that she has placed herself in, for lying to the Grand Jury. I don't know what she lied about, but if she covered for them, I'm unsympathetic if she has to wear an ankle monitor, or go to jail.

It's pretty much untreatable but not all psychopaths kill. Some are even very wealthy, cut-throat, businessmen. They have no feelings, for those they trample upon, while getting to the top.

Don’t think I can post the info, but a little research will tell you this hasn’t hampered biz for anyone.
I will have to search a little in my spare time.

I used to train dogs in agility and obedience, and we participated in competitions. Since most obedience and agility trials were held in conjunction with dog shows I spent a fair amount of time around dog show folks.

I also used to ride, and participated in enough events that I was on the fringe of equestrian circles.

Knowing a little about both groups of folks I can imagine that gossip about Fred is spreading like wildfire.

*Disclaimer: I have nothing at all against dog show or equestrian folks, and I do not intend to offend anyone. Your experiences may vary. I am speaking about my own experience from the specific area where I lived, during a fairly short period of time, and what I observed with my rather limited association.

GW3’s lawyer will still use that 7th grade education to his advantage, unfortunately. I hope the prosecution is prepared for this aspect. I still cannot understand why a woman as a mother would allow her 7th grader to drop out of school entirely. In the 1970s. We aren’t talking back in the 20s-40s when it was common to drop out of school at a young age. The W’s don’t appear to have faced financial hardships like a lot on the area, which would require a 7th grader to drop out to earn money to help support the family.

That atty's comment struck me as odd. It was about like saying my client is a dumbass and couldn't do something this complicated.
What else could he have been trying to imply?

GW3’s lawyer will still use that 7th grade education to his advantage, unfortunately. I hope the prosecution is prepared for this aspect. I still cannot understand why a woman as a mother would allow her 7th grader to drop out of school entirely. In the 1970s. We aren’t talking back in the 20s-40s when it was common to drop out of school at a young age. The W’s don’t appear to have faced financial hardships like a lot on the area, which would require a 7th grader to drop out to earn money to help support the family.

He may have been home schooled and not in public schools at all resulting in a 7th grade level education. Not sure about Ohio and non public school standards after what I have seen lately. Seems to have been a fair number of charter school scandals over the last several years here.

That atty's comment struck me as odd. It was about like saying my client is a dumbass and couldn't do something this complicated.

:rolleyes: ROFL! Dudly, I laughed out loud! That's pretty much what he was saying. He'll call that client ANYTHING to get him off of death row and hopefully a free man.

Things I am wondering about:

The Ws must have had passports, so after Fred became aware that the heat was on, she could have advised them to leave the country. And why did they return to Ohio?

Did Fred visit them during the time they were in Alaska? How did they communicate? Were they worried about phone lines being tapped?

Did Rita visit them in Alaska?

How close was Rita to the family? Was she aware of the custody issues? Or did she just find out after the murders?

The more I think about this case the more bizarre it gets.

Last edited:
Bought it in 2/2014 and sold it around early 2017, after the murders, for a loss. IIRC

Tysm! I remember they sold just ahead of the big move to the wilderness.

Was the farm gifted by FW, I know you say they bought it. We’re they to make payments?
I’ve found conflicting info on this property. Tysm

I think he was implying what you so eloquently posted. They have no other defense so use what’s fairly obvious (the not so bright part). This makes me wonder if this is gonna be a dog eat dog showdown. Even if the W’s don’t want it to be, are the attys gonna run the show and pit one against another? It’s gonna be a chaotic mess.

Maybe some of their toys/equipment belonged to Flying W. Idk.
It seems Fred didn’t just dole put money to them.
Anyone know how long the boys owned the Peterson Rd farm before selling it?
Looking at the history, they just might have broken even...real estate commissions and closing cost would have ensured "profits were negligible." (And the "bros" had already taken a $75K heloc on the property, that had to be repaid)
Property History for 260 Peterson Rd:
Feb. 4, 2014 W bros purchased for $175,000
Aug. 13, 2016 W bros listed for sale
March 10, 2017 W bros sold 13.8 acres for 35,000
March 10, 2017 W bros sold 50 ACRES with the 4bdrm 1ba house for $165,000
260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 4 beds/1 bath
(ps, anyone can access the history on this link, bottom lower left)

Last edited:
I seem to remember back in 2017 when researching the property that it did not have a mortgage recorded which would suggest a cash sale when JW and GW4 bought it.
Tysm. So Fred may have purchased it. The boys had no income to secure a mortgage, I wouldn’t think.
If she purchased it, they basically bilked her out of money when they sold it. Unless, of course, they returned her money.
If sold at a loss, they likely still profited. Unless as I said, they returned the money.

Things I sm wondering about:

The Ws must have had passports, so after Fred became aware that the heat was on, she could have advised them to leave the country. And why did they return to Ohio?

Did Fred visit them during the time they were in Alaska? How did they communicate? Were they worried about phone lines being tapped?

I think they were listened to and tracked every way possible the way DeWine sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74