CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry your family is judgemental. Kelsey's family doesn't appear to be that way. They've been described as close-knit. Her mother spoke to her twice on the day she was last seen and IIRC, she spoke with her brother several times a week.

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
"They're a very close-knit family. That's why I don't believe she'd just..." Garretson paused mid-sentence to wipe away tears. "She's got to see people are looking for her. She wouldn't put them through that."

Her cousin says taking off isn't like her, that's why they're so worried.

"There's no reason to think she intentionally is gone," said her cousin.
MOO

This. It just totally breaks my heart for her family.

Yea in laws are no picnic in a lot of cases and a lot of people wouldn’t want their baby alone with them. Not...that I would feel that way or anything....not me.
It could be PF’s family that didn’t approve, wasn’t accepting - that had some issue with KB. Mothers can be far more controlling of their son’s relationships than mothers are of their daughter’s relationships - especially when their sons choose a “strong” woman like their mother. From everything we know about KB, I’d say she was a very strong and independent woman but possibly naive? This is not always true, of course, but the fact PF lives with his mother says a lot to me, personally. JMO.

As the last known person to see Kelsey—perhaps even at his own house—PF has and knows critical information that could help LE know what happened to her. Instead, PF is giving everyone the F you middle finger and saying talk to my attorney and get a warrant if you want to TRY and look, dig and figure out what happened. Think about that.

Colorado police plead for Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé to speak with them as hunt for missing mom intensifies | Fox News
"Colorado police on Friday afternoon pleaded with the fiancé of missing mother Kelsey Berreth to come forward ....."

FBI investigators search the home of the fiance of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth | Daily Mail Online
"Police PLEAD with fiance of missing Colorado mom to sit down and answer their questions 23 days after she vanished ... "

Haven't been able to find out where LE said those exact words... so maybe just media exaggeration ? (Like that would ever happen...*cough*)
Sorry my fonts are not behaving correctly.

LOL, yes I can’t recall hearing LE using those words in the presser or in press releases. I got the impression that they were inviting him and encouraging him to talk directly with them, but as of now, he’s answering all questions through his attorney. Pleading, to me, would indicate that he’s not cooperating, but they did say he is talking, only through his attorney

Why is that, do you suppose?
MOO
I don’t know much about where she lived but perhaps the community is not as united.

The husband has not spoke out in this case and it took awhile for the case to go “viral” on a national level.

We have not been given a confirmed timeline from LE on her timeline prior to disappearing either.

The timing of her being reported missing has definitely hampered the video coverage that might have been available. Am sure most would overwrite after a week or so.. As cost/storage of the information becomes an issue if kept long term

JMO
I have security cameras that only take a short 7 second video if motion is detected and the system only overwrites the oldest ones as new ones get built based on a storage limit being maxed. So if someone had the type of cameras that mine are then its possible to have short videos that go back multiple weeks. For my system it is not uncommon to have even 4-6 week old small videos because we dont get much motion activation on some of the camera placements.

I hope LE has gone to all neighbors and businesses close by her home to ask to obtain any possible security videos from the day she disappeared.

Respectfully, identifying him as the (current) most likely suspect and identifying suspicious behaviors from him is not the same as declaring him guilty. PF is the one who won’t sit down with investigators, and until he does people will be looking at him with extreme suspicion. Who wouldn’t want to help find their child’s missing mother?
Right. Anyone who knows they had nothing to do with it would be doing everything they can to help. He is fighting every bit of the way.

Well, I am going on a trip in 2 weeks. I will be taking a suitcase, lots of clothes, toiletries, makeup, and vitamins, and my car will be valet parked at a hotel close to the airport. There will not be any freshly made food left out in my house. That's how I roll. I suspect most people planning to be away for a while prepare similarly. IMHO.
Listen, I do think she met with foul play.

But people smack in the middle of vulnerable situations, or experiencing great emotional stress, frequently don’t do things the way “most people” would do them.

If a person is angry or depressed or feeling threatened, for example, the last thing on their mind might be whether they bagged up the last 2 leftover cinnamon rolls.

Instead, let’s try to flip the situation around, in order for her to have left on her own, she would have to have a. access to another form of transportation (ride share, Uber, Lyft, Taxi, train, bus, a friend), b. A duffle bag her brother didn’t know about, c. makeup and a toothbrush other than what her brother found at her house, d. A reason to leave and not tell anyone.

