CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the thing.

If PF is completely innocent here, and there is no nefarious explanation as to what happened to Kelsey, then he committed one of the worst public relations blunders that anyone in his position has ever committed.

Fine, he didn’t report her missing, all he has to do is explain why.

Fine, he doesn’t feel comfortable making a public plea for her safe return, get someone else to do it for you.

Is it that hard to make a Facebook post, send a Tweet, or distribute fliers for the missing mother of your child?

Those were the two biggest sins on his part.

That’s not normal, and it opens yourself up to tremendous suspicion.

Disaster!

ITA. I think his story to LE about why he didn't report her missing is that she broke up with him. This is PF's version of CW's "emotional conversation."

Just as an aside, this case made Albany, NY news tonight. We live in western New England and often watch WTEN. Surprised to see coverage.

IF she checked herself into rehab somewhere, would the facility not be obligated to tell the authorities that she is there to put an end to the search? They could keep it quiet and just say she has been located safely. I don't think this is what happened to her, but am just putting it out there for those who may know about similar situations. It'd be horrible to think that HPPA laws would have to maintain confidentiality to that degree.

... statistically, there is absolutely no comparison between the possibility of stranger harm versus harm by someone who is known to the victim. That difference is massive.

Of course same goes for voluntary missing or mistake or wandering due to dementia, or mental illness, etc. The vast number of missing person cases fall under that category of people who left on their own.

What gives me pause here is the behavior of the fiancée and the behavior of LE and the DA. Law enforcement has made it clear they view him as their number one suspect.

They're putting pressure on. And by the time they began executing search warrants they knew EVERYTHING about KB that we don't know: If she has been diagnosed with a mental health issue. If she has been committed before. If she's ever taken off before. If she's been to rehab. Has a history of addiction or instability.

They know that all.

And yet...instead of really pressing the public to search for her and reaching out to her, "Kelsey please contact your loved ones. Your baby misses you..." etc., they're making clear where the focus is and who has a target on their back.

I'm still open but I'm pretty sure where this will lead.
Exactly! They know so much more than they can tell us and we can see where the focus is. It's too bad so much time passed before she was reported missing.

Although, we as onlookers would like to see this all nicely wrapped up, the truth is, LE need to have all the loose ends tied up tight before a DA can move ahead. He/She needs to know they have a strong case for conviction, otherwise it's a waste of time and money and the perp may get off. Case in point: the Rhoden family tragedy. Took 2 1/2 years to make the arrests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! Here's a good new article:

WOODLAND PARK – Kelsey Berreth’s decision to move to Colorado in 2016 was motivated by love, according to a family member.

Ed Stanfill, Berreth’s uncle, spoke with News 5’s Sam Kraemer Monday, saying she wanted to get closer to then-boyfriend Patrick Frazee. After she moved, Stanfill said she accepted a job at Doss Aviation.

Berreth, who had attended flight school and worked as an instructor in Washington, got to know Frazee some time before moving to Colorado in 2016. Stanfill said he does not know how the couple met, saying, “She’s a pilot. She knows a lot of people.”

Despite working in Pueblo, Stanfill said his niece chose to live in Woodland Park to be closer to Frazee. She did not live with Frazee, he said, because the now-fiancé also lives with his mother.

A handful of law enforcement agencies just completed a search of the property Frazee lives at in Florrisant on Sunday. Authorities have not released any information on what evidence was collected.

Family: Kelsey Berreth moved to Colorado to be closer to Frazee

Welcome to WS!
Reportedly, LE states the last phone ping was Gooding, ID on 11/25 around 5:13pm. It would sure be helpful to all speculating whether or not KB's phone was active, with an electronic trail marking the way to Gooding, Idaho. However, that's not the impression I get. Yes, driving through Gooding to reach Eastern Wa is possible, just don't think it's plausible. MOO

I checked the route from Woodland Park, CO to Soap Lake, WA on my iPhone. You would literally drive right next to/through Gooding, ID. I think it is more than plausible to pass through Gooding to get to Eastern, WA. MOO

Attachments

• 09309F4D-E755-41FA-A463-15280A57841E.png
    09309F4D-E755-41FA-A463-15280A57841E.png
    544.8 KB · Views: 24
  • D69835FC-5924-4A60-A3BD-D27C054E39D3.png
    D69835FC-5924-4A60-A3BD-D27C054E39D3.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 22
This makes me think back to the possibility of someone following her home from the store and waiting until an opportunity arose to move in on her. Mollie’s killer watched her, circled around in his car a few times, then approached
Here’s the problem with that. Kelsey has two vehicles in her driveway. And it’s Thanksgiving day, a holiday in which it’s routine to have company. If someone followed her home on that day and in those conditions, they couldn’t have known for sure that she was alone in that house.

It just seems to me like the chances of a stalking type crime on a major holiday are going to be pretty low. The kind of crime you’re likely to see on a holiday is breaking and entering when the burglar watches everyone leave and the house is unoccupied.

... statistically, there is absolutely no comparison between the possibility of stranger harm versus harm by someone who is known to the victim. That difference is massive.

