CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

The painstaking process of retrieving Chris Watts' daughters from oil drums three days after murders | Daily Mail Online

A Hazardous Materials Incident Narrative Report filed by the Colorado State Patrol details the process to retrieve the bodies of Bella and Celeste Watts after they were murdered by their father and dumped into an oil tank.

The process of removing the bodies began at 5am on the morning of August 16, and would go on for almost 14 hours, with the report noting that at 6:45pm that evening members of the Colorado State Patrol cleared the scene.

In that time, the oil from the two 400-barrel tanks on the scene were manually drained by workers, who carefully poured the liquid over metal screens to collect any possible evidence.

Then, once the tanks were emptied, men in self-contained breathing apparati gear entered and removed the bodies of Bella and Celeste, whose skin came off their bodies as they were passed out of the tanks.

[...]

View attachment 159136View attachment 159137View attachment 159138View attachment 159139View attachment 159140View attachment 159141View attachment 159142

DEC 13, 2018
Chris Watts appears nervous in hours after murder, new video shows - CNN
Chris Watts' pregnant wife and two young daughters had disappeared that morning. Now he was in his neighbor's living room, pacing back and forth, watching himself on the screen.

His neighbor's surveillance camera had captured Watts loading his truck earlier that same day -- with what Watts later admitted were the bodies of his wife, Shanann, and daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3.

Now, the neighbor, Nathaniel Trinastich, was playing the footage for police while Watts watched.

The scene was captured in a police body camera video on August 13, part of a trove of newly released evidence in the case that provides a window into the moments leading up to and following the murders.

As Watts stands next to the television, he anxiously tries to explain away his every movement to those in the room. He was just loading up some tools for work, he says. A lunch box, too.

Minutes later, after Watts left the house, Trinastich expressed doubts to police.
"I just don't understand why he keeps explaining himself over and over," Trinastich tells police. "He doesn't look worried. He looks like he's trying to cover his tracks."

The neighbor also provides police with a drastically different story about the seemingly picture-perfect couple next door.

DEC 13, 2018
Chris Watts Killed His Family. Then The Love Letters Started Rolling In. | HuffPost
But nestled among the documents was something unusual: a cache of adoring letters sent to Watts while he sat in jail awaiting trial. To some women observing from afar, Watts was a heartthrob ― and a potential romantic interest.

“I want to get to know you soooo bad its not even funny,” a 39-year-old woman from Colorado wrote to him. “Literally your on my mind almost every single day since you were in the news.” In a follow-up note, she said she would be “the happiest girl alive” if Watts wrote her back. She signed off with the hashtags #TEAMCHRIS, #CHRISISINNOCENT, #LOVEHIM and #SOOOOCUTE.

On its face, it’s difficult to comprehend why any woman would fall for a man known solely for committing a violent crime. Especially the vicious killing of his own family. And yet they do.

Nowhere is this more apparent than on Facebook, where true crime groupies gather to discuss cases. One such page, dedicated to the Watts murders, has over 19,000 members. In a recent thread, members debated whether Ryan Gosling or Jake Gyllenhaal should play Watts in a movie.

Women who are besotted with murderers often remain in denial about the crime. That way they can live inside a fantasy relationship, experts told HuffPost. There is a bizarre juxtaposition between the affectionate mood of the letters to Watts and the gruesome facts of his case.

Katherine Ramsland, a forensic psychology professor at DeSales University, said that in rare cases, women may be sexually aroused by the idea that the men committed a violent act, a condition called hybristophilia.

California psychiatrist Carole Lieberman, who wrote Bad Boys: Why We Love Them, How to Live With Them and When to Leave Them, said in her experience, many women who reach out to men in prison have low self-esteem.

DEC 14, 2018
Chris Watts serving sentence in Waupun prison
A Colorado man who killed his pregnant wife and two children is serving time at the Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun.

more+chris+watts.jpg

Chris Watts

The Wisconsin Department of Corrections said 33-year-old Chris Watts was admitted there on Dec. 3. Watts was moved out of Colorado for safety reasons.

The Colorado Department of Corrections has said the victims' family are aware of his change in location.

It's not clear yet whether Watts will serve the entirety of his sentence here in Wisconsin.

DEC 14, 2018
‘It was like he was on speed’: Girlfriend of killer Dad Chris Watts said he doubled-up on ‘Thrive’ nutritional patch, hardly slept and was rapidly losing weight [EXCLUSIVE]
The documents released by the Weld County District Attorney’s Office show that investigators spoke with Kessinger several times, in person and on the phone, in the days following her disclosure.

In the August 21 interview, conducted by phone with Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Kevin Koback, Kessinger discusses Watts’s use of Thrive, a nutritional supplement patch that Shanann Watts sold as a Multi-Level Marketer for a company called Le-Vel. Kessinger said that Chris had lost a lot of weight in the weeks and months preceding the murders and had become very fitness-focused.

Kessinger said that Watts seemed to have a lot of energy, and that she would often need to take a nap after work on days she would see him.

“He, like, didn’t need to sleep,” Kessinger said. “And he was always that way …when we would hang out … I would try to get him to go to bed at, like, 10:00 every night. I’m, like, ‘If you’re gonna stay here, you need to go to bed at, like, 10:00 because I have to get up and go to work in the morning and so do you.'”

“And he would keep me up, like, every night … it kind of fluctuated, but typically I would say that we went to bed… when he stayed the night at my house on those nights, somewhere between 11:00 and midnight every night. And it used to bug me because … I was so tired.”

“It was like he was on speed,” Kessinger said.

