Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board. Various posters.

Some were 'drive-by' comments - made by posters who apparently haven't stuck with the case -- and some from posters still quite attentive, day to day.

Okay, I thought you were referring to claims based on facts.

@Alice Ramnit,

I understand you have sound knowledge on the topic of domestic abuse. Good posters here told me so.

Multiple posters in May were adamant - some still are - that the Sherman case is a domestic violence case that ended with M-S.

Claims were made the couple didn't get along or hadn't in a long time.

I'm no expert but I understood that typically the level of violence between a couple where abuse is present, escalates over time.

I am aware of no reports of domestic violence in the Sherman household, ever.

If there was no previous incident or incidents, I have strong doubt a quantum leap was made from frustration or anger - all marriages have some - to murder.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi William,

Thanks for your post. You are right in thinking that abuse usually escalates over time. The only exclusion to that would be a crime of passion when a person literally 'snaps' and loses control. I don't have any personal knowledge about the Sherman's marriage or their relationship however I do have an acquaintance who knew them quite well and is adamant that it was not in Barry's DNA to be violent or to harm his wife.

Other than the Shermans, who was at the December architects meeting held at Apotex. It would be helpful to know how that meeting went, and what their body language was like or what was said by Bonnie and Barry. The architects must have had a lot to say to the police.

I could go further. This - in my opinion - 'story' was apparently ready before news of the Sherman's deaths had hit the media.

It is so insane to imagine that a man who 'snapped', with no history of physical abuse, also had the temerity to strangle his wife then turn her arms inside out in her coat and attach her to the aluminium pool posts. THEN arrange his own suicide to look similar. It is outrageous and at least to me, a ridiculous proposition.

Do go on.

On the Fifth Estate they said they spoke to two of KW’s friends that confirmed he told them of the ‘plot’. I’d like to know when he did that.

Almost 1 year ago l got a call from my lawyer who got tipped that Barry and Honey were found dead...before the news went viral. I turned to my lawyer and said, “he finally did it”! He replied, “who”.
I said, “Barry finally killed the <modsnip- name calling>”.

This is the source of my post. I don't know anything about the friends.

This is the source of my post. I don't know anything about the friends.
If he’s claiming he said that to his lawyer it might be privileged. If he ever said that at all.

ETA: I imagine if it were a cell phone call they could confirm that the call took place.

It’s a strange reaction to a notification of two deaths. I’d expect : ‘what? Where? How did it happen?!’

Last edited:
Now, a year into the probe and in a move that is sure to raise eyebrows in policing and community circles, Gomes has been tapped by Chief Mark Saunders to take over command of the Toronto Police Operations Centre. Gomes was recently promoted from detective sergeant to inspector and will now be in uniform. Homicide detectives are plain clothes, non-uniform officers.

New role for lead investigator in Sherman murders | The Star

Also note the wording "I got a call from my lawyer" and "I turned to my lawyer".

JMO
Kerry Winter said:

Almost 1 year ago l got a call from my lawyer who got tipped that Barry and Honey were found dead...before the news went viral. I turned to my lawyer and said, “he finally did it”! He replied, “who”.
I said, “Barry finally killed the <modsnip- name calling>”.

Notice also, that it was the lawyer himself who was calling KW to let him know about B&H before the news went viral, but after telling him and hearing KW's response of 'he finally did it', the lawyer must have completely lost his bearings about what they were talking about and asks, 'who?'?? Okayyy.

If he’s claiming he said that to his lawyer it might be privileged. If he ever said that at all.

ETA: I imagine if it were a cell phone call they could confirm that the call took place.

It’s a strange reaction to a notification of two deaths. I’d expect : ‘what? Where? How did it happen?!’
In my opinion, as a double murder, only the killer would have such a story prepared (murder/suicide) before the news was out about manner of death.

This could have been any one of six possibilities –

1. natural death and suicide

2. accidental death like a fall down stairs and suicide

3. double accidental death like a roof collapsing

4. double suicide

5. double murder

6. murder suicide

For those of us who are news junkies, there was very little lag time between the discovery of the bodies and the time it hit the news. Once the health minister (a friend of the Shermans) sent out tweets, it became breaking news. The Sherman family members were getting it from the tv and making phone calls to family down south!!
How/why would KWs lawyer get a 'tip' about the deaths in these days of SM??
I doubt there was time for a **pre-emptive** phone call unless the lawyer had his tv on in his office and then called KW.
The media have people whose job it is to 'sit' on SM and report immediately.

I have personally wondered if this was more in fact something like a 'lateral move'. It was noted that SG is 'back in uniform'. I understand that her new role requires this, but.. I have this little niggling inside my brain that wonders if it was *said* to be a promotion when it really wasn't a promotion at all, but for obvious reasons, they don't want it splashed all over the world. Same as for Det Price. He will supposedly head up the investigation at some later time? Really? Hmm. Hope not.
The main reason I believe it was a promotion rather than a lateral move, was the amount of publicity it was given (more than just a sidebar) and the fact Gomes will have greater authority. Usually lateral transfers/ moves/demotions, the person become less visible to the public and has fewer people under her command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong