CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn’t how it works. When there is a child, if the parents go and get a parenting plan, neither can move away without the court’s permission. If he wanted to keep the child in town, all he had to do was go and get a court order.

Unless you have a link about this third person, we can’t just assume they exist.

In the US and Colorado ... the parents can move anywhere they want, the courts adjust visitation.

But, there would not be much visitation for PF, once KB left the state.

Logistics and cost ... plus impact on the child, would reduce visitation to a few times a year ... when what PF was used to ... was daily, most every day.

MsBetsy, I think he told CB one thing and told LE another. Once CB and LE visited, things changed.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson...he told some people he went fishing, he told others he was playing golf. The biggest break LE got in that case was getting him to agree to be interviewed at the police station the night Laci disappeared so they had his initial story on tape. If PF had anything to do with KB's disappearance, he was smart not to speak to LE before he got a lawyer.

Several people have said, PF would have to stop for gas IF he took her and her phone to Gooding ID, but that’s not true. PF could have carried his own gas in containers - or he might have a diesel tank on his truck (my husband does).
If he left at 6 am - he arrives at 5:43pm to send texts. He would have left his phone at home - probably took the baby with him.
As a farrier - I’m assuming he travels to ranches - rather than customers coming to him - probably both - but I’m also assuming - he wouldn’t be missed for 24-26 hours to make the round trip without sleep (easily done by younger people).
I don’t know of ANY stranger who would care if her boss got a text message. It’s not a stranger, moo. Prayers for KB family ...

If you calculated the route during rush hour time in Denver, it would probably send you southern route tbh. That's an extra 2 hours of not moving, lol.

Good point. Interestingly though from Woodland Park, both recommended routes go through Denver first: Google Maps

I suppose if someone wanted to avoid Denver altogether they might also chose to cut over through Florisant first: Google Maps

Someone taking a phone as a misdirect might choose avoid Denver if they gave it any thought. I'm not familiar with the area, but I'm guessing Denver would be more likely to have cameras and license plate readers?
JMO.

I tend to think she was the reluctant one because of his financial problems.

It's cheaper for a couple to be together in one household than two. She appeared to be financially stable and perhaps she didn't want a leach. MOOooo
I am not sure that he had any financial problems, just told her that he wanted to be more financial to marry. He could have lived with her and the baby at her house and driven the 15 miles a day to his huge 35 acre mini ranch.

Good point. Interestingly though from Woodland Park, both recommended routes go through Denver first: Google Maps

I suppose if someone wanted to avoid Denver altogether they might also chose to cut over through Florisant first: Google Maps

Someone taking a phone as a misdirect might choose avoid Denver if they gave it any thought. I'm not familiar with the area, but I'm guessing Denver would be more likely to have cameras and license plate readers?
JMO.

if you took express lanes there's cams/license plate readers. not sure outside of that. maybe live cams of the interstate? are those backed up? no idea

I am not sure that he had any financial problems, just told her that he wanted to be more financial to marry. He could have lived with her and the baby at her house and driven the 15 miles a day to his huge 35 acre mini ranch.

Well summarized

He did take out several business loans (not that these indicate financial issues at all, but just business debt), the last being in 2016. I can’t see the amounts though. (ETA his latest associated UCC Filing in 2016)

Attachments

• 33472F20-9925-439A-B2FC-CC7721E48482.png
    33472F20-9925-439A-B2FC-CC7721E48482.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 4A8B92F4-706D-499F-925C-6D497E930FB1.png
    4A8B92F4-706D-499F-925C-6D497E930FB1.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
That's why it did not make sense to me when we first heard they were looking for a home but it was too expensive. A happy couple who have just had a baby would want to be together. They could have shared one place and saved money for another home. I think she was repeating to her mom all the things he was telling her.

Several people have said, PF would have to stop for gas IF he took her and her phone to Gooding ID, but that’s not true. PF could have carried his own gas in containers - or he might have a diesel tank on his truck (my husband does).
If he left at 6 am - he arrives at 5:43pm to send texts. He would have left his phone at home - probably took the baby with him.
As a farrier - I’m assuming he travels to ranches - rather than customers coming to him - probably both - but I’m also assuming - he wouldn’t be missed for 24-26 hours to make the round trip without sleep (easily done by younger people).
I don’t know of ANY stranger who would care if her boss got a text message. It’s not a stranger, moo. Prayers for KB family ...

there was no tank on the red truck that was towed.

but also him being a farmer, it wouldn't be uncommon to have his own fuel tank on his property. Would be easy for him to gas up a bunch of those little gas cans and there would be zero video of it.

It’s probably not much more than a petting zoo.

A docile cow named Bessie, and a horse named Mr. Ed.

Doubt he talks though.

I’m really interested to learn about their living arrangement.

He did take out several business loans (not that these indicate financial issues at all, but just business debt), the last being in 2016. I can’t see the amounts though.
Probably to lease cattle runs.
It’s probably not much more than a petting zoo.

A docile cow named Bessie, and a horse named Mr. Ed.

Doubt he talks though.

I’m really interested to learn about their living arrangement.
Two horses and ten head of cattle could live on a 35 acre property with good pasture year round. Otherwise it is hand feeding.

In the US and Colorado ... the parents can move anywhere they want, the courts adjust visitation.

But, there would not be much visitation for PF, once KB left the state.

Logistics and cost ... plus impact on the child, would reduce visitation to a few times a year ... when what PF was used to ... was daily, most every day.

They aren't supposed to. Most counties or states have a built in "area" such as 30 miles as to how far a custodial parent can go without having to ask the other parents permission legally. The non custodial parent can go wherever they want, but courts want the child to be in as stable environment as possible, with at least the chance to have both parents close at hand.
Now many are ignorant of the law or don't care, and LE will not help in these types of cases. You must go to court immediately to exert your right to keep your child near, which for many non custodial parents, they are neither knowledgeable nor do many have the funds to fight that battle immediately.

if you took express lanes there's cams/license plate readers. not sure outside of that. maybe live cams of the interstate? are those backed up? no idea

Not likely on those highways. The low observation allows people to maintain highway speeds in excess of 100 mph.

Those highways are straight, dull, fast and relatively uninterrupted.

I doubt there are more than just the few cams where the snow builds

With a smile ... I only claim the obvious

It is well known that a 3rd party love interest is almost always present in over-heated domestic situations that spark deadly.

Many on Holidays

For each media sensationalized domestic that did not involve a 3rd party ... we all can count 10 that did.

Scott Peterson, OJ and the recent Chris Watts ... are all the same ... 3rd party love interest

It is hard to find a domestic murder that does not involve a 3rd party love interest (or alcohol or abuse)

It is just the math of it

Sorry, but I think you are wrong. Jealousy is often a motive, but it’s more that the murderer is worried they will lose their partner to someone else. It also doesn’t mean the killer killed so that they could be free to date or marry someone else without losing their kid. This doesn’t mean there IS a someone else in every case.

Saying you are stating the obvious and that this will come out in the next few days makes it sound like you have inside info. You should get verified if this is the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member