CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

MOD NOTE

I spoke to @Tricia and we will allow sleuthing of PF. Please use his initials when referring to him. Don't outright accuse him of murder on the thread. It's obvious LE is looking at him and is interested in him. So, we are using common sense and allowing PF to be sleuthed at this time. Of course this is subject to change if PF is publicly cleared by LE.

Hell there isn’t just “something off here,” the whole damn thing is “off.”

I’ve seen some baffling cases, but this is a whole different kind of baffling.

We don’t even know basic details about the victim and her “fiancé.”

In the beginning, nothing about Kelsey's disappearance made sense. For the first couple of weeks, no one knew who last saw her and where that was. Now, we know that the child's father was the last person to see her and that it was most likely at her home.

Now, this looks more like a typical spousal homicide where the wife vanishes, the husband has the child, and the disappearance is reported by at third party (see: Nancy Cooper).

Perhaps the clue will be found in google searches. It's likely that a body location was chosen in advance and, even if that location is a familiar place, chances are the suspect double checked routes and access points - perhaps days prior to the disappearance.

No criminal background. Involved in rodeo type events. Owns his company and had taken out loans for it, last one being 2016. He sells cattle, possibly horses. Lives at a property owned by his mom. Drives red truck. His company’s revenue is approximately 100k a year (prior to expenses).

Thank you!

What about his age?
High school or college diploma?
Education?
Previous marriages? I read his life has not been easy. What do people hint at?

From the beginning, this has felt like two steps forward, 8 steps backward! We don't even know where the child was born! :eek:

<modsnip: to avoid confusion>

Instead of asking about Baby K's legal parental status, I'm much more interested in where Kelsey lived and what she did while pregnant. A flight instructor posting here said in the later months it would be difficult to do her job while heavily. And some doctors might not endorse flying multiple times a day while pregnant. Did her job give her paid maternity leave and who helped her during this time? A lot of people are making assumptions that KB's mother and the rest of her family might have never seen the child, but I would not be surprised if KB had her mom or brother come stay with her when Baby K was born. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
KB's mother said she was maybe going to dinner that night. With whom, if she had broken up with PS the day prior?

To me, this is really important. If she was supposed to go out that night, I hope LE knows who it was with, and if she was being picked up. If that is the case, then it would explain both her cars being there, and only things she would need "to go out" being missing (i.e. her purse).

I have a lot of faith in LE with all of these cases, so I'm certain they know these answers.

I really think whether or not they had a recent breakup is important. That can be a very tense time.
To me, something about their child is paramount.
Breakup and custody makes sense to me.
I wonder if the custody of the baby was a forced issue.

Eta: Of course, if KB had a dinner date that night she may have willingly let PF take the baby.

Thank you!

What about his age?
High school or college diploma?
Education?
Previous marriages? I read his life has not been easy. What do people hint at?
I think he's 32? Early 30's. He has a HS ed, but no college that I was able to find. No previous marriages. He also trains and raises herding dogs and he competes in rodeos.

To me, this is really important. If she was supposed to go out that night, I hope LE knows who it was with, and if she was being picked up. If that is the case, then it would explain both her cars being there, and only things she would need "to go out" being missing (i.e. her purse).

I have a lot of faith in LE with all of these cases, so I'm certain they know these answers.

Based on what was found at her home, it doesn't seem that she was going out in the evening - unless she did the baking just before going out for dinner.

If she had a date, wouldn't there would be an easy to follow digital trail of those plans?

Where is the video of her leaving the store? Her at the check out?
I’ve wondered about her leaving the store. Could there have been an encounter in the parking lot? But then how would her car have made it back to her house.
So many questions in this case and no clear path to pursue other than PF, but not even that is clear at this point.

I would agree with this if I could say without a shadow of a doubt that the baby was in that car seat. She very well may be, but I can’t see her. Hopefully LE isn’t using that clip as their only proof of her being there.
I could see her in some shots. It wasn't easy because she has a thick head of dark hair and only her face was showing. She sort of blended in to the blanket.

My fear is this is going to fade into the darkness with no resolution. These folks need a miracle. In my opinion there isn’t enough evidence to tie PF to the disappearance of MB. Unless LE has something we don’t know about. Since he is from a LE family he has played this perfectly. In most of these cases we hang on every word the SO says, we analyze the body language, the expressions and these things lead us, at least me, to certain conclusions. He’s giving us nothing, nada. It’s really very smart because we aren’t able to “Read” him. That alone seems calculated to me. IF you love a person and they are missing you would do what her family has done, plead for her to contact you, put out flyers, etc. He has done nothing and he doesn’t seem to give a fig what anyone thinks about it. Gutsy, no guilt leading him to speak out.

Maybe PF's attorney is just really good at steering the narrative to distance his client from Kelsey. I mean we are all talking about their broken relationship as fact. But, really who began that narrative? Where did it originate? PF's attorney - benefits his client. LE - heard from PF through attorney. And VI Aunt - heard from LE through PF attorney (I don't think she has stated where she heard this info)? --MOO

What facts do we have to back those claims? They lived apart - well, maybe Kelsey didn't want to live with her mother-in-law? I don't know many people who would. Maybe she tried that and it didn't go so well (hence the Florrisant PO Box)? --MOO

The creative use of the phrase "custody exchange" just further's the narrative, and it is technically correct if PF went to KB house to pick up their baby. But, directs the narrative to create distance (and plants the seeds for doubt) for PF. --MOO

So, maybe their relationship wasn't all CB thinks it was.
Or, Maybe PF has a really craft attorney who was spoonfed us all with the narrative that best suits his client. --MOO

I think the attorney has to make a statement, if PF doesn't want to. (Think of it, with all activity centered around his farm, no matter what the LE thinks, the people start blaming PF. Someone asked to boycott his business. He may be unwilling to share, but he has to make a public statement through the lawyer. Otherwise, it will look worse and worse for him, in public opinion).

Time to somehow come out, and clean.

Last edited:
Based on what was found at her home, it doesn't seem that she was going out in the evening - unless she did the baking just before going out for dinner.

If she had a date, wouldn't there would be an easy to follow digital trail of those plans?
The baking was done in the am, it's what she had for breakfast according to her brother.
There might be a digital trail? Or there might not if there weren't reservations, or if they never made it to their destination.

I’ve wondered about her leaving the store. Could there have been an encounter in the parking lot? But then how would her car have made it back to her house.
So many questions in this case and no clear path to pursue other than PF, but not even that is clear at this point.
I believe she left her house with someone in their vehicle. She was taken somewhere else. Who knows where or what happened to her. If she was killed it would make sense for it to be far away from home. There are so many forests and so much desolation between there and Idaho.

I would say PF is clearly on LE mind re KB missing as the judge authorized a sealed search warrant and his truck was taken.
This is one those cases where I think they're going to need to find her or a confession to proceed. I don't see a confession coming at all. jmo

I think he's 32? Early 30's. He has a HS ed, but no college that I was able to find. No previous marriages. He also trains and raises herding dogs and he competes in rodeos.
Since he is clearest path to pursue based on so little info in the case, I have had a thought about a possible personality trait relative to their relationship IMO -is he controlling seeing that he trains dogs and participates in roping (rodeo)? He would certainly know how to quickly tie someone up (MOO). KF is also used to being in control, being a pilot. Just interesting dynamics. I don’t know if it means anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288