CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well crud, I remember this being discussed here but I can't find the reference - posters were wondering how he accessed the home. Let me look further...
MOO

I haven't been able to find anything explaining how he gained access.

My brother lives 8 hours north of me. But oddly enough, he has a key to our house.

Only because when he does visit, we were often at work when he arrived, so we gave him a key.

I wonder if they had a similar situation between them? If she worked long hours, and he and his husband drove down for a visit, they might need a key so they could wait comfortably.

Can you imagine LE trying to interview PF’s mother, a retired Deputy Sheriff? This is assuming she was home on Thanksgiving and the following days. She would not be an easy or informative person.

I have wondered why there hasn’t been any mention of his mom if he lived with her, but now it is too clear!

Seattle1, her townhome was searched and she was declared missing. What if LE had found a disturbance at her townhome? Would LE still tell the public she was "missing", or would it be a more dire statement? It took LE three weeks to say it looks suspicious.

I'm not saying something didn't happen at the townhome. It just seems they still thought she might be away.
I don't believe LE found any evidence of a disturbance at KB's townhome, and moved on to investigate PF's residence. It's also possible that LE collected evidence from the searched areas including her home and/or vehicles, and are waiting for forensic analysis. Every result will be part of the puzzle that I hope is solved sooner than later. MOO

Can you provide a link for that? This is the first I've heard of this and I want to make sure it's not just rumor. :)
FBI descends on home of missing Woodland Park woman's fiance; police call disappearance 'suspicious'
Frazee is related to law enforcement officers in the state, including a brother who is a Colorado Springs police officer and retired Kiowa County Sheriff Forrest Frazee.

Fiance of missing Kelsey Berreth voluntarily releases cell phone, DNA sample to law enforcement
He has numerous relatives connected to law enforcement. His brother, Sean, works for the Colorado Springs Police Department. A cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff's Office, and an uncle, Forrest Frazee, is the retired Kiowa County sheriff.

Last edited:
Of note, there is really just one restaurant between their two residences. Diners recall him, but have made no mention of seeing KB and PF eating together .. so odd ... KB is beautiful ... folks would remember her.

What is the source for this second statement, please, about the comments of diners about him/them?

Yes it's a term all dog breeders or anyone involved with showing dogs uses. I never got used to it when I'd hang out with my dog's breeder, but there you have it.

I thought the reference of interest on the video was when there was a woman's voice saying something in the background. He interrupts his narrative to the video to address her briefly. His mom? KB? Someone else? How old is that video?

Not to be a smarty pants but most dead women planned on coming bome!I

I just had the strangest thought. I remember two young women that went missing. Jennifer Houston and Leanne Beardan. I hope nothing like that has happened.

Jennifer drove to her death by hanging spot but Leanne walked a couple of blocks over to a neighbors secluded backyard and hung herself in a tree!
Leanne Beardan had just completed her bucket list. Imo, she had a history of mental illness. May she rest in peace.

Curiosity... is LE able/allowed to question family LE in situations like this if they believe those individuals are involved somehow? I havent seen anything saying his family has been interviewed.
Of course. Whether they will sit down, and whether they will answer truthfully, is another matter.

There’s no way that they wouldn’t have attempted to talk to them.

Colorado recognizes parental kidnapping. If you do not have court orders about parenting, each parent has equal rights and can take the child anywhere and never return. Unless you can find the parent and child and get physical custody of the child, you are out of luck. If you have a court order, then you have to abide by it or be subject to parental kidnapping charges if you leave the state.

If KB wanted to leave for vaca or to live elsewhere (and rent her townhouse out?), she could have taken their child with her since they did not have court orders as far as we know. Maybe she told him she might do that and instead of filing for divorce to keep her in state, he freaked and got rid of her. If she found there was mistreatment of the child while in PF's care and threatened to take the child and keep her from PF and his family, the same result could have occurred.

I think this is about custody, given that the result of her being gone is that he has the child in his sole custody.

(18) PF didn't report Kelsey missing
(19) PF hired a criminal defense attorney
(20) PF refuses to meet with investigators with or without his attorney

That type of thing absolutely happens, but the details we have here don’t jibe in any way with those cases.

Even if you could prove prior erratic behavior, depression, or suicidal ideation, there are things here that point in another direction.
I might have to take a refresher course but I believe both of those suicides caught they families by surprise!

Leanne and her husband had just returned from a year of travel. Seemed quite happy while visiting with Josh 's parents.

The other young woman was just going out for a while.

It happens. Ask a depressed woman if she tells. Ask a post partum childbirth if she struggles alone.

We have absolutely idea of Kelseys mental health at the time she went missing.

I really really want to know what she bought. Did she buy things her baby wanted to eat? If so, she wasn't planning on leaving her behind while she went on a road trip.

I am probably under the spell of CW, but maybe she bought gift cards at Safeway? It is the way to travel without leaving financial trace. But most likely, of course, if the plan was to travel, someone else was expected to drive and pay for her.

This is a personal blog that appears to have been established within the last day or two.

It contains pictures from what is visible on his Facebook page.

This is probably fake.

haha i saw the PF blog earlier and thought either this guy is really weird or this is fake. I google image searched the cow picture and it's from a farmers weekly website. so most likely fake....i assume a "rancher" could supply his own picture of his cows.

I might have to take a refresher course but I believe both of those suicides caught they families by surprise!

Leanne and her husband had just returned from a year of travel. Seemed quite happy while visiting with Josh 's parents.

It happens. Ask a depressed woman if she tells. Ask a post partum childbirth if she struggles alone.

I’m willing to give you that, but I’m saying that even if she was suicidal or mentally ill, the facts here don’t lend themselves to that scenario.

The apparent three day dark period before text messages were sent to her employer and “fiance.”

The likelihood her phone was in Idaho.

No vehicles or plane missing.

Her “fiancé” not reporting her missing.

Her “fiance” making no effort to find her.

The fact that police are clearly looking at him, from their press conference statements to that search warrant execution.

The fact that they initially appear to have believed that she may have left willingly, but have pivoted.

They know things that we don’t, and they wouldn’t have brought in the CBI and FBI if they had evidence of her potentially leaving willingly.

They appear to have evidence of the exact opposite.

And a person that they are looking closely at.

I have seen no evidence indicating her parents were not happy she had a baby. If that were remotely true, I doubt they would have helped her buy a townhouse for herself and her 3-mo baby. JMO
I surely don't disagree with you but in my experience with her parents being very religious I think they might have preferred she wait for marriage to have a child. All moo!

Another reason for a person to disappear if it was an accidental run over. And this might happen especially given the fact that it is Thanksgiving and someone might be driving drunk. Then he was so scared that he decided to clean after himself.

I wonder how close KB's house was to the road? And how dark the area was in the evening?

haha i saw the PF blog earlier and thought either this guy is really weird or this is fake. I google image searched the cow picture and it's from a farmers weekly website. so most likely fake....i assume a "rancher" could supply his own picture of his cows.
Haaaa great work. I didn’t think to do that.

That was the only image not on his Facebook page, but it was still a public image.

FAKE!

Can you imagine LE trying to interview PF’s mother, a retired Deputy Sheriff? This is assuming she was home on Thanksgiving and the following days. She would not be an easy or informative person.

I have wondered why there hasn’t been any mention of his mom if he lived with her, but now it is too clear!

There are two SF (mothers name) in Colorado. One is a retired deputy sheriff. His mother is not. the retired sheriff made a public post saying she is not related to the family.

he does have someone else in the family in LE though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard