GA - Mary & Elwyn Crocker Jr, both 14, starved, beaten & buried, Effingham Cnty, 20 Dec 2018 Arrests

Above link updated.

December 20, 2018 at 1:17 PM EST - Updated December 21 at 9:37 PM

“This guy, the biological father, was a Santa Claus at Rincon Walmart, and these other families who live out here had their kids in his lap," said neighbor, Ronald Howe.
THAT guy was a Santa?!?! That evil, vile looking guy?!?! Good Lord, there must be no requirements at all! This really makes me think twice about taking my kids to see a Santa.

4 arrested after missing siblings found dead in Effingham County, GA

The Effingham County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed two teenagers were found deceased and another child with disabilities is in the hospital for observation.

Investigators found the bodies of 14-year-old Mary Crocker and her brother, Elywn Crocker, Jr., buried in a family’s yard in Guyton, Thursday afternoon. Elywn Crocker, Jr. had been buried there for two years. He would be 16 years old now.

Four people have been arrested and charged in connection with the deaths. The biological father, 49-year-old Elwyn Crocker, and stepmother, 33-year-old Candice Crocker were arrested and charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree. Step-grandmother, 50-year-old Kim Wright was also arrested on those same charges.

So sad. :( Heartbroken for Elwyn Jr. & Mary. I do wonder, as well, why both children were deceased (murdered, whether by negligence, deprivation or directly) at age 14. I hope they are now at peace and the community can find answers through the investigation.
I’m glad that one child was rescued, and hope that they find a loving home.

This happened about 10 minutes from where I live. It’s extremely shocking to have something this horrendous happen in your own area. There were signs of at least neglect leading up to this. I have a friend who’s child attended elementary school with Elwyn Jr. who saw questionable things years ago. It’s so sad.

Video at link.

‘I’m still shocked, I can’t even sleep at night’ Mother fights for son living where missing siblings found dead in Effingham County, GA

WIS has learned that the two teens found buried near their own home in Georgia have ties to South Carolina.

A woman living in Camden said she is the mother of a third child who was living in the home with the now deceased teens.

[...]
I didn’t think the younger female who was arrested was his mother. Hopefully he can go back and live with his biological mom.

Yes I realize this woman in the video is his biological mom, I was referring to the younger female that was arrested. I think I read somewhere that the biological father accused this woman in the video of trying to kill the young son many years ago. This whole story is just sad on so many levels.
No, his bio mom is interviewed (video at link). However, I get bad vibes listening to her and it is unclear why she doesn’t have custody for her son.

No, his bio mom is interviewed (video at link). However, I get bad vibes listening to her and it is unclear why she doesn’t have custody for her son.
Vampira, these cases are worse than fiction.. So many case we come across are beyond nightmares we can conceive...

Cause of death a mystery for kids found buried in South Georgia

As expected by authorities, autopsies have confirmed the identities of two children found buried in their family’s backyard in Effingham County, though many questions remain about the deaths, coroner David Exley said Monday.

“The cause and manner of death is still pending,” he said, adding it could take weeks.

The trouble, he said, is partly that Mary Crocker and Elwyn Crocker Jr. had been buried so long ago — Mary for perhaps a few months, Elwyn for maybe as long as two years. The remains of the siblings, who were both 14 years old when they were last seen but hadn’t been reported missing, were discovered Thursday in the rural town of Guyton by the Effingham Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

Video at link.

‘I’m still shocked, I can’t even sleep at night’ Mother fights for son living where missing siblings found dead in Effingham County, GA

WIS has learned that the two teens found buried near their own home in Georgia have ties to South Carolina.

A woman living in Camden said she is the mother of a third child who was living in the home with the now deceased teens.

[...]

“The Sheriff's Office said a third child with disabilities who had been living in the home is in the hospital for observation.”

Snip

“James Crocker is 11 years old, and Self said his disabilities include cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and a few other complications.
"He's not doing anything to my child because my child is drawing a disability check and he’s living off that check," Self said.“
-more at first link

Friday, investigators arrested a fourth suspect. Wright’s boyfriend, 55-year-old Roy Anthony Prater, has been charged with concealing the death of another, cruelty to children in the first degree, and possession of a scheduled or controlled substance. All four of the suspects have had their first appearance and were denied bond.

4 arrested after missing siblings found dead in Effingham County, GA
4 real cutie pies. #%$^ them. Just unimaginable. RIP Mary and EJ

Ex-Walmart Santa Claus arrested after bodies of his 2 children unearthed from yard

[...]

Until recently, Elwyn Crocker Sr., who had his 50th birthday in jail on Christmas Day, had served as a Santa Claus at a Walmart in nearby Rincon, Georgia, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"This is an ongoing investigation. More charges could be forthcoming," McDuffie said.

[...]

"I can't elaborate too much on the investigation at this time because of the nature and basically the horrendousness of these two kids being missing," McDuffie said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back