CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the Daily Mail article? In this article it’s reported his mother has been “detained” but not arrested.
Fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth is arrested and charged with murder | Daily Mail Online
Hearing this news made my day! Kudos to LE for making the arrest and protecting the child! Hopefully they'll also take any of his animals and protect them.

If his mother owns two other properties, that might be where she'll be found. Fingers crossed this lovely young woman will be found. I can't even fathom the anguish her family is going through.

My life insurance company will not allow me to name a non-blood related person - only spouse, siblings, parents and children. I do not think there was a policy naming him unless they allowed it. IMO insurance money was not a motive - control over KB is what I believe.
Hopefully Mrs. B will file for guardianship and then she will be able to collect benefits on behalf of Baby K. Need a death certificate and without cooperation it might take a while.

That was Sam’s interpretation of what the solicitation charge meant. But I think it’s telling that the DA stressed that the solicitation doesn’t have to involve final completion of the act. Just firm steps toward it. So it very well could be someone started helping him in the planning stages but then backed out, leaving PF to do the job on his own.
That’s a really good thought.

We’ve seen that type of thing many times before.

It’s not easy to find yourself a hitman, and they are notoriously unreliable.

Me either. And the solicitation charge pretty much removes any of those theories IMO about "things getting out of hand", "he snapped", not his intention etc. Clearly he was intending to kill her and was dumb enough to ask for help from someone who either had loose lips or finally did the right thing and came forward. Too late, IMO. If there was a chance that person knew before 11/22 (my personal guess of the date of death) and could have prevented it, they deserve the DP as well JMO.
Maybe they didn't think he was serious, and only realized after the fact he was. If someone did take him up on the offer, I hope they go down too.
I just can't understand how anyone could help snuff someone's life out. Especially someone so sweet,and the mommy of a sweet baby.

Somebody just posted this solicitation of murder arrest in Idaho on FB. Not sure if related

Elmore County Sheriff Idaho
Very interesting. By the language in the news release, it appears to me however that his victim is still alive. (i.e., won't release more details to protect the victim's privacy). MOO

Last edited:
Why didn't people speculate about PF's mental health instead of KB's? Why was it assumed KB was the one who had the problem?

Unfortunately, I have always believed KB's life ended on Thanksgiving Day. I also believed PF was involved with her death. I have seen this too much. LE knew it, too. There were never any organized search parties for KB. No missing-person fliers. LE was slowly and steadily building a case, but they needed concrete evidence.

As for baby K, as other posters have said, she was more of a possession to PF. He "owned" her, as he owns his abused horses and dogs. He can do anything he wants with them and to them. Perhaps, KB did not like the way PF disciplined K. Maybe she did not want K spanked or hit. It is conceivable KB had enough of PF's controlling ways, and she could excuse it when it came to herself, but she would not allow PF to treat baby K in that same manner.

There are many factors involved in this tragedy. KB may have tried to shield her family from the truth about PF, but it will now be exposed for the world to see.

Victim-blaming. We've seen it before.

I mean initially it's certainly a possibility. Post-partum depression can be an issue. Or just having to deal with the complexities of being a first time mother and working full time and negotiating a relationship.

But at a certain point when we saw how LE was focused and no evidence of instability on her part came out, yet there were accounts of instability on his part, the persistence of such speculation becomes frustrating.

I think it is summed up sometimes in the attitude that a good ol' boy can't possibly resort to violence and women are precarious creatures subject to instability, cheating, and drunkenness.

Again and again we see logic discounted as "close-minded" while wild speculation about a responsible worker and mother is proposed instead, such as she walked down the street on Thanskgiving day to go bar hopping, leaving her car and baby. Or she secretly checked into rehab or a mental hospital because she's a drunken or unstable nut and somehow the facility fails to alert anyone despite a nationwide search.

And listen. These cases aren't all predictable. Things do arise that are surprising and shocking and discussion about all theories is viable and valuable.

But a pattern sometimes becomes apparent that I suspect might at times be linked to a core distrust of women. I could be wrong but it's a feeling.

Somebody just posted this solicitation of murder arrest in Idaho on FB. Not sure if related

Elmore County Sheriff Idaho

Gooding is located in Elmore County, Idaho, if I am not mistaken.

ETA: Well, I was mistaken. Gooding is in Gooding County, and is the County Seat! Sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:
That must have been hell for LE to leave her with him!
Does anyone think they had cameras on him - how could LE know she was safe? There has to be some way for CPS to step in legally when this type of investigation is going on to protect the child. He could easily have done something to the baby - although his mother was there too so there is that JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni