CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is normal for the child of a murdered parent, to be taken from the family of the accused killer, while they sort things out.

How would that child feel, as they began to grow up and learn about the murder? It would be very awkward and uncomfortable for the child. She would be living with the people who were siding with and supporting and sympathizing with the man who killer her mother.

I wish you were right and that it was abnormal but it is not. It’s also not legal to remove children from a parent due to suspicion of a crime - even murder. Children stay with parents suspected of crimes in my city, your city, rural areas & in every area of this country. OJ Simpson & Jason Powell are famous examples but this is absolutely an everyday occurrence. Wish it was different. Sorry it’s not

ETA: MOO

she may have even recently told him she plans to move back home. I can't imagine being an un-wed mom without local family support.

Maybe the idea to move and her resolve was revealed on Thanksgiving and not the actual break up. Maybe he lost it. Maybe he THEN solicited help to deal with her body and phone.

MOO
I'd love to know just what was expressed to her family about PF and how their relationship progressed over time. It definitely could have been the day. It seems when people voice that they are leaving, they are often attacked and "disappear" or very soon after, sadly :(.

I'd love to know just what was expressed to her family about PF and how their relationship progressed over time. It definitely could have been the day. It seems when people voice that they are leaving, they are often attacked and "disappear" or very soon after, sadly :(.
It’s absolutely plausible that it could have happened that way.

We just don’t know enough to determine if that’s what actually happened.

I definitely wouldn’t be surprised though.

To permanently destroy a phone, could you hammer the parts to pieces, removing the sim card, breaking it and throwing the pieces everywhere.
Surely no data could be retrieved.
Or is it possible, to obtain previous records of phone, before the destruction, by other means: without the phone.

Not sure, the way it's worded is funny...it was "found" but not "recovered" apparently.

"Authorities searched Frazee's cattle ranch and Berreth's townhome but declined to say what they found. De Young did say evidence suggests "the crime" occurred at Berreth's home and that her cell phone was found in Idaho. Investigators were working to recover the phone, which is key."

Police: Colorado woman likely killed at home, fiance charged

I think someone brought the phone to Idaho for him and threw it off the canyon or something of that nature and now they are talking. That's just my opinion. Edited to add: I'm not sure what I did wrong with this quote, but it's not working for me. Sorry!

Last edited:
Murder suspect Patrick Frazee to get new attorney
Defense attorney Jeremy Loew is no longer representing Patrick Frazee, the Teller County man arrested Friday on suspicion of murdering his fiance', Kelsey Berreth.

Adam Steigerwald, an attorney with the public defender's office, will now represent Frazee.

Loew was expected to release a statement Friday but did not do so, and has been unavailable for comment since releasing a statement last Dec. 14, the day authorities searched Frazee's property in Florissant.

KRDO NewsChannel 13 learned of the change in Frazee's defense by checking online court records.

During an interview on Dec. 13, Loew, who is often interviewed on legal matters, seemed unusually nervous and uncomfortable. He answered most questions by saying he didn't know, couldn't answer or couldn't talk about the case.

To permanently destroy a phone, could you hammer the parts to pieces, removing the sim card, breaking it and throwing the pieces everywhere.
Or is it possible, to obtain previous records of phone, before the destruction, by other means: without the phone.
Yeah. You can obtain some data from the phone company, and potentially from the cloud.

You generally need the phone for things like text messages, and internet searches, though.

It would sure be great if they found it.

It’s absolutely plausible that it could have happened that way.

We just don’t know enough to determine if that’s what actually happened.

I definitely wouldn’t be surprised though.

It would not seem at all strange if KB expressed a desire to move closer to her family if she decided/realized no marriage was ever going to happen. I can’t help but think that the idea of baby K moving quite far away kicked off this nightmare. It doesn’t matter if it was parental control or love that motivated PF. I just would not be shocked if KB floated that idea and he started his awful plan.

Jmo

Whoa! Finding the phone is huge. They must have gotten good intel on the location. I wonder if it still has info, had a factory reset, still has texts or previous messages on it, call history, apps, etc.

It's hard to say because he hasn't been talking, but I just don't get the sense PF is the brightest bulb in terms of planning and covering all his tracks.
I'm still skeptical whether or not the phone has been found.

This is what KRDO said the same day (Friday):
We reported that Berreth's phone was last pinged in Idaho, and De Young confirmed that information Friday. He said her phone ended up in Idaho, and authorities were still working to recover the phone. He added that the case has involved "highly technical work, including searching cell phone records and data."
Patrick Frazee arrested for murder after Kelsey Berreth's disappearance

And KOAA:
De Young did say that Berreth’s phone ended up in Idaho and that the information about Berreth’s phone pinging off of a tower in southern Idaho was accurate. However, her phone has not yet been found.
Patrick Frazee arrested for first-degree murder in Kelsey Berreth case

Last edited:
Defense attorney Jeremy Loew is no longer representing Patrick Frazee, the Teller County man arrested Friday on suspicion of murdering his fiance', Kelsey Berreth.

Adam Steigerwald, an attorney with the public defender's office, will now represent Frazee.

Loew was expected to release a statement Friday but did not do so, and has been unavailable for comment since releasing a statement last Dec. 14, the day authorities searched Frazee's property in Florissant.

KRDO NewsChannel 13 learned of the change in Frazee's defense by checking online court records.

During an interview on Dec. 13, Loew, who is often interviewed on legal matters, seemed unusually nervous and uncomfortable. He answered most questions by saying he didn't know, couldn't answer or couldn't talk about the case.

I guess he learned more about PF than he wanted to know!

It’s probably best to know when your cheese is sliding off your cracker.

If the phone is an iPhone and backs up to the cloud, everything is saved regardless of the condition of the phone. I have never owned an Android phone but Google also has a cloud so it may work the same way.

Using the cloud is an option but it's very convenient for backups and having all of the data stored makes replacing a phone seamless.

KB didn't have the kind of online presence that Shanann had, but the most telling were the quotations on her Pinterest account. Dates aren't on there so I can't tell when she was feeling this way, but I walked away feeling sad. It seemed that KB was starting to believe her dream was a nightmare and trying to come to grips with the fact that she needed to walk away. One example of Kelsey's pinned quotes on Pinterest said, "God often removes a person from your life for your protection. Think about that before you go running after them."

Knowing what we know now, this is really chilling. Most likely KB didn't know how much protection she needed. My heart hurts for her and her family. It seems that relationshipwise, she was in exactly the same place that Shanann was..struggling with the demise of her once great love.

If the phone is an iPhone and backs up to the cloud, everything is saved regardless of the condition of the phone. I have never owned an Android phone but Google also has a cloud so it may work the same way.

Using the cloud is an option but it's very convenient for backups and having all of the data stored makes replacing a phone seamless.
Text messages, search history, and app data, aren’t included though.

Those are the things that will be able to shed the most light here.

I wonder how much the Berreth family know about the scheme that PF drew up - there is so much yet to be uncovered.

According to this report (5:30 mark), Fox News asked police what's next and learned:
  1. There will be searches for Kelsey's body in the next few days.
  2. Forensic evidence will be sent to the lab
  3. They are working on retrieving more data from Kelsey's phone, which was apparently found and located near Twin Falls, Idaho

Twin Falls merits certain attention. When I was checking Idaho as I had no clue what it had (e.g., Costco, motels - because I assumed PF made the trip there) - I came across Twin Falls. And almost at the same time someone on WS posted about "having an eerie feeling" walking on some bridge there, as if Kelsey was close.

I don't know what these coincidences mean. I am not a psychic, nor do I believe in parapsychology. In fact, rather, the opposite. But each time Twin Falls is mentioned in conjunction with this case, I get an "eerie feeling". Maybe it is merely a logical assumption, given that it is a larger place in Southern Idaho, otherwise, as I suspect, not densely populated?

I also remember that neither KB's purse nor her driver's licence have been found.

Makes me wonder if some of these things are in Twin Falls, too.

KB didn't have the kind of online presence that Shanann had, but the most telling were the quotations on her Pinterest account. Dates aren't on there so I can't tell when she was feeling this way, but I walked away feeling sad. It seemed that KB was starting to believe her dream was a nightmare and trying to come to grips with the fact that she needed to walk away. One example of Kelsey's pinned quotes on Pinterest said, "God often removes a person from your life for your protection. Think about that before you go running after them."

Knowing what we know now, this is really chilling. Most likely KB didn't know how much protection she needed. My heart hurts for her and her family. It seems that relationshipwise, she was in exactly the same place that Shanann was..struggling with the demise of her once great love.

From that bolded phrase, Kelsey was not happy with her life.
To mention protection, I wonder if PF was aggressive/violent towards her (removing a person for your protection).
I think, she seems to be implying, that not living with him is a good thing (God removing a person).
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members