OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know that LE was two steps ahead of the Wags before they arrived to their next destination. Homes were wired and their most private meetings were recorded. That’s why they keep referring to Informant/CI, they were wired for sound.

How do you know this? Do tell. We’ve been tossing ideas around but none of us are clear as to the actual method/s used.

Last edited:
I remember that. I also remember that, & Idk if it was TR or BR, but it looked like he was trying to bore a hole straight through GW3, using only his eyes.

It is ridiculous for any atty in a case like this to ask for bond. They already know the answer. Bet G4 insisted his atty ask. He might not “grasp” why he can’t go home. If they even have a home, at this point.

The photo of RW at FW arraignment kills me. She’s seated next to her bro/sil. Her mouth is wide open & she looks more than stunned over the charges. I’m trying to up,iAd but it’s too big. Any ideas how I can condense it?

Know that LE was two steps ahead of the Wags before they arrived to their next destination. Homes were wired and their most private meetings were recorded. That’s why they keep referring to Informant/CI, they were wired for sound.

Welcome! Very interesting! Might I ask how you came across this piece of info?

Welcome! Very interesting! Might I ask how you came across this piece of info?
Ok girl, help me with this.
After reading hundreds of pages regarding the benefits of joint or individual trials. My understanding is the 4 can be tried together because the charges overlap. And, severed trials are often the result of a co-defendant confessing or offering info that implicates the other.
Do you think this is the reason it’s predetermined to have separate trials? Because someone anticipates a confession?

Common Problems With Co-Defendant Cases | Tallahassee

I read this faster than the W’s packed for AK, it’s quite interesting.

I just thought of something! I have always thought there would be more bugs than on just JM's truck. I know ya'll remember when JM was arrested for taking off the GPS on his vehicle? It was placed on there around April 22, 2017. It quit working on April 28, 2017. On May 17, 2017, I believe, according the article below. Just a few days after the W properties were searched (May 13, 2017?), he was arrested for removing it.

Now, pull up the indictments and for example, look at GW3, count 20. On or about 7/2014 to May 9, 2017, did unlawfully and purposefully intercept, or attempt to intercept, a wire, oral, or electronic communication.

Did they figure out that JM was bugged, (LM didn't make it a secret), and purchase the bug buster, and dismantle bugs that were on their property(ies) around that time too?

Thoughts? Could JM be a CI or a witness for the prosecution too? ETA: Could this be an "electronic" CI/CR, etc...

JM
https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/brother-of-pike-county-massacre-victim-chsrged-with-evidence-tampering

Indictments
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ka0QgUz0HzUS2PY7DFUGDYyi55GBj310N2yYgIOpFFWzU

Last edited:
I just thought of something! I have always thought there would be more bugs than on just JM's truck. I know ya'll remember when JM was arrested for taking off the GPS on his vehicle? It was placed on there around April 22, 2017. It quit working on April 28, 2017. On May 17, 2017, I believe, according the article below. Just a few days after the W properties were searched (May 13, 2017?), he was arrested for removing it.

Now, pull up the indictments and for example, look at GW3, count 20. On or about 7/2014 to May 9, 2017, did unlawfully and purposefully intercept, or attempt to intercept, a wire, oral, or electronic communication.

Did they figure out that JM was bugged, (LM didn't make it a secret), and purchase the bug buster, and dismantle bugs that were on their property(ies) around that time too?

Thoughts? Could JM be a CI or a witness for the prosecution too?

JM
https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/brother-of-pike-county-massacre-victim-chsrged-with-evidence-tampering

Indictments
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ka0QgUz0HzUS2PY7DFUGDYyi55GBj310N2yYgIOpFFWzU

I think it’s entirely possible JM could be a CI but idk if the 4 would reveal info to him. Are they st least smart enough to know that’d surely be a one way trip to the big house? The nearly three yr time span for intercepting is perplexing.

It is ridiculous for any atty in a case like this to ask for bond. They already know the answer. Bet G4 insisted his atty ask. He might not “grasp” why he can’t go home. If they even have a home, at this point.

You never know. He may have had ulterior motives. Especially considering what they said about his zest for revenge. Possible thoughts of going out in a blaze of glory? He is charged with the murders of eight people, untelling what is going on in that brain of his. o_O

You never know. He may have had ulterior motives. Especially considering what they said about his zest for revenge. Possible thoughts of going out in a blaze of glory? He is charged with the murders of eight people, untelling what is going on in that brain of his. o_O

Omg, it’s hard to say who he’d go after first if he got out. I think he’s dumb enough to expect to be released. I wonder if he’s of the mindset he feels he did nothing wrong. Like, “we didn’t like ‘em so we got rid of ‘em, no one Flucks with us, we’re the Wagner’s.”

