CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he didn't necessarily try to hire someone to commit murder (I believe she died directly at PF's hands - JMO), but rather getting someone to conceal evidence (cell phone perhaps)? Just pondering...
I was thinking along the same lines. Like for instance mailing her phone to Idaho then using someone to hack her phone and send those texts.

FWIW, It is solicitation for murder. Not solicitation for aiding and abetting, or obstruction of justice. PF solicitated someone to kill Kelsey. There might be others out there that did help PF by aiding and covering up for him. But that is not Solicitation for murder.

I am wondering if PF actually killed her, or the person he solicited did. I could see him wanting to be seen picking up the baby, knowing what was going to happen (or did already happen)

Nothing new in this article; just posting for the photos.
Arrest 0.jpg Arrest 1.jpg 48395194_10157093171403939_4106274041063538688_o.jpg
Fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth is arrested and charged with murder | Daily Mail Online

Patrick Frazee was served with an arrest warrant early in the morning and then walked away in handcuffs to be charged with first-degree murder as well as solicitation of murder.

Berreth was last seen on Thanksgiving day entering a supermarket near her home in Woodland Park with her infant daughter Kaylee before going to drop the girl off with Frazee at the home he shares with his mother.

Frazee, 32, is the father of the young girl. She is now in protective custody and will soon be reunited with her mother's family.

FWIW, It is solicitation for murder. Not solicitation for aiding and abetting, or obstruction of justice. PF solicitated someone to kill Kelsey. There might be others out there that did help PF by aiding and covering up for him. But that is not Solicitation for murder.
The DA nor the chief never said “solicitation for murder”. They only said “solicitation”. And when the DA started explaining the statute, he didn’t mention murder then, either. Instead, I believe he started out talking about burglary if memory serves.

So the more I think about, the more I wonder if PF solicited someone to break in, and things went sideways.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
On Day 29, after 19 days of investigating, police believe Kelsey Berreth was murdered. May she Rest In Peace. #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Du9SRdvUUAE6i1E.jpg

9:35 AM - 21 Dec 2018

I just asked if they have reason to believe the murder took place in her townhome. Chief De Young says yes. That’s why they have been returning to her home for more evidence. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9:15 AM - 21 Dec 2018

They’ve finally received enough information to implicate Frazee, and that’s what led to his arrest. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9:15 AM - 21 Dec 2018

The phone information was accurate. It did end up in Idaho, and they’re still working to find it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9:16 AM - 21 Dec 2018

It would appear Frazee had help, per the solicitation charge. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9:17 AM - 21 Dec 2018

Replying to @SamKraemerTV @KOAA
Did his mom get arrested?

9:21 AM - 21 Dec 2018

Replying to @CRHPG @KOAA
No. Police just said only he was arrested

9:22 AM - 21 Dec 2018
I sure hope they find that phone.
MOO

I guess we now know why he was carrying the baby everywhere. Last time he will ever be able to. Had to get his time in.

Exactly. Maybe he thought of her as his “safety net”. Like he would not be arrested with a baby in tow. Duh

You know, I don’t believe men that do this love their children. If they did, they would want their child to have a mom.

Mugshot is out, he’s in green/white stripes. No link, saw it on HLN

It's amazing, isn't it? That is always how this happens. Tale as old as time. And yet each time, there are folks doing Olympic-worthy mental gymnastics trying to "understand" what the victim did wrong to make that nice boy "snap" and kill her.

If I had to guess, PF was loosing control and he couldn't handle that! Kelsey may have wanted to move on with her life and PF wasn't about to deal with custodial issues or child support. At first I thought maybe something spur of the moment happened and he snapped, but not anymore.

To Kelsey's Aunt and all of her family,

I'm so sorry for your loss and I am praying for you all.
May God comfort you and guide men to do what is just in His eyes.
I see a lot of sympathy for Kelsey’s family. And rightly so of course! But let’s remember his family will be suffering too. And to just assume his mom or any of his family helped him at this point is wrong. Let’s pray for them too!

I don't know if that happened, but I just have a feeling that the run to the grocery store with baby on Thanksgiving was part of the set up to kill her. I don't know how it fits in, but I think he sent her to the store that day. To get her out of the house so something could be set up there?? Jmo. edited for clarity.

I think it's possible for sure

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 30s31 seconds ago
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young at the podium first. He says they arrested Frazee on charges of first degree murder in the murder of Kelsey Berreth. He’s presumed innocent until proven guilty. Taken into custody after 7 a.m. #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Natalie Tysdal on Twitter
Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Patrick Frazee being held in Teller Co. Jail. he was taken into custody at 7am this morning. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 2m2 minutes ago
Kelsey’s daughter is back in the Berreth family’s custody. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Breaking: Kelsey's family not providing interviews. Daughter with family. #KelseyBerreth

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Daniela Leon‏ @danielaleontv 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: @PoliceWoodland DOESNT THINK #KelseyBerreth IS ALIVE.

