CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, the employer being texted tends to make me believe that KB sent that text. (Occam, and all that.) I know that there are a thousand theories of how the texts could have been sent from Idaho by someone else, but AFAIK there's not a shred of evidence that we are privy to that would support any of those theories. (e.g., nobody has suggested that PF wasn't near home over that weekend or the following week)
And I am suspicious that it wasn’t her sending the text to work...because who texts work and says they are taking a week off without prior notice? It doesn’t seem professional.

So, you really think that she is some kind of mad woman that someone was taking to a mental health facility 700 miles away and she did something to cause her death?
Are there no mental health facilities in CO?

I don't think anything specific. I believe that as adults, we should be able to hold emotions and, maybe, resort to polite discussions? :)

You are putting words in my mouth, "mad woman" is not my language, in fact, I'd be ashamed to ever call people who struggle in such a derogatory way.

Someone posted mental health facility as an option and I am discussing this option.

I have a feeling that she was OK till the 25th. And the fact that her family was unconcerned till Dec 2 means that the version they heard as to why she was off the radar was plausible. So...there might be many reasons for her to make the trip to Gooding, but one of them could be some facility.

And given her job, it is very obvious that she would not want to sign herself into any facility in Colorado.

Just another scenario. I am slightly tired of discussing cinnamon buns.

Dont forget the rapelling ropes, safety harnesses, and carabiners. LOL :)

Seriously though. Be careful if you go. Maybe bring a good pair of binoculars where you can look down from the bridge down to the rocks and get a closeup view of the bottom.

Thanks in advance if you go.
There will be absolutely no rapelling haha! We do however have a good set of binoculars and a pretty good camera. I will keep you all posted if I get out there!

I don't think anything specific. I believe that as adults, we should be able to hold emotions and, maybe, resort to polite discussions? :)

You are putting words in my mouth, "mad woman" is not my language, in fact, I'd be ashamed to ever call people who struggle in such a derogatory way.

Someone posted mental health facility as an option and I am discussing this option.

I have a feeling that she was OK till the 25th. And the fact that her family was unconcerned till Dec 2 means that the version they heard as to why she was off the radar was plausible. So...there might be many reasons for her to make the trip to Gooding, but one of them could be some facility.

And given her job, it is very obvious that she would not want to sign herself into any facility in Colorado.

Just another scenario. I am slightly tired of discussing cinnamon buns.
A mental health facility 700 miles from her home? And someone took her there and something happened on the way (your words).
There has never been any knowledge that she has a mental illness, but now she is carted off to a mental health facility 700 miles from her home and something happened?
What do you think happened in this scenario?

Cn you say more about this statement? thank you
The police say that her phone pinged in Idaho and she has family there. It is always interesting when a missing person leaves evidence that points to some place familiar to the missing person. I'm curious if the police checked to see if one of her students took off that day in a plane owned or rented. Not much seems to be known about her private life. I hope she is all right.

Am I the only one who thinks he could have made the trip to Idaho and back without anyone thinking twice about it? For all we know, he could be gone a good part of the day into the evening fairly often. There's cattle to buy and sell, equipment to buy and sell. I can see him spending quite a bit of time at auctions for all kinds of things. And a fair amount of them, if not all, would be out of town. And his mom probably watches his daughter on those occasions.

Farmers and cattle ranchers don't spend a lot of time indoors. They're away doing things. At least the ones in my family are.

The police say that her phone pinged in Idaho and she has family there. It is always interesting when a missing person leaves evidence that points to some place familiar to the missing person. I'm curious if the police checked to see if one of her students took off that day in a plane owned or rented. Not much seems to be known about her private life. I hope she is all right.
Her phone pinged several hundred miles away from where her mother lives.

It doesn’t appear that she was headed there, as this is very likely foul play.

They did look at the possibility that she left on a plane, but they have come up blank there, as one would suspect.

Am I the only one who thinks he could have made the trip to Idaho and back without anyone thinking twice about it? For all we know, he could be gone a good part of the day into the evening fairly often. There's cattle to buy and sell, equipment to buy and sell. I can see him spending quite a bit of time at auctions for all kinds of things. And a fair amount of them, if not all, would be out of town. And his mom probably watches his daughter on those occasions.

Farmers and cattle ranchers don't spend a lot of time indoors. They're away doing things. At least the ones in my family are.
Exactly. He didn’t have set hours, and didn’t have to clock in to work.

It’s reasonable to expect that he frequently made lengthy trips out of state.

All he needed was someone to watch his child. This person was very likely his mother.

Exactly. He didn’t have set hours, and didn’t have to clock in to work.

It’s reasonable to expect that he frequently made lengthy trips out of state.

All he needed was someone to watch his child. This person was very likely his mother.
And I bet that he's away so often, his mom didn't even question it. I bet she still doesn't.

New to the site. Very interesting/baffling case! As someone who doesn't follow ongoing missing persons forums, it seems like the possibility of suicide doesnt get nearly as much attention as I would think it should. It's always tough to gauge where someone is at mentally and the only people (that I've seen) speakimg to her character are her family members. The same ones who seem to be clueless to the actual relationship KB had with her fiance. The text to work could be KB looking out for coworkers/boss she might care for by giving them a heads-up she won't be in the following week. Maybe she was buying herself time.

If my wife went missing, I'd immediately get a lawyer and follow their advice as well...I don't think it's all that strange at all.

Again it's all new to me, but thought I'd throw in my two cents. Really enjoy following everyone's posts on here.

New to the site. Very interesting/baffling case! As someone who doesn't follow ongoing missing persons forums, it seems like the possibility of suicide doesnt get nearly as much attention as I would think it should. It's always tough to gauge where someone is at mentally and the only people (that I've seen) speakimg to her character are her family members. The same ones who seem to be clueless to the actual relationship KB had with her fiance. The text to work could be KB looking out for coworkers/boss she might care for by giving them a heads-up she won't be in the following week. Maybe she was buying herself time.

If my wife went missing, I'd immediately get a lawyer and follow their advice as well...I don't think it's all that strange at all.

Again it's all new to me, but thought I'd throw in my two cents. Really enjoy following everyone's posts on here.
If your wife went missing, would you report her missing?

Would you do something to search for her?

Because this guy didn’t.

The lawyer isn’t the issue. It’s everything that came before.

So here's a thought - if the phone made a trip to Idaho on the 25th, it's unlikely KB made that trip, too, three days after she went missing. That would mean she's still close by and her phone is just a decoy.

Am I the only one who thinks he could have made the trip to Idaho and back without anyone thinking twice about it? For all we know, he could be gone a good part of the day into the evening fairly often.
Nope! I fully think he drove with ONE phone only while powered off to somewhere near Gooding. Then, powered phone back on, sent 2 strategic texts to pacify, powered off, destroyed said phone, then drove back in barely under 24 hours. JMO. MOO. IMO

So here's a thought - if the phone made a trip to Idaho on the 25th, it's unlikely KB made that trip, too, three days after she went missing. That would mean she's still close by and her phone is just a decoy.
Yeah, I could go either way here.

Few people are willing to hold on to a body for three days, and then make a lengthy trip to dump it.

It makes sense that she would be close.

But he could have always buried or hidden her somewhere on his ranch, and moved her on the 25th.

I’m leaning your way, but open to the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member