TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to raise interest in WCJD elsewhere but there was a bad reaction from some because WCJD is a young female victim and I'm male.

I finally have my computer fixed so here are some articles on Rebekah house:

The North Texas Daily (Denton, Tex.), Vol. 62, No. 99, Ed. 1 Thursday, April 12, 1979

The North Texas Daily (Denton, Tex.), Vol. 63, No. 28, Ed. 1 Friday, October 19, 1979

Sulphur Springs News-Telegram (Sulphur Springs, Tex.), Vol. 102, No. 97, Ed. 1 Wednesday, April 23, 1980

This one talks about it being closed but it was operated by a different group called People's Baptist Church which sounds like one of the cults (wasn't that the name of Jim Jones' church?) Sulphur Springs News-Telegram (Sulphur Springs, Tex.), Vol. 103, No. 145, Ed. 1 Friday, June 19, 1981

We have discussed the possibility of her living a more transient lifestyle...moving for work etc. but I don't know that I have thought much about the possibility of being a military family. I do know that the Naval Air Station in Beeville (Corpus/Aransas area) was very active at the time. I wonder if her father could have been in the Navy? If so did they have schools there available for the families or did they attend public school primarily. Beeville is also where "Kathy/Kathleen" was photo'd at the hotel. Has there been any investigating of Beeville area schools that we know of?

We have discussed the possibility of her living a more transient lifestyle...moving for work etc. but I don't know that I have thought much about the possibility of being a military family. I do know that the Naval Air Station in Beeville (Corpus/Aransas area) was very active at the time. I wonder if her father could have been in the Navy? If so did they have schools there available for the families or did they attend public school primarily. Beeville is also where "Kathy/Kathleen" was photo'd at the hotel. Has there been any investigating of Beeville area schools that we know of?
I had thought about her coming from a base but I never got around to looking if there was one in that area. As far as I have read there was only a concentration on the Aransas area since it was reported that she claimed to be from there. I also wandered if the waitress was mistaken and remembered incorrectly. There are plenty of towns in Texas that have similar names. Rockport/Rockdale/Round Rock/Rocksprings/Rockland
One thing I think would have stuck out was her having a different accent. I feel like she had to have at least grown up here or around here so she sounded somewhat like a Texan. I don't know if we all do it but I immediately take notice if someone doesn't sound like they are from around here. When I am outside Texas people ask if we are from Texas or where we are from.

I had thought about her coming from a base but I never got around to looking if there was one in that area. As far as I have read there was only a concentration on the Aransas area since it was reported that she claimed to be from there. I also wandered if the waitress was mistaken and remembered incorrectly. There are plenty of towns in Texas that have similar names. Rockport/Rockdale/Round Rock/Rocksprings/Rockland
One thing I think would have stuck out was her having a different accent. I feel like she had to have at least grown up here or around here so she sounded somewhat like a Texan. I don't know if we all do it but I immediately take notice if someone doesn't sound like they are from around here. When I am outside Texas people ask if we are from Texas or where we are from.

Look up Chase Field...it was a training field for Navy pilots and was most active during Vietnam era....so 75-80 would have been on the tail end of some of its busiest years.

I know it. Pretty much all of the information we have is based on what he or she said and remembered.

Hello,

Update from Chenealogy,

“As of 12/17/18, no updates have happened with the possible family. If we cannot get a genetic sample before 12/24/18, we will have to stop investigating the case.”

I finally have my computer fixed so here are some articles on Rebekah house:

The North Texas Daily (Denton, Tex.), Vol. 62, No. 99, Ed. 1 Thursday, April 12, 1979

The North Texas Daily (Denton, Tex.), Vol. 63, No. 28, Ed. 1 Friday, October 19, 1979

Sulphur Springs News-Telegram (Sulphur Springs, Tex.), Vol. 102, No. 97, Ed. 1 Wednesday, April 23, 1980

This one talks about it being closed but it was operated by a different group called People's Baptist Church which sounds like one of the cults (wasn't that the name of Jim Jones' church?) Sulphur Springs News-Telegram (Sulphur Springs, Tex.), Vol. 103, No. 145, Ed. 1 Friday, June 19, 1981
sounds like Tony Alamo.

Was this Jane doe ruled out as being all three of the Fort Worth trio missing girls or just Mary Trilica?

I'm new this forum (but I have been following this WCJD for some time now) and I know this thread was recently started because the previous one was so large so forgive me if this has been discussed - what does everyone think of Samuel Little and all of the confessions he's been having of decades old cold-cases? I think i'm just being overly-optimistic but I'm hoping he gets linked to WCJD; that could shed a lot of light on who she was.

I'm new this forum (but I have been following this WCJD for some time now) and I know this thread was recently started because the previous one was so large so forgive me if this has been discussed - what does everyone think of Samuel Little and all of the confessions he's been having of decades old cold-cases? I think i'm just being overly-optimistic but I'm hoping he gets linked to WCJD; that could shed a lot of light on who she was.
We brought that up a little at the end of the last thread. Especially disturbing is the description of him beating his victims. I have looked at the time lines for the murders and it doesn't say if he was in Texas at the time but I believe that within a year or two of the murder they have him in Louisiana so its not too much of a stretch that a man who traveled around killing could have passed through Huntsville at the time.
The problem is that he seems to be confessing to everything like Henry Lee Lucas did. I wonder if we could find out what kind of car Little was driving at the time? I am still suspicious of the blue car that WCJD was seen getting into/out of.

By the way, I can never remember what kind of car she was seen in. Anyone ever have a photo of the type of car?

Update on Chenealogy Work:

“Our Jane Doe is under comparison with a missing 18-yr old from Louisiana. Ms. Mary Rodermund is being compared, and collection of a reference genetic sample from a family member of Mary has been unsuccessful. Hopes for the best!”

By the way, I can never remember what kind of car she was seen in. Anyone ever have a photo of the type of car?
It's been said it was a 1973 or 1974 Chevy Caprice. I am so haunted and unsettled by this case. I live in Huntsville, TX. I've always been suspicious about the car she got out of and wonder if they tried finding 73/74 Chevy Caprices in Huntsville at the time for questioning or looking for evidence. They seem to never mention any interest in that car aside from the fact they mentioned she got out of it. The fact that she didn't have a bag/purse/backpack also sticks out to me. I wish we could know (if she really WAS heading to the prison) who was waiting for her? Male or female? Young or old? Related or friend? What was her plan once she visited given it was so late at night?

I agree it would be nice to have some closure as far as the killer goes but if he was a drifter and a killer I seriously doubt it would shed much light on her identity.

We brought that up a little at the end of the last thread. Especially disturbing is the description of him beating his victims. I have looked at the time lines for the murders and it doesn't say if he was in Texas at the time but I believe that within a year or two of the murder they have him in Louisiana so its not too much of a stretch that a man who traveled around killing could have passed through Huntsville at the time.
The problem is that he seems to be confessing to everything like Henry Lee Lucas did. I wonder if we could find out what kind of car Little was driving at the time? I am still suspicious of the blue car that WCJD was seen getting into/out of.
What really made my stomach drop when I was reading about Sam Little was the fact he brutally beat and strangled his victims and that he targeted women "who wouldn't be missed." That irks me. I hope we can find out what car he was driving at the time and a more precise location of his whereabouts that time of year. I believe they mentioned he was in Houston around the time which is about an hour and a half from Huntsville.

I agree it would be nice to have some closure as far as the killer goes but if he was a drifter and a killer I seriously doubt it would shed much light on her identity.
You're right. I've had that same thought... IF he did remember doing it, I think it would be hoping too much that he also remembered her name given his excess of encounters of young women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah