CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

MOD NOTE

I spoke to @Tricia and we will allow sleuthing of PF. Please use his initials when referring to him. Don't outright accuse him of murder on the thread. It's obvious LE is looking at him and is interested in him. So, we are using common sense and allowing PF to be sleuthed at this time. Of course this is subject to change if PF is publicly cleared by LE.

Speculation about a victim should be based on some known fact, not just tossing out general speculation when there is nothing to substantiate it.

Bumping up a portion of sillybilly's post... Continuing to derail the thread with unsubstantiated speculation about the victim, her fiancee', or other unfounded theories may result in a temporary thread ban, warning points or a timeout.

Kelsey's story is being featured on tonight's Nightline.

It seems odd that the case has been getting national attention yet, as far as I know, there haven't been any sightings of KB. Usually once the story goes national LE starts getting calls from all over, even though they usually turn out to not be the missing person.

I haven't weighed in on this case yet, but I have been following, first one in quite while...

My son bought a home in Colorado springs a couple years ago, so could be partly why this one case caught my attention.

Hadn't wanted to comment due to my relative late coming to the case, but I have read all the threads, almost every post. (Plus other sources!)...

Veteran websluethers tend to pretty savvy. When they see a "duck", there's usually a duck. I completely concur with those who feel her PF killed her. There's no explanation that can get around the fact that immediately after he is contacted by her mom, her cell send texts to him, and her employer. But not mom. Call from mom made someone nervous, wonder who that could be?

He is the last known person to see her. he gets the baby and she disappears. He's not calling friends/family...anyone at all... and has shown no interest in where she at all, all this time. No plea for her return, no meeting with her family to brainstorm what could have happened, no attendance at the vigil. It's almost as if he just doesn't give a....

Sure he could just be an @sshole, who does not give chit about his baby's momma, but more than likely he killed her and he is wholly focused on getting away with that. IMO.

LE seems to think he might have a little something to hide, but it's not uncommon that they focus on the partner in such cases. What IS uncommon, at least to my mind, is his oddly level headed, cool, collected approach to the whole situation. No emotion, ( Oh. my God, My little girl lost her Momma!"), No mention ever about the ( I strongly suspect "Deceased!) mother of his child. Gets a lawyer, only gives LE exactly what they have a right to obtain, and doesn't appear to put the slightest effort into finding out what happened to her.

There are posters who say they get a a bad vibe off his photos. I would concur. <modsnip> I too found his photos, IMO!, scary...Dead, "I could snap at any moment " eyes. The difference between his and her eyes, is striking, IMO ONLY!

I would so LOVE to see this gorgeous woman reunited with her little baby girl. But that's not gonna happen IMO, and I hope Kelsey, at least, gets justice, in spite of those who want to look in every direction except the most obvious one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems odd that the case has been getting national attention yet, as far as I know, there haven't been any sightings of KB. Usually once the story goes national LE starts getting calls from all over, even though they usually turn out to not be the missing person.
That tends to happen more with children than with adults, but you’re right, it is odd that we haven’t had any “sightings” of her thus far.

Not that I believe that there will ever be a genuine sighting of her.

A rough a timeline of 12/22:

Morning: KB bakes cinnamon rolls for breakfast, talks to her mother on the phone twice-- once to ask for a recipe. KB tells her mom she might be going out to dinner with PF and baby K.

12:05 KB enters Safeway grocery store with Baby K
12:27 KB leaves store with Baby K
12:30-1:00 PF arrives at KB's home (per a neighbor that saw his truck but did not see him)

Sometime after 1 PM: PF ends up with baby K and Kelsey "disappears" along with her purse and her phone.

Agree and makes sense.

Or she left willingly with him, to get a tree, go to his house to eat, etc, and something happened from there

Or, PF is innocent. There is still that possibility.