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 4m4 minutes ago
Per Woodland Park PD chief: Patrick Frazee was arrested at 7 a.m. in Florissant, Colorado. His and #KelseyBerreth's daughter is in protective custody.

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 5m5 minutes ago
Breaking: Authorities have NOT found Kelsey Barreth's body but they do not believe she is alive. #KelseyBerreth

Tori Mason on Twitter
Tori Mason‏Verified account @ToriMasonTV 5m5 minutes ago
Chief Miles De Young: Woodland Park Police have not found #KelseyBerreth. They do not believe she is still alive.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 5m5 minutes ago
Per the charge, they believe Kelsey Berreth is dead. They still don’t know where she is, but Chief says they have information that has narrowed their search. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 7m7 minutes ago
Just as we reported this week, De Young says cell phone records played a big role in getting the arrest. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 7m7 minutes ago
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young says investigators don't believe #KelseyBerreth is still alive. Her body has not yet been found.

FOX21 News on Twitter
FOX21 News‏Verified account @FOX21News 7m7 minutes ago
#KelseyBerreth update: Fiance Patrick Frazee was arrested this morning on first-degree murder charges. Kelsey has not been found, but law enforcement do not believe she is still alive.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 6m6 minutes ago
District Attorney Dan May says Frazee was charged with first degree murder and solicitation of first degree murder. Formal charges will be announced in the days ahead. Arraignment date will be passed on when it’s announced. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 6m6 minutes ago
Breaking: Patrick Frazee charged with First degree murder and solicitation for murder. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Formal charges will be announced in about 10 days, May says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 5m5 minutes ago
Per DA: Patrick Frazee has been booked on charges for first-degree murder, solicitation to commit first-degree murder. Formal charges not yet finalized. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Case now transfers from Woodland Park Police to @4thJudicialDA. They lead from now on. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Steve Patterson on Twitter
Steve Patterson‏Verified account @PattersonNBC 5m5 minutes ago
#BREAKING: -Patrick Frazee charged with first degree murder. -Kelsey has not been found. -Police don’t believe she’s alive. -The couple’s one year old daughter is now in protective custody. #KelseyBerreth @NBCNews

Du9LsFUUUAAmZTl.jpg

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
“We will not try this case in the press. That’s not what we do here,” May says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Daniela Leon‏ @danielaleontv 4m4 minutes ago
From now on Dan May’s office will handle the case and be the lead agency in #KelseyBerreth case.

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 8m8 minutes ago
Breaking: affidavits sealed until investigation is complete. probably 30 days. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 8m8 minutes ago
May says he anticipates it will takes weeks, perhaps up to 30 days, to tie up investigative leads. Then, they may unseal records. Those records are sealed to protect the investigation. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 7m7 minutes ago
May: “The efforts by the task force have been phenomenal.” He says the FBI had about 20-30 agents here working it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says they’re still at Berreth’s home processing evidence. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 6m6 minutes ago
Woodland Park police chief: "Sadly, we do not believe Kelsey is still alive." #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 6m6 minutes ago
The couple's child is back with Kelsey's family. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
.@SheriffTeller Jason Mikesell now speaking. He offers his deepest sympathy to the Berreth family. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
“We have a lot of tired officers in this community,” Mikesell says. He’s crediting community support in keeping them going. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 5m5 minutes ago
The case is now in the hands of the @4thJudicialDA. Official charges against Frazee will be released in the coming days. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 4m4 minutes ago
FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Mike Nordwall now speaking. They’ve provided a variety of investigative resources to the case. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 3m3 minutes ago
That includes evidence response team, behavioral analysis, technical analysis and investigative help over the last three weeks. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

"Due to multiple interviews we were able to make an arrest". #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 2m2 minutes ago
Multiple interviews led law enforcement last night to believe they were at a point where they could get a warrant for Frazee's arrest. #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
Law enforcement will not comment on what was found in Frazee's house during the multi-day search. #KelseyBerreth

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 1m1 minute ago
Police can't say what specific evidence was collected following the #KelseyBerreth disappearance, or what prompted the solicitation to commit first-degree murder charge against Patrick Frazee. Other arrests are also possible.

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 1m1 minute ago
"there could be additional arrests due to solicitation charges". #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 1m1 minute ago
Law enforcement "will not speculate" on where Kelsey's body is. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 49s49 seconds ago
I just asked if they have reason to believe the murder took place in her townhome. Chief De Young says yes. That’s why they have been returning to her home for more evidence. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 40s40 seconds ago
LE says there is evidence that the crime may have occurred at her home, which 11 News saw FBI/CBI searching Wednesday. #KelseyBerreth

CMoore News® on Twitter
CMoore News®‏Verified account @CMoore_News 35s35 seconds ago
Investigators believe #KelseyBerreth’s murder happened at her home.

