GUILTY KS - 5 yr old murdered, 1 yr old injured, Lawrence, 3 Aug 2018

It seems to me that anyone who is paying child support can locate that child and other parent by stopping the payments. When they ask where is my support check...where shall I send it? Not to know where your child is for 16 months is telling in my opinion.

It seems child support action was began 6-7-2013 but it never went anywhere. I don't know what this docket entry means:

08/23/2013 Judge/Clerk - Note
COURT TAKES UP AFFIDAVIT AND PETITION FOR PERMISSION TO PROSECUTE CAUSE OF ACTION AS A POOR PERSON. PETITION IS DENIED. /S/RMW

06/07/2013 Administrative Order Filed
Other Final Disposition
Judge Assigned

JMO

Do you have a link to the docket @jggordo ? please? :) I want to see if I can access it or not.

Just enter the name where prompted. It is the only one in her name as the plaintiff I believe. I could not find a Court case that is mentioned in one of the articles about custody. Was she talking to Family Services or an actual Court proceeding? Two totally different things, one much more serious than the other.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/case.s/nameSearch.do

The Missouri mother who allegedly purposely drove her children into the Kansas River to kill them and herself will not have a preliminary hearing, where witnesses would have publicly testified about details of the case prior to a full-fledged jury trial.

Instead, Scharron R. Dingledine, 26, of Columbia, Mo., waived her right to that hearing on Tuesday in Douglas County District Court.

snip
She and her appointed attorney, Carol Cline, said they wanted more time to work on the case prior to Dingledine’s arraignment, which the judge scheduled for Dec. 3. No trial date has been set.

snip
Two months after the incident, Elijah is still hospitalized.

No preliminary hearing for Missouri mom charged with driving kids into Kansas River, killing one

32969862_1536955184858276_r.jpeg

Elijah Lake and his Dad

I don't know how long he was without oxygen before he was brought back.

Monday, Dec. 3rd:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – KS – Amiyah Renae Bradley (5 yr old daughter-died, August 3, 2018, Lawrence; body recovered 8/4/18) & 1 yr old son (injured) – *Scharron Renea Dingledine (26) “mom” arrested (8/4/18) on 1st degree murder with premeditation & attempted 1st degree murder (on 1 yr old). $1M bond cash/Surety.
Elijah Lake (1 yr) is still in intensive care (8/6/18). 10/2/18: he will be traveling to New Orleans, LA for further more advanced treatment Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBOT) & in fair condition.
8/6/18: Charged. 8/7: Def. motion for mental evaluation. Next hearing 8/28 for evaluation report. 8/28/18: Deemed competent to stand trial, next hearing 10/2.
10/2/18 Update: Waived right to prelim hearing; entered no plea. Arraignment scheduled for 12/3.

I am in hopes that ASAP a Defense Atty. will ask for and get a change in venue for this case, like Johnson County, KS. For selfish reasons I have to admit, as the Courts are online available.

I also wish that Media would continue to make the connection between Lawrence, KS and Columbia, MO. This tragedy actually began as a Domestic Violence issue in Columbia that IMO was not handled all that well by LEO, as she was allowed by them to check herself into a 24 hour mental facility instead of authorities taking the lead and making it a full 72 hour hold, whereas her ex was notified regarding his 5 year old Daughter. I feel that had he had the opportunity to intercede at least his child would have been spared.

JMO

Monday, Dec. 17th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ pm CT) – KS – Amiyah Renae Bradley (5 yr old daughter-died, August 3, 2018, Lawrence; body recovered 8/4/18) & 1 yr old son (injured) – *Scharron Renea Dingledine (26) “mom” arrested (8/4/18), charged (8/6/18) & arraigned (12/3/18) with 1st degree murder with premeditation & attempted 1st degree murder (on 1 yr old). Plead not guilty. $1M bond cash/Surety.
Elijah Lake (1 yr) is still in intensive care (8/6/18). 10/2/18: he will be traveling to New Orleans, LA for further more advanced treatment Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBOT) & in fair condition.
8/6/18: Charged. 8/7: Def. motion for mental evaluation. Next hearing 8/28 for evaluation report. 8/28/18: Deemed competent to stand trial, next hearing 10/2. 10/2/18: Waived right to prelim hearing; entered no plea. Arraignment scheduled for 12/3. 12/3/18: Plead not guilty. Next hearing is on 12/17.

After she was released from the hospital, her boyfriend agreed to take her to a shelter. But when he stopped at a store, Dingledine drove off in his car, with the children inside, she told detectives. She later stole another vehicle near Columbia and drove to the Kansas City area, where she spent the night in the vehicle. She drove to Lawrence Aug. 3 and was "feeling depressed and worried about the consequences of her actions" on the previous day, according to the affidavit.

from link above...

Her murder charge carries a sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years. The attempted murder charge carries a sentence between 12 and 14 years. She'll learn her fate on January 22.

From the same article above.

A mentally ill Missouri mother has pleaded guilty to murdering her 5-year-old daughter and trying to murder her 1-year-old son by driving the children into the Kansas River.

Scharron R. Dingledine, 26, of Columbia, appeared in Douglas County District Court Monday for a hearing where the judge initially was expected to schedule her murder trial date.

Instead, Dingledine pleaded guilty and was convicted of felony first-degree murder of daughter Amiyah Bradley, rather than her initial charge of premeditated first-degree murder. She pleaded guilty as charged to attempted first-degree murder of her son, Elijah Lake.

Mother who drove kids into Kansas River pleads guilty to murder and attempted murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back