Of course same goes for voluntary missing or mistake or wandering due to dementia, or mental illness, etc. The vast number of missing person cases fall under that category of people who left on their own.

What gives me pause here is the behavior of the fiancée and the behavior of LE and the DA. Law enforcement has made it clear they view him as their number one suspect.

They're putting pressure on. And by the time they began executing search warrants they knew EVERYTHING about KB that we don't know: If she has been diagnosed with a mental health issue. If she has been committed before. If she's ever taken off before. If she's been to rehab. Has a history of addiction or instability.

They know that all.

And yet...instead of really pressing the public to search for her and reaching out to her, "Kelsey please contact your loved ones. Your baby misses you..." etc., they're making clear where the focus is and who has a target on their back.

He was the last person to see her. He's acting cagey IMO. Hasn't sat down with LE. Doesn't appear to be allowing grandma to see her grandchild.

If I was a "betting man"...

I'm still open but I'm pretty sure where this will lead.

Another brilliant summary - thanks.

Just want to add that Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) oversee's public safety alert programs such as Amber Alert, Missing Senior, etc. and the authorization for the alerts. I believe that KB missing status would be upgraded to "endangered missing person alert" (EMA) if KB suspected of a mental condition. I don't think LE has any reason to suspect such condition, or upgrade her missing status. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! Here's a good new article:

WOODLAND PARK – Kelsey Berreth’s decision to move to Colorado in 2016 was motivated by love, according to a family member.

Ed Stanfill, Berreth’s uncle, spoke with News 5’s Sam Kraemer Monday, saying she wanted to get closer to then-boyfriend Patrick Frazee. After she moved, Stanfill said she accepted a job at Doss Aviation.

Berreth, who had attended flight school and worked as an instructor in Washington, got to know Frazee some time before moving to Colorado in 2016. Stanfill said he does not know how the couple met, saying, “She’s a pilot. She knows a lot of people.”

Despite working in Pueblo, Stanfill said his niece chose to live in Woodland Park to be closer to Frazee. She did not live with Frazee, he said, because the now-fiancé also lives with his mother.

A handful of law enforcement agencies just completed a search of the property Frazee lives at in Florrisant on Sunday. Authorities have not released any information on what evidence was collected.

Family: Kelsey Berreth moved to Colorado to be closer to Frazee
Thank you!!! Finally some clarification on when and why she moved.

Have there been extensive searches done in her immediate neighborhood area? I'm trying to catch up on a few days' of posts here and saw something about mountain lions. We all know CO is home to various creatures who can pose problems to humans if you accidentally corner one, or get between them and their young, etc. Given that her vehicles were still on premises, could she have gone for a walk/run/whatever and run into something tragic in the woods? Then again, I believe it's been said her purse was missing and I think most folks would grab their phone, hopefully some ID like the entire wallet, and then go out for a "blowing off steam" walk, not their entire purse.

I think this has been touched on before, but for my own clarification I'm going to ask again. Is there any possible way a plane can take off for a destination without logging a flight plan? Is there any way someone could fudge on a flight plan say if they had help from the ground *air traffic control*? I know zero about how this works but common sense tells me planes have to be guided through the air so they don't crash into one another. I'm just wondering if there is some elaborate (or simple) way someone could get around this?

I mentioned this before. Planes are tracked on Radar. The FAA can not just have planes flying around everywhere with no plans in place.

This is the current activity over Idaho.

QI8yEqR.png

Were you the last person to see her? Did you share a child with her?

No to the child ... yes to her horses and dog ... which were her babies

She went off with her new boyfriend to CA

I was the last to communicate with her, amongst her friends and family.

She never showed up camping like she said.

She did say she wanted to break-up

I only considered calling 911 ... but did not.

She drove with him to CA

Have there been extensive searches done in her immediate neighborhood area? I'm trying to catch up on a few days' of posts here and saw something about mountain lions. We all know CO is home to various creatures who can pose problems to humans if you accidentally corner one, or get between them and their young, etc. Given that her vehicles were still on premises, could she have gone for a walk/run/whatever and run into something tragic in the woods? Then again, I believe it's been said her purse was missing and I think most folks would grab their phone, hopefully some ID like the entire wallet, and then go out for a "blowing off steam" walk, not their entire purse.

But...mountain lions don't know how to text. This wouldn't explain the texts and ID ping on 11/25.

The cars being present and no crime scene are evidence that supports KB willingly leaving for dinner with PF and the baby. They took his truck, which has since been seized.

An unknown assailant wouldn't bother with the texts and ping. JMO

Did we ever find out if Mollie’s Fitbit or phone pinged at the pig farmer’s house, or why they had searched there? I can’t remember, but I do remember all of the speculation about it, and also about when she sent her snapchat message.

No to the child ... yes to her horses and dog ... which were her babies

She went off with her new boyfriend to CA

I was the last to communicate with her, amongst her friends and family.

She never showed up camping like she said.

She did say she wanted to break-up

I only considered calling 911 ... but did not.

She drove with him to CA
What did she tell her boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members