I think it’s possible she could’ve had A-C and, based on public information, we aren’t sure about D.

I think she has met with foul play, probably by a person known to her, but this could still go any number of ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have friends that would let me use their car. Trains, planes and uber comes to mind along with bus service.

I also have older grandparents that would never tell on me if I asked for their silence. Grandma's are like that!

We have no idea what happened to Kelsey. Mom and BF did nothing for days. So maybe this was her MO
There is nothing at all to suggest that this is her MO.
MOO

The most likely explanation is someone engineered that to deflect her true whereabouts. If she traveled that distance, someone would have seen some sign of her somewhere. MOO

We've seen many cases where folks have travelled long distances and were never seen, but most of the time when law enforcement wants to identify somebody traveling a long distance, it is the perpetrator.

It concerns me that he hasn't had his face out there from the beginning, and makes me think that he doesn't want his face seen.

I See that in too many cases here.

I wish that in missing persons cases, they would include a photograph of the person that they were last seen with or at least that person would be on the media very quickly to rule them out. He has never done that. I don't even think I've seen his photograph on here except for a couple of times. Does somebody have a photograph and are we allowed to post it?

Hopefully her family has posted his photograph along with her and the baby so that if he was traveling somewhere, ......

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with his. However I just can't get over the question of why if she was actually going to visit relatives would she not have taken one of her own vehicles, not to mention a suitcase. This case just makes my head swim. That Idaho ping sure put a kink in a lot. :confused:
Right. She supposedly was going to see her grandma, right?, yet none of her relatives were aware of that. Where is the grandma that PF says Kelsey was going to visit? Just call her up and ask, “Did Kelsey say she was coming to see you?” How friggin hard is that?!

I’m seeing a few posts wondering about KB having a PO Box in Florissant rather than Woodland Park. It’s possible that there is more demand than available PO Boxes in Woodland Park, where she resided, and she had to go elsewhere. (Or the size she wanted was not available.)

It’s not unusual to have waiting lists for PO Boxes in small towns.

Listen, I do think she met with foul play.

But people smack in the middle of vulnerable situations, or experiencing great emotional stress, frequently don’t do things the way “most people” would do them.

If a person is angry or depressed or feeing threatened, for example, the last thing on their mind might be whether they bagged up the last 2 leftover cinnamon rolls.

Instead, let’s tey to flip the situation around, in order for her to have left on her own, she would have to have a. access to another form of transportation (ride share, Uber, Lufthansa, Taxi, train, bus, a friend), b. A duffle bag her brother didn’t know about, c. makeup and a toothbrush other than what her brother found at her house, d. A reason to leave and not tell anyone.

I think it’s possible she could’ve had A-C and, based on public information, we aren’t sure about D.

I think she has met with foul play, probably by a person known to her, but this could still go any number of ways.
If she did meet with foul play, Inmo there is some obstruction of Justice going on here. Based on observations surrounding this case. Anyone who could be involved should worry. The FBI isn't playing tiddly Winks.

I get him ensuring he has attorney representation, but if he TRULY had nothing whatsoever to do with Kelsey’s disappearance (or worse), he—via his attorney—has nothing to worry about. However, he is acting guilty. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS. This is backfiring on him. LE needs to find a way to further turn up the heat.
I don't see him acting guilty. I see him doing exactly what his attorney advised him to do, as he should. I don't see anything backfiring on him. Plenty of innocent people have lost everything due to wrongful convictions. I understand the probability of his involvement in foul play is very high, but it is not a certainty.

Did KB have a burner phone? I know people who have one phone for work and family, and another phone for ... whatever. Very cheap these days.

This case is so bizarre, I will say this and I don't talk about it often. But I currently have a DD that has been ghosting most of her immediate family (including me) for 3 years. I know where she is, but only extended family is welcome in her life. She didn't know them growing up, and this was deliberate on our part for many reasons. And if asked about her they are loyal to the core and will not help us at all. There was no warning of this happening, she just up and moved 1,000's of miles away. I realize KB has a baby, which should prevent her from wanting to run, but we never know what anyone else is going through. I guess I am just hoping KB is out there working through things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members