The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doria Ragland steps out in LA after turning down the Queen's invitation to spend Christmas with the royals and pregnant Meghan Markle in the UK

Doria Ragland steps out in LA after turning down Queen Elizabeth’s UK royal Christmas invitation | Daily Mail Online

Where would you rather spend the holidays? California or England? Stuck with inlaws, having to make sure you use the right fork, and other royal protocol.

I don't know why it is a big deal that Daria chose to stay home.

Last edited:
IMO Thomas showed his true colors well before the wedding when he supposedly allowed his other daughter to talk him into “repairing his image” with the fake paparazzi photos. It was all about Thomas then and it’s all about Thomas now. He cannot be trusted and he brought this all on himself. A loving father just doesn’t do that. Period. I’m sorry for Meghan having to find that out about her father right before her wedding. She is right to have no contact. He would exploit her...and her children.

Twins.
IVF?

Please stop with the hand on stomach, it’s a little much.

It reminds me of the Royals back when, being pregnant was the ultimate success for a queen or princess. Succession of the royal family and dynasty.

I thought I was the only one who was tired of that. It often times doesn't even look natural and you can tell she is posing.

Meghan does appear to be "posing" in the above photo with her hand on her belly. Who or what is she looking at? Meghan's gaze doesn't appear to make eye contact with the woman standing before her. I thought it looked odd.

View attachment 160679 View attachment 160680 View attachment 160681 View attachment 160682 View attachment 160683 View attachment 160684 View attachment 160685 View attachment 160688

Happy families... or sisters-in-war? Kate and Meghan are all smiles as they arrive at Buckingham Palace for the Queen's Christmas lunch amid rumours of growing tensions between the 'Fab Four'

Royals arrive for the Queen's Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

I had always wondered if you could pull off those safety stickers that are on visors in the cars. I guess they should be left on as even they have them on their visors.

Meghan does appear to be "posing" in the above photo with her hand on her belly. Who or what is she looking at? Meghan's gaze doesn't appear to make eye contact with the woman standing before her. I thought it looked odd.

I just figured the woman she is talking to in that photo either mentioned something above and behind her or that there was a momentary distraction causing Meghan to look up. Meghan appears fully engaged with her in the next photo. IMO it’s hard to draw conclusions from one photo.

As far as holding her baby bump so much, there is so much we don’t know about external influences on unborn babies. I’ve read articles recently that research shows that the baby is aware of their mother’s touch and reaches out to the wall of the uterus. Some believe it comforts the baby in stressful situations (noisy public engagements) or at the very least is a way to bond with the baby. Meghan seems like the kind of mum-to-be who would do as much as possible to soothe and bond with her baby.

Those of us who were pregnant many years ago (48 for me) or perhaps aren’t aware of these findings may find it odd, but I think it’s sweet. Meghan clearly loves children and will be a great Mom.

New video reveals babies can detect a mother's touch from inside the womb

ETA: Interesting. I removed a link and it posted. When I tried again with the link added back it wouldn’t post. Oh well. :)

This is an interesting opinion piece using Thomas Markle as an example of someone who thinks the Christmas season gives him a pass for insisting on a relationship with Meghan after being awful.

Quoting the article:

One of the worst tropes that Christmas rom coms -- and let's face it, one divisive movie in particular -- perpetuate is the power of the grand gesture. The idea that if you make a big enough fuss, you can persuade someone that they don't know their own mind (or at least, hoover up maximum sympathy in the process) has lasting allure.

<snip>

Taking a personal, painful matter involving someone besides yourself and making it public without their consent is the swiftest proof that you do not truly understand what you have done wrong. It is the action of someone who has calculated the route by which they can gain most sympathy, rather than cause the least harm. And that attitude doesn't just damage romantic relationships.

Thomas Markle, in the latest of many public demonstrations, appeared on "Good Morning Britain" this week to beg his estranged daughter Meghan to reply to his messages. He said he was "disappointed," continuing: "I'm not sure why it's happening ... I have been trying to reach out for several weeks, every day I try to text her, but haven't received anything back."

What 'Love Actually,' Cardi B and Meghan Markle share in common (opinion) - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members