CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also question the legitimacy of the engagement. What were they waiting for?
Maybe one side or the other wanted a pre-nup. I don't know. I don't think I have ever known a couple to have a relationship like theirs.

Here is one possible scenario, just thinking outloud here...

What if they spoke that morning, and mutually agreed to follow through with the break up they had already discussed the night before...

And maybe they made a simple mutual plan----KB agreed that the baby could attend a family Thanksgiving afternoon with PF and his family---but then he would drop her back off at KB's home late afternoon ...?

And they did it that way, but something bad happened when he went to see her late afternoon....
Another theory I have is that she had moved on but PF providing day care was convenient, reliable and she trusted him because he was the child's father. Why mess up something simple that works? Then perhaps PF realized that the two of them getting married one day was no longer in the cards and he confronted her about it.

I agree with this. Even if there were friends who were asked not to share certain details, wouldn't they still appear in social media doing things like staging fundraisers to help her family,... A woman missing in Michigan had colleagues who were briefed to abstain from sharing details about the case on social media but that didn't stop them from posting photos and encouraging words. I also question the legitimacy of the engagement. What were they waiting for?
Also, who supplied the 25k reward money?

You know what surprises me? We don't have any biography of KB. Except for her growing up in Moses Lake and getting a diploma in a community college in Big Bend. But what happened after that, where she lived, what jobs she had, when she moved to CO? I understand she moved in the context of relationship, but even this is unclear.

I understand that her parents may even be unaware of the details of her life in CO, but can one get a normal, regular life story before CO? I think it might be very helpful.

These thoughts and the questions asked in this post and a few of the following are in perfect line with where I have been since I started following this seriously. At the end of the day, after all that has been said and done, I don't think we know much about anything going on. I've read numerous posts here and comments elsewhere that were written with the basic premise that a crime was committed by a certain person. I have to say, I'm just not there yet. Only because, I don't believe I know anything that matters about this entire thing. So much being said by LE and the family these last couple of days completely contradicts much of what they said when all of this started. This case, the people involved, the information, so many things just don't seem to line up.

If the relationship between KB and PF is what it seems to be and if the family dynamic, both sides included, is what it seems to be, I have to admit, I understand why things feel like they do to so many people. If something happened to me one day, if I vanished, it would be awhile before anyone noticed. I keep to myself. I don't have coworkers. I rarely speak to my parents. My wife and son would wonder but, this is assuming I was in a similar situation as this one. Once my parents did realize I was missing, they are the type to withhold information about me and my life because positive public perception matters more to them than anything. They would never openly tell anyone my wife and I had a falling out or that we didn't get along most of the time.(I adore my wife. I'm simply trying to make a point.) They would never open up about things that happened in my past, things that might tarnish their precious reputation. I believe there are many people that are similar these days. I grew up in a family that would do or say just about anything to ensure family secrets stayed in the family. We always made sure the outside appearance was perfect despite what might have been happening behind closed doors. I can't help but feel like some of this may be similar. I am trying to stay objective with this for now, I want to look at it from a nuetral position until I know that's not possible. In doing so, I have to ask the question, is there any chance that KB and/or her mother and family had some past or present issues that caused difficulty? Is there something about her recent past or present that caused others to be concerned about her or the childs welfare? These types of things are what some folks tend to hold onto, out of fear of what others will think. It's all very confusing. I can't help but feel like certain folks in the middle of all this have made a choice to keep a lot of information in the family.

How close are they to Colorado Springs?
I'd be shaking in my boots if I had killed anyone and was in the same state as
Joe Kenda!
I see that they aren't too far.
Probably not the same jurisdiction and I'm sure Kenda is retired now, but still.
All of Kenda's quotes have been running through my mind in this case!
Well, well, well...
Moo

my my my

She just moved to the area in 2016 without knowing anyone except PF, had a baby, commuted 70 miles to work, was in a relationship, the baby's family provided childcare. As an instructor, her time at work was probably spent with students rather than c0-workers.

When in the world would she have had time to form a group of friends?

I see plenty of things suspicious in this case, but lack of friends in town speaking to the press about Kelsey is not one of them.

jmo

Edited to add: Also, I wouldn't expect anyone to miss her except her work people....and that was handled with a text. I would expect PF to miss her!

I would be interested in hearing what sort of arrangement they had with the baby. Was it a set schedule where if a breakup did occur it happened to be over his designated time with the baby and that’s why she left her with him? Or was there no real schedule (or it wasn’t his time with the baby)? Because if it’s the latter there’s no way I see her leaving the baby with him especially if the breakup allegation is true.

If the search ended sooner than expected what could that mean? They found something and it’s over? Or they searched and came up empty handed? To me it says they found something. Why else would they quit early? Moo

She just moved to the area in 2016 without knowing anyone except PF, had a baby, commuted 70 miles to work, was in a relationship, the baby's family provided childcare. As an instructor, her time at work was probably spent with students rather than c0-workers.

When in the world would she have had time to form a group of friends?

I see plenty of things suspicious in this case, but lack of friends in town speaking to the press about Kelsey is not one of them.

jmo

Edited to add: Also, I wouldn't expect anyone to miss her except her work people....and that was handled with a text. I would expect PF to miss her!
I agree. Being a new mother can be incredibly isolating. As a working mother, I know I am exhausted and sleep deprived and can barely keep my eyes open at night to watch a tv show let alone have a social life. I would be highly surprised if she had time to date either.

With a smile ... I only claim the obvious

It is well known that a 3rd party love interest is almost always present in over-heated domestic situations that spark deadly.

Many on Holidays

For each media sensationalized domestic that did not involve a 3rd party ... we all can count 10 that did.

Scott Peterson, OJ and the recent Chris Watts ... are all the same ... 3rd party love interest

It is hard to find a domestic murder that does not involve a 3rd party love interest (or alcohol or abuse)

It is just the math of it

This is opinion presented as fact. While it may be true in most cases, we at WS do not have evidence of this at all YET. I am sure LE is checking this out, but nothing points this way yet. Right now all we have is some possibly conflicting statements from PF and from KB's family members and not one has claimed such a thing, especially on KB's part. <modsnipped personalized unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
What is driving me crazy is if KB left (if, if, if) and IF she broke up with her boyfriend (fiance) WHY? would she give him her child and leave for almost a month without a word?

As a mom, especially one who is about to have another baby, I would never do this...never. Maybe she did? But it really sounds like a story a man would make up. Sorry, I know a lot of good fathers who wouldn't make up a story like this, but it seems like a logical cover-up and yet, in reality, I don't know many women who would break up with someone and then hand them their child. Especially a mom who makes their kiddo cinnamon rolls that morning.

I really hope she is alive and is reunited with her daughter and her family. As for her fiance or whatever, I just haven't seen even one ounce of love...nothing. It's sad.
As a mom of 2 adult women , it didn't happen.I would never have handed over my child, and then took off. Nope, I'm not buying it either.

As a mom of 2 adult women , it didn't happen.I would never have handed over my child, and then took off. Nope, I'm not buying it either.

Also, assuming she needed to have time to herself, wouldn't she call her mom to watch the baby?

I don’t want to dispute his parenting but based on his behavior and some of the recent visitors to our forum, I think there’s a desire to portray him as the parent who does the “work” caring for their daughter while implying KB does not, or that it would be easy for her to take off without her child. Maybe I’m just being sensitive, but it’s how I see it. I don’t like it as it feels a bit like a soft way to victim bash. Jmo.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member