CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee were supposed to be in court for a custody hearing

Guys!!!!! That custody hearing WAS scheduled before she went missing! I thought so with the the different case numbers. The plot thickens. Sorry if repeated info, just saw the news here in Colo
They would have different docket numbers because one is criminal and one is civil. I don’t think this was previously scheduled but is in response to the state taking the girl Friday morning.

My understanding is that the facts we know are:
1. Two texts were sent from Kelsey's phone on November 25.
2. Kelsey's phone pinged in Gooding, ID on November 25.

I think it could very well be possible that sending those texts on November 25 could have been what made the phone ping in Idaho. But I guess in theory, we have no idea what time those texts were sent or where the phone was located when those texts sent out. And maybe the phone was turned on later and pinged in Idaho. I would imagine that sending out texts is what pinged the phone, but I am not completely certain of that timeline or how that all works what pings. Or if the police have any info on if there was any activity on Kelsey's phone beyond that.

Airplane mode.

What is airplane mode? - Definition from WhatIs.com

Airplane mode is a setting on cell phones, smartphones and other mobile devices that prevents the device from sending or receiving calls and text messages. Airplane mode is also known as offline mode, standalone mode and flight mode.

“Airplane mode” is also used metaphorically, to refer to a lack of service or the user’s intentional avoidance of communications.

Jmo i think it was off until the 25th. Two text sent and back off.

I use airplane mode when there are no towers close or no close enought to get a signal. Even though your phone is useless to you it is constantly trying to connect to tower. Handshake is what its called, constantly trying to connect, wear the battery down fast.

Agreed. This case does seem more frustrating than usual with sloppy reporting. The media reports some things like it is fact, but then you realize they are simply taking what we have heard from the press conference and missing a nuance or drawing a conclusion that was not explicitly stated. It's not coming from "inside information" or exclusive info. I think most of it is inadvertent, but it's making things confusing and then is reported as fact in the MSM which ends up making a mess. People think they are quoting a valid source. I have hardly seen anything out there in this case that hasn't come either from the press conferences or from CB's interviews. But some things even from those have taken on a life of its own.

I've just taken the time to go through terms of service for this website. I don't see anything against calling reporters. There is something about inserting yourself into the case, but I don't think calling a reporter to correct their misinformation is against terms of service.

.. and the Taylor Wright case in Florida.

As Gunslinging Granny wrote earlier,

"His legal custody of Kelsey's baby must be terminated!
(Read Dr. Teresa Sievers' thread. Her poor mom and the children suffered immensely)"

Also, the media report, upthread about 15 posts, state in the video that the child custody was already in progress prior to her going missing.

I thought we had decided here that that was filed afterwards. Is this another case where the media hasn't been correct?

It wasn't in progress. Unless by that they mean CPS was already involved.

It seems to me that someone or something indicated to police that her walls had been repainted.

I have seen no indications of such? Can you Enlighten us?

I do agree with others that they took a ladder to cut out drywall perhaps for evidence that was higher up. That perhaps they went in at night and saw luminol and then saw blood spatter above the luminal and cleaning area? That is a possibility in my opinion

Chris Halsne?
It sounds to me as if the person who had the phone is cooperating with police and he tossed it somewhere and they know the approximate location and are searching for it. However, the wording is suspicious and they might have the phone and are searching its contents. In other words, it is not clear.

Soliciting a felony in Colorado
Under Section 18-2-301 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) you commit criminal solicitation when:

• You attempt to persuade another person to commit a felony, or
  • You offer your services or the services of a third party as either a principal or accomplice to commit a felony;
AND

• You intend to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime, under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.
A key difference between solicitation and conspiracy is that for the crime of conspiracy to take place, there must be an agreement between at least two people to commit a crime and an overt act in furtherance of that agreement. In the offense of criminal solicitation, on the other hand, the motive or intent of the person solicited is irrelevant to the question of whether the person soliciting the crime has violated the solicitation statute.

And to be guilty of criminal attempt, you must engage in conduct constituting a substantial step toward the commission of the offense. This differs from both solicitation and conspiracy, neither of which require anything more than statements (albeit ones made with intent to facilitate or engage in a crime).

The important thing to note is that each of these offenses requires the proof of at least one fact not required by the other. For instance, a conspiracy may be committed without the inducement required for the crime of solicitation. Solicitation, on the other hand, may be committed without the parties ever reaching an agreement or without any overt act in furtherance of the crime solicited.

CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

I would never take a child to visit a parent who had murdered their other parent. I would protect the child from any involvement with them.

Agree. I think most people would!

I agree with you, it's a horrible thought, but I see him using this as a bargaining opportunity, he may not have the visitation rights but he's going to want his family to have them. JMO

No. There would need to be more.
Thanks.
It sounds to me as if the person who had the phone is cooperating with police and he tossed it somewhere and they know the approximate location and are searching for it. However, the wording is suspicious and they might have the phone and are searching its contents. In other words, it is not clear.
I think it's sloppy for LE to say it ended up anywhere, until they have it in their hands.

Hi All, Pardon if I am repeating a question that has been posted many times before ....... but Last night in the local Denver News (where i live) they said they located Kelsey's phone in Twin Falls ID, is this correct information?? Also how are they suggesting it got there? - Again apologies if I ma rehashing old news, I finally got a few minutes to myself and would like to know. Thanks

Welcome! I see that you are a new member since December 15th. Many times in a case the media gets it incorrectly at the very beginning. Right now, they are, in many people's opinion getting it incorrectly. A media outlet has reported it, but they have not given a source for that information so many think that they are interpreting things incorrectly because they have never been involved with such a case before as many of us have. If that makes sense.

I think the police said the phone indeed ended up in Idaho. I suspect they must have received very reliable information for LE to know that it had ended up there. When they said it hadn't been recovered, they may have been referring to it not being physically in their possession, still in the hands of the Idaho police.
Agreed. About 14 minutes into the press conference

I did a Teller County civil court action search right after KB went missing and nothing came up. Perhaps custody actions are not public?

Perhaps somebody can call the clerk of Records on Monday when they are open and ask when it was filed is it is public records. I would have assumed the media had done that, but that assumption has flown out the window.

I agree with you, it's a horrible thought, but I see him using this as a bargaining opportunity, he may not have the visitation rights but he's going to want his family to have them. JMO
I was also worrying he could be OFFERED this regarding his family to get more information out of him/them

I apologize that I didn't read further ahead and see that someone else had already replied. I'm not doing that this time either, though. LOL! (I'm super busy wrapping and baking :)) Anyway, although it makes sense that the two texts were sent from Gooding, we haven't received any information that is the case. Just wanted to clarify that.
MOO

Oh thats fine, but I do believe that to be the case, we’ll see.

But we assume it was enough leverage for CW.
Actually, in the CW case, I don't assume that avoiding the death penalty was his primary motive to plead guilty. My gut feeling is that he didn't want to speak further, or testify, or be testified about, none of that. I feel he also wanted to shield others from scrutiny... IMO

If someone came to me to participate in any way shape or form to commit murder I absolutely would not. (nobody would ever come to me for this btw)
So, who might PF know that he could approach? I'm not trying to sleuth anyone but narrow it down. To me, it would be a friend that had also committed other crimes.
The good news is that we should know who it is in about 9 days (Dec 31). :)

District attorney Dan May said that under Colorado law, it's a crime to solicit someone to commit another crime. A solicitation charge requires someone to take a "substantial step" towards a criminal act, but not necessarily to complete it. He said the preliminary charges against Frazee don't require investigators to specify who they believe was solicited to commit a crime, but said that would be required when formal charges are filed in about 10 days.
Fiancé of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth arrested, charged with murder

How is it victim blaming to attempt to get inside the killer's head? To respond to another post about other people he might have considered "disposing of"?
Here is how you describe PF, a murderer: Trapped (we don't know this), responsible young man (we don't know this), caring for a disabled parent (we don't know this), did not duck his responsibilities (we don't know this),
he was co-parenting with a woman he's never lived with, He was trapped between two women and two lifestyles (we don't know this)... And to boot you say Kaylee might not have been his kid and imply he's raising another man's kid...

He is an adult man, who could have made any decision, but instead he chose to murder the mother of his child. And you are here sticking up for him, and blaming Kelsey.

Last edited:
I can’t get over the solicitation charge. My initial thought like many here was possibly a realatives involvement, but now I’m leaning a bit differently. I believe it was reported that two persons accompanied PF to the Waste Management facility. We know LE was notified of this. I can’t help but think LE located these individuals and interviewed them at length and may have done so prior to returning to PF’s for the follow-up on the search warrant and most definitely before returning to KB’s Thursday night. Who were these two people? We know whomever they were they’re not the brightest bulbs in the box! Who goes to the dump with a suspect of ANY crime? Would a person willing to go to the dump with a suspect also be willing to dump a phone? I think either one or both of them gave LE incriminating information, because following “dump day” things really started to roll.

OOOOPPPPPPS, messed up big time. Was just "thinking" and agreeing.

BBM

I changed from relative to otherwise because of the clause about who is allowed to visit.

I've also been trying to decide how and where to hide something -- say on a ranch so you feel it is least likely to be discovered.

If you dig, ground will be disturbed. Dogs, coyotes, vultures, etc. likely to alert to something just dumped. So where do you hide something?

How about in a barn? maybe under floorboards, if there are floorboards. But I think definitely under hay. Those big rectangular bales would have been the perfect hiding place. Do any ranches still use those?

Unstack the bales, then in the center, hide whatever needs to be stashed -- paint cans, drop cloths, etc. and restack -- or is that such a common location no one would ever consider it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member