Found Deceased MI - Ryan Schmidt, 28, Southgate, went to Detroit for a job, 7 Dec 2018

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Missing_Southgate_man_last_seen_heading__0_6513219_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Missing Southgate man last seen heading to Detroit for roofing job

(FOX 2) - Ryan Schmidt has been missing since last Friday.

The last time he was seen, he had left home for a roofing job in Detroit - and has not been heard from since.

Amber Pruitt says she was feeding her baby when Ryan left their Southgate home for a new job in Detroit on Dec. 7.

"He kept saying he was tired and he said 'Once I get on the roof I should be okay.' He texted again and said 'I'm here, I made it' and I was thinking he was at work the whole time."

It had been nothing out of the ordinary - even their flurry of morning texts to each other.

"I didn't hear from him in a little bit and then at 1:15 he texted me I love you and I texted back and it said it was read, it was seen and he never said anything back. Normally he would but I thought maybe he was on the roof or something."

That text would be the last she heard from her 28-year-old fiancé. Amber eventually called police who pinged his phone. It showed Ryan was in Detroit - but the supervisor on his job site claims he never showed up for work.

Ryan has had a history of drug addiction, but Amber says he has been clean for several months and has. They have called hospitals, rehab centers, jails, even the morgue - but Ryan is nowhere to be found. Neither is his dark blue Town and Country minivan.

Ryan is 5 feet, 8 inches and was last seen wearing a white Grateful Dead tie-dyed shirt, beige cargo pants and red and black Nike shoes. If you know where he is, call police.

"It is the worst," Amber said. "I don't know what to think."

Police reports have been filed in Southgate and in Detroit because at this point it is unclear where Ryan went missing.

I just had a new roof put on and have watched multiple roofers from my home office do new roofs on neighbor's homes. The job is such that there is no way they have time to send a "flurry" of texts to loved one while on the job. He went somewhere other than the roofing job. Where is the key to finding him, but so far, no clues.

So sad,makes my heart hurt. Addiction is an evil thief. Takes far too many of the good souls from us too soon. Prayers for his family and friends, Via con Dios Ryan

I just saw Ryan on the video on the right, I was hoping it wouldn't be a heartbreaking ending. Right before Christmas too. Awful. I have several family members who are addicts. Some are sober, some are not. A couple have not survived. It's just absolutely brutal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back