What stood out most to me was the arrest was supported most by interviews

"Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 2m2 minutes ago
"Due to multiple interviews we were able to make an arrest". #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
Multiple interviews led law enforcement last night to believe they were at a point where they could get a warrant for Frazee's arrest. #KelseyBerreth"

Patrick Frazee arrested, charged with first-degree murder
It’s not clear at this time who now has custody of their 1-year-old daughter, Kaylee.

Could he have hired someone to kill KB, at her home, then went over to get the baby after he knew they had killed her. When I read through the article linked above, the additional cars mentioned by the neighbor doesn't sit well. Anybody else read it the same way I do?? (and the rolls left on the counter has always been strange to me). Without any initial signs of forced entry she may have known the killer/s.

"Investigators then zeroed in on searching Berreth’s home days after News 5 also talked with one of Berreth’s neighbors on Monday. That neighbor said she had previously seen two red pickup trucks at Berreth’s home on Thanksgiving Day, when Frazee said he picked up the couple’s daughter.

Berreth’s uncle, Ed Stanfill, said Berreth owns a red truck. Frazee’s truck, which was seized in the search over the weekend, was also red. The neighbor’s account of the events also fits Frazee’s timeline about when he last saw his fiancé.

“I looked up there, and there was both red pickups there Thanksgiving Day. And that was from 12:30 [p.m.] to 1 p.m.,” the neighbor said. “The other two cars were parked with the vehicles facing the apartment, but his was parked sideways behind them.” "

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

If I had to guess, PF was loosing control and he couldn't handle that! Kelsey may have wanted to move on with her life and PF wasn't about to deal with custodial issues or child support. At first I thought maybe something spur of the moment happened and he snapped, but not anymore.
We are going to find out they were not engaged. You will see. This wasn’t about a break up. MOO

The woman’s cell phone has given one of the only publicly revealed clues about her disappearance. Her “phone pinged from Gooding, Idaho, where she has family,” the Denver Post reported. On Nov. 25, a text from her phone was sent to her employer, and it said she wouldn’t be at work the next week, according to the Post. A text was also sent to Frazee that same day.

Video shows Colorado mom at Safeway the last day she was seen — Thanksgiving, cops say

The time stamp is 12:05 p.m. on Nov. 22.
Berreth is wearing a lightweight jacket or sweater, pants and athletic shoes.

Kelsey Berreth disappearance: Surveillance video released

Employees at the company in Teller County also tell us they saw Frazee at the facility dropping off trash from a long trailer with two other men. Witnesses say Frazee remained in a white pickup truck as the two other men, who drove in two separate cars, unloaded the trailer.

The trash was later collected by police and it's been reported a few of the items were taken away by police for further investigation.

Investigators search Kelsey Berreth's townhome in Woodland Park

It's amazing, isn't it? That is always how this happens. Tale as old as time. And yet each time, there are folks doing Olympic-worthy mental gymnastics trying to "understand" what the victim did wrong to make that nice boy "snap" and kill her.
And always there are friends who come forward and say what a nice guy he was. Always!
MOO

What a sad outcome. I managed to stay down the middle in this thing. I did that because I tried to think of what I would want for myself or if someone I was close to were in a situation similar to this one, without being guilty of murder in the end of course. I would hope people could stay objective if there was so little information about what happened. I would hope there wouldn't be an immediate rush to judgment I guess. I don't know, I think there was a big part of my hoping that this was that one case when everything, the guilty party, the circumstances and the outcome were different than all the others like it. That just wasn't the case. Not only is it so very sad for the families and the child, this behavior, this type of crime is becoming so common. There was a recent article that discussed the large increase in the amount of "familicides" being committed and how concerned the FBI is about this fact. I will try to find the article again shortly. I think the one thing I can be thankful for is the knowledge the baby is safe and with family. That is not the way these things usually seem to go in my opinion.

The charges are very interesting. I think one thing I need to understand is, the difference between the "formal" charges, that they mentioned will be made in the coming days or weeks and what I can only assume to be the "informal" charges that were immediately made? I paid close attention to the wording the police chief used. It seems like he tries to communicate more than anyone realizes by using certain words. He was very confident when he mentioned the cell phone data and other data being very important. And, I can't help but feel someone else was very involved with everything. We may find out this entire situation had been planned for some time. My one take that differs from the thinking that someone may have been asked to do this, they declined and then provided information to LE. I believe that LE knows someone was involved and they are trying to find whoever it is. I would be willing to bet the second person involved took the body out of state after she was killed. Someone, whether PF knew this person or not, had one job to do and that was to get the body and other key evidence out of state. It is possible this other person accidentally turned her phone on when they were in or near Gooding or they did do it intentionally to throw LE off. Either way, I believe there is another, very guilty, person out there that will be found soon.

My sympathies go out to the families. None of this makes sense. I don't understand why human beings keep doing this kind of thing to other human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni