Found Deceased CANADA - Andrew Edy, 22, vanished after leaving hospital w/o shoes/jacket, Calgary, AB, 8 Oct 2018

I'm not familiar with the area, but one would have to think that somebody surely would have spotted someone missing their shoes. Especially in Alberta at that time - I'm not sure of the specifics of that date, but when I was in Edmonton toward the end of September, there was snow and it was bloody freezing. I live right across the street from a hospital - walkaways are pretty noticeable, also given that they typically tend to still be in their hospital gowns.

I hope that he is found safe, and is somewhere safe right now.

Missing Calgary man’s family and friends still clinging to hope he’ll come home
Andrew Edy, 23, has been missing since Thanksgiving Day. Ever since, loved ones in Calgary have been putting up posters and doing whatever they can to bring him home safely.
His parents, Patricia and Brian Edy, are very worried and are desperate for him to come back to them.
“We are concerned if someone is assisting him. We are requesting they know there’s great anguish and love for Andrew and we want to know he’s safe and well,” Brian said.
upload_2018-10-27_1-55-18.jpegupload_2018-10-27_1-55-6.jpegupload_2018-10-27_1-55-32.jpegupload_2018-10-27_1-55-49.jpeg

I am assuming that Andrew has not been found yet. I hope he is living in some type of homeless camp or structure that's not regulated by authorities which allows him to go unnoticed.
The longer he is missing the more concern I am that he will be found alive.

Come home Andrew.

This is not ideal but I'm wondering why dogs have not been used to search the wooded area around the hospital? It's been over 5 weeks and ZERO sightings or contact. I have personally searched the area with friends and found weird stuff but we can't do it alone.

We are very close to Banff and it’s not unusual to see and young man with his vibe and aesthetic to be hiching in the side of the road in Calgary. I want to think he’s roughing it and in the mountains living off the grid but he was barely dressed. Idk where he could he. Poor sweet lad.

Is Andrew still missing and if so are there any continuing search efforts.
Have any bodies of water been searched near the hospital that Andrew was staying at.
The following was posted to the “Find Andrew Edy” FB page just yesterday, so yes, he must be still missing :(:

“Andrew is still missing and we continue the search for him. When last seen he had long hair, but he may have changed his hair style. We are posting these photos of Andrew with different lengths of hair to help people identify him. Please continue to watch for Andrew. The message to Andrew continues to be ‘come home, it is safe to come home.’ We thank everyone for their support and efforts.”

Find Andrew Edy

F59D1627-2CC4-4549-B99A-F8076E2935E1.jpeg 3C4D2AB2-4922-41AA-9A21-B814EEE33847.jpeg

It appears the last time anything about search activities was mentioned on the FB page was October 17th.

On October 23rd, someone asked the page admin. if anyone had asked LE to check the waters near the hospital, and the admin. responded “Yes they have,” so it does sound like the waters were searched at least once:

Find Andrew Edy

Personally, I would search the river again before the weather turns too cold (or has it already ... :(?) ....

I just saw this on Andrew’s “Find” website; it breaks my heart:

If you know Andrew, please ask him to call home to Calgary where is is dearly loved and missed by his family. The light is always on in his bedroom. No one will force him to go where he does not want to go.”
http://andrewedymissing.com/index.html

Some missing people really get to me; I don't know why. However, this guy just tugs at my heart strings. I sincerely hope that he is alive and he is found soon, or comes home on his own accord. He has that look of fragility and vulnerability to me. MOO. Thanks, Katt

I am do frustrated with the way this search has been conducted. Based on the information that the family released to the public it has led me and numerous other ppl searching to believe Andrew had some mental health issues and walked out the the hospital in distress. With no shoes etc. The searches made no sense to the situation but still we volunteered. I was recently told he by a credible source he did not escape the psych evaluation and was not suicidal. I was told he wanted his parents car to go Kelowna but told NO! What I don't know I'd why was he at the hospital? Why are we postering areas in the city if this is a situation of an angry frustrated adult choosing to walk away? I think the family needs to tell the volunteers the full story if they want the search to be effective. I personally have gone out with friends weekly searching the wooded area beside the hospital honestly we believed based on the info given that this young man may have committed suicide. What is actually going on? Someone pls update so we can actually help make sure he is infact alive and safe.

I am do frustrated with the way this search has been conducted. Based on the information that the family released to the public it has led me and numerous other ppl searching to believe Andrew had some mental health issues and walked out the the hospital in distress. With no shoes etc. The searches made no sense to the situation but still we volunteered. I was recently told he by a credible source he did not escape the psych evaluation and was not suicidal. I was told he wanted his parents car to go Kelowna but told NO! What I don't know I'd why was he at the hospital? Why are we postering areas in the city if this is a situation of an angry frustrated adult choosing to walk away? I think the family needs to tell the volunteers the full story if they want the search to be effective. I personally have gone out with friends weekly searching the wooded area beside the hospital honestly we believed based on the info given that this young man may have committed suicide. What is actually going on? Someone pls update so we can actually help make sure he is infact alive and safe.
Can you let us know the information you’ve found out with more detail and paragraphs please? I can’t follow this post at all.

Can you let us know the information you’ve found out with more detail and paragraphs please? I can’t follow this post at all.
I also volunteered to help look for him and the email the volunteers received implied that he had left from the psych ward. Which is why I thought it was strange they wanted us to look in clubs and downtown and then in NE part of the city. So I looked in areas that is known for homeless and where someone with no shoes or jacket won't stand out. But now we've found out that he left after an argument and that the trip to the hospital was for psychiatric help. I feel like I've been looking in the complete wrong areas. If I had known from the beginning my search may have been more effective. Although now it sounds like he was on a mission to make it to Kelowna. So who knows. I hope he comes home soon but this search could be handled better.

I also volunteered to help look for him and the email the volunteers received implied that he had left from the psych ward. Which is why I thought it was strange they wanted us to look in clubs and downtown and then in NE part of the city. So I looked in areas that is known for homeless and where someone with no shoes or jacket won't stand out. But now we've found out that he left after an argument and that the trip to the hospital was for psychiatric help. I feel like I've been looking in the complete wrong areas. If I had known from the beginning my search may have been more effective. Although now it sounds like he was on a mission to make it to Kelowna. So who knows. I hope he comes home soon but this search could be handled better.
So you’ve written here that they “implied” he left from the psych ward, making it sound like he did not leave from the psych ward.

Then later, you state he made the trip to the hospital for psychiatric help. Which makes it sound like he did leave from the psych ward.

So you’ve written here that they “implied” he left from the psych ward, making it sound like he did not leave from the psych ward.

Then later, you state he made the trip to the hospital for psychiatric help. Which makes it sound like he did leave from the psych ward.

No see the family made is sound like it was the psych ward. We repeated what we new. We do have clear confirmation he did NOT Escape or leave the hospital like an escape. He walked out because he was legally allowed to.

He ran away and has chosen to not contact his family. Unless god forbid he has committed suicide.

The family made the public pleas and posts. The information given by the family was very suggestive.

I am suggesting they at least be clear abt the situation and history if they want volunteers to be of maximum assistance.

No see the family made is sound like it was the psych ward. We repeated what we new. We do have clear confirmation he did NOT Escape or leave the hospital like an escape. He walked out because he was legally allowed to.

He ran away and has chosen to not contact his family. Unless god forbid he has committed suicide.

The family made the public pleas and posts. The information given by the family was very suggestive.

I am suggesting they at least be clear abt the situation and history if they want volunteers to be of maximum assistance.
Is it true that he did not have shoes? If so, I still don’t think he made it very far.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back