DEC 13, 2018
‘That was me freaking out’: New audio of Nichol Kessinger police interview details late night of phone calls, FaceTime with Chris Watts hours after Shanann, daughters went missing [EXCLUSIVE]
A CrimeOnline previously reported, Nichol Kessinger spoke to investigators on August 15 and on August 16, after approaching them to disclose her affair with Watts. In both interviews, she said that no one in her life knew about her relationship with Watts, but contacted them again the next day to clarify that she had discussed Watts with one friend.

The below audio, provided to CrimeOnline by the Weld County District Attorney’s Office, is a recording of that follow-up conversation. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent who called Kessinger that day said in the recording that he was responding to a text message he received from Kessinger at about 2 a.m. that morning.

30-minute audio at the link

Chris Watts mistress Nichol Kessinger enters witness protection with new name and identity: Report

A new report claims that Nichol Kessinger, the woman who was having an affair with Chris Watts when he murdered his pregnant wife and two young daughters, had enrolled in the witness protection program and assumed a new identity hundreds of miles from her Colorado home.

According to RadarOnline, a source close to the investigation revealed that federal authorities had placed Kessinger, 30, into witness protection for her safety.

“She has received several threats, public shaming and could be considered one of the ‘most hated women’ in America,” the source said. “She plans to start fresh with a new name, new town and ultimately a new identity.”

[...]

DEC 12, 2018
In Nichol Kessinger’s first interview with police, she said she wasn’t in love with killer dad Chris Watts: ‘It’s a horrible situation’ [EXCLUSIVE]
The Weld County District Attorney’s office provided an audio recording of Nichol Kessinger’s August 15 police interview in response to a Colorado Open Records Act Request. CrimeOnline had previously published audio of an interview Kessinger gave police on August 16, first published in the Denver Channel, which references an earlier interview.

“If she’s pregnant that’s a beautiful thing, but that’s information he definitely withheld from me,” Kessinger told the investigator. She also said that when she confronted Watts about the pregnancy, he initially tried to claim the baby wasn’t his, but that she knew he was lying. Eventually, Watts told her the truth, Kessinger said.

The 30-year-old woman also spoke about going to Watts’ home in Frederick. Here and in other instances, Kessinger’s account deviates from a more formal interview she gave the next day. In the initial interview, Kessinger said she went to the house only once, in mid-July, and stayed for 15 minutes.

In the subsequent interview, Kessinger told investigators that she went to the home one other time earlier in July, and had lunch with Chris there.

When asked if Chris Watts was in love with her, Kessinger said yes, but when asked if she was in love with him, she said no.

In both interviews, Kessinger said that no one in her life was aware of her relationship with Watts. But as CrimeOnline previously reported, Kessinger called investigators the next day to clarify that she had spoken to a friend of hers about seeing Watts, and police subsequently interviewed that friend.

DEC 17, 2018
Daughter of Family Murderer Chris Watts Would Have Turned 5 Today
Sweet, shy Bella Watts didn’t like being the center of attention.

Never far from mother Shanann‘s side, the bashful 4-year-old seemed to prefer sharing the spotlight with her more outgoing little sister, Celeste, or Cece, 3, her best friend and constant companion.

On her birthday, though, Bella came of out her shell. She delighted in blowing out the candles on her cake and opening her presents, surrounded by those she loved the most: her parents, Cece and the family dog, Dieter, in the family’s Frederick, Colorado home.

Bella would have turned 5 on Monday. But this year there won’t be any candles to blow out or gifts for her to open.

DEC 18, 2018
Killer Chris Watts' mistress 'is in witness protection' | Daily Mail Online
Kessinger also told authorities in interview tapes that were obtained by DailyMail.com under a open records request that she had left the state of Colorado and started a new job.

'It's not fair. It wasn't fair to me in the first place, it wasn't fair to her in the first place, it wasn't fair to any of us in the first place, you know,' Kessigner told investigators, referring to Watts' lies.

'It wasn't fair to his family for him to have an affair, it wasn't fair to me to have him lie to me and make me think that everything is going to plan. And still to this day, I don't even know what's a lie and what's not.'

She also worried about what would happen to her once she was revealed to be other woman.

'My name is about to be like slandered, for probably a while. I don't know how long it's gonna take to heal. but I would not be surprised if it's gonna be hard to go out in public sometimes for a couple of years,' she explained.

'And that really hurts me. I'm just like, this is a horrible horrible thing. Like, how dare you, you know. And people aren't gonna understand that. You know, they're gonna say, 'oh you know, you're the woman that had an affair with this man who took out his whole family.'

DEC 19, 2018
Colorado Killer Chris Watts Receiving Love Letters in Jail
“In my heart, you are a great guy,” wrote a woman named Candace, reported ABC 11. “I’m hoping to brighten your days,” wrote another woman.

One of the women sent a picture of herself in a bikini.

Psychologist Dr. Judy Ho, co-host of “Face the Truth,” said that even the worst criminals have people who write to them, visit them, and even propose marriage.

“These women have created a fantasy life for themselves especially with their pretend relationship with these men behind bars,” she told Inside Edition.

“It is oftentimes what we talk about when women seem to be attracted by bad boys. It is because they want to be the special person that can turn this life around and be able to attribute that to their own self-esteem.”

JAN 2, 2019
Chris Watts' Alleged Gay Lover Reveals Details of Their 10-Month Affair: Netflix, Meeting the Girls and More
A man who claims to have had a 10-month affair with convicted killer Chris Wattsis opening up exclusively to Inside Edition about their relationship.

Days before the murders of Shan'ann, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and Bella and Celeste, Bolte said he received a long text message from Watts.

"Chris said that he was in love with me," Bolte recalled. "He said he had never been so comfortable with someone. He said he felt like he could actually be himself around me."

News of Watts' arrest shortly afterward came as a "complete shock," Bolte said.

"I got ill," Bolte said. "... I wish I had never met him."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back