CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
News conference at 10

Prayers for Kelsey, you, and your family.

t4560.gif

Yes, it was just a matter of time, wasn't it? My heart is heavy for Kelsey's family. :( I hope they can find her.
MOO

Yes, it's a sad day. I'm glad they got him but I can't celebrate an arrest when Kelsey's family must be hurting so much at this info. And poor baby K effectively has no parents now. The "whys" never make any sense. :(
MOO.

I'm sorry to ask this because I imagine it's been discussed a lot, but would some kind person who has been following this more closely than I have let me know if it's been said why there was such a delay in reporting her missing? Pretty please?
I think we'd all like to know that. MOO

I felt PF was guilty, but hoping against all odds he was innocent.

Because of baby K. She will grow up without the father of the mother. I hope she retains some, if vague, memory of her mom.

One person to whom something similar happened, said that by the time the jailed parent was released, she/he felt so lonely, having grown up with someone unrelated, that she/he hugged the parent and cried of joy. That was the murderer parent, but the only parent the person ended up having.

RIP, Kelsey. I hope justice will be done. What a sad story.

Feeling very compassionate towards Kelsey's family.

it's been a pretty crazy year of crimes, so we also never really know what could happen anymore re: who is responsible or what happened

Omg!!!!! I’m so busy with work and checked this really quick. Poor Kelsey. My heart breaks for her and her little girl. I hope PF gets everything he deserves.

Will have so much to go through later to catch up!

Why do people think they can get away with this? You can't dispose of a human being like garbage just because you didn't get your way!

Shanann (and babies) and now Kelsey...

The sad truth is that *sometimes* people DO get away with it. While I'm heartbroken at the outcome, I do find peace in the fact that justice will be served for Shanaan and Kelsey. I'm also thankful for Websleuths to giving us the forum to remember those missing/deceased who haven't (yet) had justice.

They are lucky they got him as he was leaving. Who knows how long it could have taken to find him. Last night was we were watching everything unfold at KB's, it was pretty obvious that they had significant evidence they were picking up. The videos were tweeted out by the news reporters so I figured PF had to know what was going on. Wondered if he was going to leave. Wonder why he didn't last night, esp since he was clearly leaving this am,

Jmo They (le) were there, they waited for him to leave the house.

The arrest photo is on KOAA2 facebook page along with the statement "He was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of first-degree murder". I'm sure LE has more than a suspicion at this point. This reads almost as if his attorney wrote it, jmo

Which one of you all predicted an arrest on Friday morning?

I'm surprised and amazed at the work of LE. I did not think there would be an arrest so fast. In fact, this one scared me as to the possibility of going cold.

My gosh. Don't murder in Colorado.

I was pretty sure that an arrest would come in the morning. Once we saw the FBI crime vehicle go to KB's and they started pulling out large pieces from the house, it was pretty clear they had significant evidence, likely blood spatter (via luminol). Could they have waited and continued building- sure but I didn't think they would wait much longer after they picked that up from KB for a couple of reasons- christmas coming up and staffing issues, safety of the child, flight risk etc.

<modsnipped quoted post>

You know, it's probably not all black/white and I'm sure Kelsey and PF each had things they could have done better... but... this end is really not the answer to any of it. :(
In normal relationships, that may be true, and I know that it seems like a "fair" line of thinking, but it goes against everything we know about abusive relationships and causes a lot of harm to survivors. I think we have a lot of evidence that PF had an abuser mentality--I mean flipping a horse trailer with a horse in it because he didn't get his way? Good people don't do that.

When it comes to relationship violence, it does not "take two to tango." An abuser will find any excuse to abuse, and many of the troubling behaviors we see on the part of the victim/survivor are not contributing factors in the abuse, as the abuser (and his supporters) would have us believe, but a result of the victim trying to cope with an unlivable situation. And that's if you believe the supporters that the victim even engaged in questionable behaviors, which I don't. Abusers always have their flying monkeys.

https://www.loveisrespect.org/content/myth-of-mutual-abuse/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member