I think it’s entirely possible JM could be a CI but idk if the 4 would reveal info to him. Are they st least smart enough to know that’d surely be a one way trip to the big house? The nearly three yr time span for intercepting is perplexing.

Not reveal anything to him purposely, but, LM did say that JM got that text. What if by, say, JW sending JM some texts, it clearly shows that he was potentially fishing him for info. Example; I was planning to bring S home early tomorrow, but can't get hold of HMR, or anyone down there. I'm concerned, have you talked to them? He didn't rcv the text til late and could have called, or texted back, that AM was actually talking to DR on FB, so all is well. /Example. ETA: Remember DR worked that 2nd shift that was unexpected so they'd want to know where she was at and if she was home before they left.

It's said that he and JM were friendly at one point, so he'd likely not have thought a thing about him asking. In order to do the sleuthing on the family, that they did, they had to have a friendly face amongst them. I think that face was JW.

Thoughts? Could JM be a CI or a witness for the prosecution too? ETA: Could this be an "electronic" CI/CR, etc...

JM

Indictments

It's worth considering. I noticed the timing, too, when first reading the indictments but set it aside. The odd thing is, if your theory is accurate, why then would LE arrest JM, but not the Wagners? Surely LE would have known the Wags had removed/dismantled any bugs that LE had placed on their cars, etc. IIRC, the assumption at the time was that JW had a bug on his truck, too, but hadn't removed it, hence no arrest. Perhaps those indictments tell us otherwise.

Not reveal anything to him purposely, but, LM did say that JM got that text. What if by, say, JW sending JM some texts, it clearly shows that he was potentially fishing him for info. Example; I was planning to bring S home early tomorrow, but can't get hold of HMR, or anyone down there. I'm concerned, have you talked to them? He didn't rcv the text til late and could have called, or texted back, that AM was actually talking to DR on FB, so all is well. /Example.

It's said that he and JM were friendly at one point, so he'd likely not have thought a thing about him asking. In order to do the sleuthing on the family, that they did, they had to have a friendly face amongst them. I think that face was JW.

Makes sense!!!

One thing about this crime that is crazy, IMO, no matter how well we think we know someone, know their routines, etc., routines change. Entering a home with young adults and children was sooooooo risky. There was no guarantee someone wouldn’t be up with a baby, maybe watching a movie, playing games on a phone, etc.

Last edited:
It's worth considering. I noticed the timing, too, when first reading the indictments but set it aside. The odd thing is, if your theory is accurate, why then would LE arrest JM, but not the Wagners? Surely LE would have known the Wags had removed/dismantled any bugs that LE had placed on their cars, etc. IIRC, the assumption at the time was that JW had a bug on his truck, too, but hadn't removed it, hence no arrest. Perhaps those indictments tell us otherwise.

It only gets more curiouser! And confusing!

I’m fearful at the point this ends, I’ll only be able to communicate with initials.

The photo of RW at FW arraignment kills me. She’s seated next to her bro/sil. Her mouth is wide open & she looks more than stunned over the charges. I’m trying to up,iAd but it’s too big. Any ideas how I can condense it?

If that were my big brother, his family, and MY mother (who actually taught Sunday School for decades too), I'd be in total shock. I'd have me a Pez dispenser filled with Valium. Ya'll would wonder, wth is she doing popping Pez in the courtroom?!

If that were my big brother, his family, and MY mother (who actually taught Sunday School for decades too), I'd be in total shock. I'd have me a Pez dispenser filled with Valium. Ya'll would wonder, wth is she doing popping Pez in the courtroom?!

I hear ya! Do you know the photo I’m talking about?

Back to the missing bride, if JW got involved with a female in AK, I bet his mom did not approve. She needed to keep the boys close, monitor them, their whereabouts, conversations, etc. too, too risky for either to socialize.
I think she wanted the boys to be in a remote place, less to worry about. I think we all agree they’re not the smartest boys. Mom knows better than us. She had to be a nervous wreck if they were out of her sight long enough to pee.

I agree about #4 considering going out in a blaze of glory.
That’s why they were all arrested separately (boys together but not home) they had less chance to go plum crazy.
The fact some of them even discussed revenge is an admission of guilt, IMO. Tick tock....they knew their time was running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth