Resolved AR - Little Rock, Male UP9158, 20-50, mummified in truck, shoulder tattoo, May'11 - Name withheld

Thanks. I know I've read of other mummified remains found in vehicles though, so I guess it's the mechanism I'm wrong about.

In those cases maybe a window was left open a crack, the door seals had rotted or there was a hole in the floor, any of which would mean air access.

Is this UID to young to be Marvin "Rusty" Holderman that is missing possibly since 2008?

20031774_1622921797749418_3766968397533479611_n.jpg

Amazing likeness. This image came from a medical fundraiser. I really want to message the sponsor and query specifically about the image. Maybe I should make a donation first. . .

20031774_1622921797749418_3766968397533479611_n.jpg

Amazing likeness. This image came from a medical fundraiser. I really want to message the sponsor and query specifically about the image. Maybe I should make a donation first. . .

Likeness to what? The tattoo?

Likeness to what? The tattoo?

Yes, but surely one eye was closed and the other one crossed because the only thing similar that I now notice is the jawbone. :facepalm:

Yes, but surely one eye was closed and the other one crossed because the only thing similar that I now notice is the jawbone. :facepalm:

The Y-shaped part of a human mandible does bear some resemblance to part of the tattoo (lower right area) but the rest of that shape on the tattoo skull doesn't look like a jawbone to me.

The Y-shaped part of a human mandible does bear some resemblance to part of the tattoo (lower right area) but the rest of that shape on the tattoo skull doesn't look like a jawbone to me.

Yes, agree to that. Here's my current dilemma. They have his age as between 20 - 50 yo. If he was in the fifty year old range in 2011 when he was found, he could be a Vietnam War Vet. If he's over forty, he could have gone to Iraq when we used Agent Orange. Why can't a dentist step in and give an opinion on the appx age based on the condition of his teeth? It seems a 20yo may have different looking teeth than a 50yo. IE, does he still have molars? Are his teeth in good care condition?

Is identifying the tattoo going to help us determine a more narrow age bracket that is not within a forty years bracket supplied by LE? He may have attempted living throughout the 2011 winter inside the vehicle and froze to death. Why didn't he seek help before frostbite or hypothermia set in? I assume his COD is Hypothermia.

New to this thread, the tattoo strikes me as some sort of motorcycle club tattoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little more info re: Gary Lee Carpenter. He has/had paranoid schizophrenia, and a tattoo of "Gary" between his fingers--this may not have been obvious, depending on the condition of that part of the body.

4997DMAR - Gary Carpenter

There's several court records that seem to be related to him in Pulaski County, most recently one which possibly declaring him deceased in 2017, but very little information as to the charges involved with the others. The rest are from 2004-2010, with an uptick in frequency from 2008-2010. The final one is May 3, 2010.

The above court records suggest that Gary Carpenter is a common name in Arkansas. There is even a construction company in Little Rock with that name:

Gary Carpenter Construction Company | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Regarding the criminal charges, if you click on the case ID of any entry, more details can be found. The few that I clicked on appeared to be for petty offenses, such as trespassing and driving without a license, which seem unsurprising for somebody struggling with schizophrenia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back