The Christmas tree isn’t resting with me. CB explained in her interview that “KB had been excited to decorate for Christmas and excited about that, but she thought maybe her fiancé and K were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something”. CB further elaborated that KB was curious as to what others in the family were requesting as gifts on their list.....A lot of information given here! I just have a feeling the portion about the fiancé and K getting the tree themselves was intentionally added, but I can’t explain why?
Also, can’t remember if CB mentioned it in this interview or another, but she made mention of KB’s appearance in the Safeway video, specifically her hair I believe. No blow out or straight iron needed for a trip to cut down a Christmas tree...Right?

Last edited:
Someone posted a story in this thread in which her neighbor placed his truck at her home that same day the boyfriend claimed to pick their kid up. That same neighbor said they recognized the truck because they had seen it there many times in the past when he was previously picking up the kid. The more I read the more it sounds like the kid was their only connection. This does not sound like two people in a relationship. I hope and expect that the experts have checked to see whether any of her colleagues, associates... had requested that same week off from work. And that the security video from the airports in closest proximity to the phone ping were also checked.

The Christmas tree isn’t resting with me. CB explained in her interview that “KB had been excited to decorate for Christmas and excited about that, but she thought maybe her fiancé and K were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something”. CB further elaborated that KB was curious as to what others in the family were requesting as gifts on their list.....A lot of information given here! I just have a feeling the portion about the fiancé and K getting the tree themselves was intentional, but I can’t explain why?
Also, can’t remember if CB mentioned it in this interview or another, but she made mention of KB’s appearance in the Safeway video, specifically her hair I believe. No blow out or straight iron needed for a trip to cut down a Christmas tree...Right?
I think it means that he is a controller and what he says goes. Even if it is down to buying a Christmas tree.

2. LE is not searching Gooding, Idaho, nor are they searching Soap Lake, WA.

What makes you think that? KB has definitely been in the news in both places, and I would assume that LE in both places are on alert for relevant evidence, if not actually proactively searching for same.

It seems odd that she would take the child to Safeway only to rush home and exchange her with PF. As a parent, I avoided taking my children to the grocery store like the plague! Why wouldn't she wait to go shopping until after the exchange? This makes it appear there was never a plan to do an exchange that day.

My current theory is that KB and baby K arrived home from Safeway to find him waiting or just arriving -- or maybe they connected at the store and he followed them home so she could drop off her car. Then they headed out either to get a tree, or for Thanksgiving dinner at his place (and she brought her groceries with her, including the ingredients for whatever she had asked her mom about earlier).

I don't even think she went back in her house, because if she did she would have grabbed the cinnamon rolls for the next morning. (Since she wasn't driving her own vehicle to his place I'll speculate that she expected to stay the night and he would drive her back home the next day or whenever.) So she and the baby arrived back from the store and went straight from her vehicle to his truck.

She hadn't "done" her hair, per CB, but if they were going to get a tree first maybe no need. She might have hair and makeup items and even some clothes kept at his house to get ready for dinner.

Then something went wrong. Maybe while getting the tree. Maybe even after dinner, but that would require PF's mom to lie about it, denying KB had been there (presumably) so I'll guess maybe it happened before their holiday dinner, and he simply told his mom KB wasn't coming for dinner after all.

Of course it's also possible they actually did break up and KB actually did plan a getaway for a few days while the baby stayed with PF, but then something happened and she never made it back home to get her vehicle and pack for her trip. I don't think that's likely though, but I know reality often is complex and more than one story can be playing out at a time.

Last edited:
That tends to happen more with children than with adults, but you’re right, it is odd that we haven’t had any “sightings” of her thus far.

Not that I believe that there will ever be a genuine sighting of her.

It wouldn't surprise me if LE has received tips and sightings. Maybe we haven't heard about it because they aren't saying anything.
jmo

Someone posted a story in this thread in which her neighbor placed his truck at her home that same day the boyfriend claimed to pick their kid up. That same neighbor said they recognized the truck because they had seen it there many times in the past when he was previously picking up the kid. The more I read the more it sounds like the kid was their only connection. This does not sound like two people in a relationship. I hope and expect that the experts have checked to see whether any of her colleagues, associates... had requested that same week off from work. And that the security video from the airports in closest proximity to the phone ping were also checked.
I agree. I think they have been done for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong