CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob McCallum‏ @rwmccallum
Patrick Frazee will be advised today at 3:30 pm at the Teller County Courthouse in Cripple Creek before District Court Judge Lin Billings Vela. It will be a video advisement from the jail. Someone file EMC ASAP.

9:26 AM - 21 Dec 2018

Rob McCallum‏ @rwmccallum
The Court has denied the EMC requests for today's 3:30 pm advisement of Patrick Frazee. No cameras in court. No cell phones either.

9:44 AM - 21 Dec 2018

In my long life and experiences, whenever I've known a man who
was mean or abusive to animals, turns out they were also mean
and abusive to people in their life. Every time.

Yup. Two people staying they'd witnessed animal abuse and one saying he had heard mixed reports. That was enough for me.

It's unlikely to have that many accounts. Coupled with the feeling I got watching his dog video and also his attitude with the media - I could feel his rage with them - it all made an impression of who this cat is.

Not a good one for me.

There is a ton of research documenting the relationship between animal abuse and domestic abuse. I have long been involved in animal rescue; I remember a haunting poster in the Wash DC shelter. One face, half of which was a dog the other a child. Something to the effect ‘once he abuses the dog, the child is in danger.’
Also, if spouse is abused, children often are too, correct?

These threads are so incredibly long, can anyone fill me in? I saw the PC this morning which told us almost nothing. Have you all wonderful people uncovered anything additional? Will we know anything more anytime soon? Have you seen these charges before and what do they usually mean in terms of the crime? Last question, how can they be sure she’s dead with no body? Thanks guys and gals!

Someone here sleuthed the poster - and discovered who they were. The posts may now have been removed but they were there.

It doesn't mean the posts were truthful, no matter what was posted.

As an aside, a person can be deemed 1/4 disabled (or any percentage) if they have smoker's lungs, a bad heart, etc. but that does not mean they are disabled as in frail, bedridden or wheelchair-bound.

IF the mother did have a diagnosed disability, it does not preclude her being able to get around like a normal person.

We all saw PF's mother in the video. It is a disservice to the truth for someone to have posted she was frail or disabled. That leads to wrong assumptions and misinformation.

As I have said before, there is much more information I could provide about PF's family, but by TOS and the good rules here at WS, it cannot be posted publicly. It has been difficult to sit by and not be able to post information that would have corrected misinformation and explained much. I am grateful to LE for PF's arrest and that the truth will finally come out.

Exactly as expected. These cases are so typical. I called it "boilerplate Dateline," but I wasn't joking at all. Wild theories and fictional tales thrown around notwithstanding, the truth is usually more mundane, and so it is again with this sad crime.

He probably won't get the DP; it's not carried out anymore except for a few states like TX. CO isn't going to execute him (IMO).

I'm glad they arrested him and whatever evidence they've uncovered I don't think he has a chance to beat this. I noticed someone else in handcuffs in that video, someone with long gray hair. I'm not going to speculate on who it is or what else is happening, whatever is going on will be revealed whenever...

Solicitation is an interesting piece to this case; it means he conspired with someone else and tried to get them to do the crime. Whether that person participated in this crime is the question.

What I don’t get (along with everything else) is how PF could go to such extremes establishing that he was nowhere near Kelsey, yet he couldn’t “act innocent” and plead publicly for her safe return? One would think he would at least go through the motions after how much he already had invested in establishing his innocence.
Thinking aloud here, speculating.....I wonder, since he himself didn't miss Kelsey, he assumed other people wouldn't really miss her either. Once the employer got the text that bought PF some time, they would simply fire her and leave it at that. Perhaps he thought the family would go longer without contacting her and then he could just say, "she left" without them questioning it. (?!!?!)

I don't know. He just seems so.....cold. Perhaps he didn't act innocent or worried because he truly thought nobody else would be particularly worried or curious where she went. His plan was just to get rid of her, period. He had no plan for acting because he didn't see the need.

jmo

I've seen many times on LivePD, officers telling someone they are being detained (but not under arrest) while they are handcuffing them. I think it is a precaution for LE, and to keep a situation under control while they sort things out. moo
Agree. I think I was caught in the moment and jumped the gun.

But even if she wasn't arrested.

Her in handcuffs will be online for the next 100 years.

So you can't never erase that image even if you tried to.o_O

Jaysus. So of course it is a busy time now with the holidays..I have been checking in off and on but only able to get updates thanks to this site and the awesome group of people here.
But....does the idiot not have tv, internet or radio? Has he not heard anything about another missing CO mom this year? <throws hands up in the air> So stupid.

Anyway, I heard about the arrest on the news in the car..but nothing about solicitation for murder. Wow! Stunning.

I also heard he was arrested on his property as he was trying to leave...is that correct?

Thanks for all of the updates everybody!

Where do you think he was going? Was he leaving as in “get out of Dodge” or just going to the store, etc.?

Colorado is spoiling us. I'm so impressed with LE in that state. There's no ego involved in the small PD's. Looks like they immediately request assistance from CBI and FBI and the collaboration is so damn effective. Two cases back to back with such quick arrests.

LE on a roll.
Let's hope it's a speedy trial like CW. I wonder why they did not find the physical evidence needed the first time they went to KB's house. Maybe they didn't know exactly what they were looking for? Whatever they found it must be enough to charge without a body. I hope they put the death penalty on the table to get him to confess to where she is.

What I don’t get (along with everything else) is how PF could go to such extremes establishing that he was nowhere near Kelsey, yet he couldn’t “act innocent” and plead publicly for her safe return? One would think he would at least go through the motions after how much he already had invested in establishing his innocence.

I wonder if he was getting advice from his LE or LE-adjacent family members not to. They especially would have watched the Watts case unfold with a clear understanding of all the mistakes he made and the ways he implicated himself. If PF had called and said, “hey I got this weird text from KB, she left and she left the baby with me and now her mom has reported her missing,” they might have been quick to suggest he protect himself lest he be falsely implicated. Pure speculation, but I think they would have believed his story and been eager to offer their advice if he’d gone to them. Or perhaps he reached that conclusion on his own after watching CW crash and burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
worldsapart624